Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Noob Leeching - does it hurt the game?

Default Leeching can fail!

Let me begin by saying that I have been a "victim" of leeching, and later on, tried leeching myself.

When i was a "victim" of leeching, I was a real noob, I didn't understand many things. It was really hard. Then i learned more and more about this game. I realised that the guy farming me had villages closer to the center of the map. I realized what it meant ( although i didn't know the term leeching), he settled his village in the outer ring to wait for villages to spawn and farm them.

I said to myself,"This is it!!". This was the ultimate tactic to dominate. I WAS WRONG! I started o n another server to try this and i came across 3 major snags:

1. Your new village has no BP.
    If an experienced teuton who intentionally starts late pops up beside u right after u settle, you'll see 2 clubs on the same day. And subsequently more and more untill your reinforcements arrive, which will be quite late. And you can't attack him because he has BP

2. Farms don't last forever.
    Either they delete intentionally, get deleted for inactivity, or they just cranny up, you'll find that your project gets stalled. Then you have a new problem, the small players form alliances and start coordinating defense. Or even worse, they start to attack u. It happened to me. There were at least 12 players sending at least 1 attack each per day. I couldn't do anything because there was a war going on in the middle of the map. I needed resources and troops for my first village. And even if i could spare some for my "leech" village, it takes days to get resource or troops there. Rather futile. And that teuton got cats and it was game over.

3. There are other players in between.
    There are always players who registered after you and spawned in a zone that is in between your first village and your "leech" village. These players may have less pop or villages that you, but they are developed enough to have a decent army that can give your leech village a nightmare.

Conclusion:
    It really depends on the individual. Leeching is not guaranteed success. It can fail miserably. And settling a village in the outer ring doesn't change the dynamic all that much for the newly registered players. There is always a bigger player nearby who is not a "leech". So the drill is the same, cranny up before BP ends, grow your pop, and try to get into a decent alliance for protection.

Thorned Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by dj_spinnaholic View Post
    Let me begin by saying that I have been a "victim" of leeching, and later on, tried leeching myself.

When i was a "victim" of leeching, I was a real noob, I didn't understand many things. It was really hard. Then i learned more and more about this game. I realised that the guy farming me had villages closer to the center of the map. I realized what it meant ( although i didn't know the term leeching), he settled his village in the outer ring to wait for villages to spawn and farm them.

I said to myself,"This is it!!". This was the ultimate tactic to dominate. I WAS WRONG! I started o n another server to try this and i came across 3 major snags:

1. Your new village has no BP.
    If an experienced teuton who intentionally starts late pops up beside u right after u settle, you'll see 2 clubs on the same day. And subsequently more and more untill your reinforcements arrive, which will be quite late. And you can't attack him because he has BP

2. Farms don't last forever.
    Either they delete intentionally, get deleted for inactivity, or they just cranny up, you'll find that your project gets stalled. Then you have a new problem, the small players form alliances and start coordinating defense. Or even worse, they start to attack u. It happened to me. There were at least 12 players sending at least 1 attack each per day. I couldn't do anything because there was a war going on in the middle of the map. I needed resources and troops for my first village. And even if i could spare some for my "leech" village, it takes days to get resource or troops there. Rather futile. And that teuton got cats and it was game over.

3. There are other players in between.
    There are always players who registered after you and spawned in a zone that is in between your first village and your "leech" village. These players may have less pop or villages that you, but they are developed enough to have a decent army that can give your leech village a nightmare.

Conclusion:
    It really depends on the individual. Leeching is not guaranteed success. It can fail miserably. And settling a village in the outer ring doesn't change the dynamic all that much for the newly registered players. There is always a bigger player nearby who is not a "leech". So the drill is the same, cranny up before BP ends, grow your pop, and try to get into a decent alliance for protection.
    In my opinion, players who register on hour 0 have the biggest struggle ahead of them. Players who register 1-3 days after start generally do better if they are active. After 3 day you tend to get less active new players. So if you plant your leech village in the middle of 14 day post start villages, they are going to be extremely new players and you are going to be feeding it with 300 pop village. If you cant get the upper hand in that environment you are not very good or not very active. You should also grab a cropper that is far enough ahead of the advancing new players so that by the time they reach where you are, you are ready for them.

I think the failure points of a leech village are you are spreading yourself thin and you now have 2 areas you have to dominate instead of one if you stayed closer to your primary. I think if you want to continue your farming, you have to continue to make leech villages.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickNick73 View Post
    In my opinion, players who register on hour 0 have the biggest struggle ahead of them. Players who register 1-3 days after start generally do better if they are active. After 3 day you tend to get less active new players. So if you plant your leech village in the middle of 14 day post start villages, they are going to be extremely new players and you are going to be feeding it with 300 pop village. If you cant get the upper hand in that environment you are not very good or not very active. You should also grab a cropper that is far enough ahead of the advancing new players so that by the time they reach where you are, you are ready for them.

I think the failure points of a leech village are you are spreading yourself thin and you now have 2 areas you have to dominate instead of one if you stayed closer to your primary. I think if you want to continue your farming, you have to continue to make leech villages.
    You could also make new farms by catapaulting the main buildings and troop production facilitied of nearer villages, thereby saving the trouble, or just make new villages for the extra production!

My new dragon, click or he will bite you!

Pikeman

yeah you should make more villages

Is this in the right section?

Muser 4 lyf

Quote Originally Posted by DFBATTLER View Post
    It was started as a grump/ conversation about noob leaching, so yes this is the right section

My new dragon, click or he will bite you!

Erica

Quote Originally Posted by DFBATTLER View Post
    rofl! yes Illya, yes it is.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345