Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So are WAR-FWH winners, or are LONERSthe only winners?

Guardsman

Thetan, just because you are ignorant to certain facts does not mean that what you say is correct. Loner did damage a WW. SOB's. Two of our armies caused damage to his GW's that put him 18 hours behind. Guess what? we are about 18 hours in front.

Your insistence that Loner did nothing during endgame is also incorrect. We spent the last three weeks killing as many Rangers army villages as we could. We took out several armies that could have easily damaged a WW.

I was expecting this kind of attitude from some people from Rangers faction but so far they have all mainly been respectful and graceful in defeat. I am guessing that is because they took the brunt of our attacks and were aware of exactly what we had done.

@ carmichael - The diplomatic bridges that we have now were built back when we were Elements.

Can I send defense to Twyst so that we can call this a WaR + Loner + ILoveLamp win? That would be great. That is all you have to do for a win, right?

Seriously though. . . Here's my opinion. .

WaR never planned on Loner having the winning WW. They couldn't have. Loner did the unexpected. After the Ranger WW's and the WaR WW's were hurt though, what better to do than to help out a good ally. Does this techinically make it a WaR win? Well, without WaR, would it have been possible? Personally, I think the major part of the win goes to Loner. They're the best group of players I've ever played against in Travian. Of course they're going to be courteous and pass along the victor to their friends because without them, they couldn't have had it.

In summary, Loner wins the game with strategy. WaR kept the victory from ART.
    Romulus' Troop Movements: (did I get a WW or something?)
    Arriving attacking Troops» 35 Attacks in x hrs
    Arriving reinforcing troops» 696 Reinf. in x hrs
    Own attacking troops« 1 Attack in x hrs

Thorned Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveLamp View Post
    Can I send defense to Twyst so that we can call this a WaR + Loner + ILoveLamp win? That would be great. That is all you have to do for a win, right?

Seriously though. . . Here's my opinion. .

WaR never planned on Loner having the winning WW. They couldn't have. Loner did the unexpected. After the Ranger WW's and the WaR WW's were hurt though, what better to do than to help out a good ally. Does this techinically make it a WaR win? Well, without WaR, would it have been possible? Personally, I think the major part of the win goes to Loner. They're the best group of players I've ever played against in Travian. Of course they're going to be courteous and pass along the victor to their friends because without them, they couldn't have had it.

In summary, Loner wins the game with strategy. WaR kept the victory from ART.
    ceacer covers her ears and sings "la la la la la la la"

Thorned Warrior

I consider this is a victory for myself and my wing. The rest of war can interpret it for themselves. There are a couple of reasons for this:

(1) I fought against Rangers alongside Loner for months to clear the area out around the future WW site. Now, we didn't know that a WW was there - we were just clearing the y-axis of our enemy while Loner cleared the deeper area. However, had we not done that, a number of very aggressive and strong players from Rangers would have been in the area when the WW village popped up and I honestly do not know if Loner would have been able to take and hold the village had we not done that. Teletubbies, in particular, was very close (within a few squares) to the site, and left Rangers after we fought dark_man and then deleted after his hammer died at one of our villages.

(2) After watching the endgame unfold, I learned a number of lessons, one of which is: you cannot determine which of your WW's win, you can only decide how much it will cost the enemy. If the enemy wants to knock out a WW, they can, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. All you can do is pump defense and make it so it takes an extra hammer or two to accomplish that. Now, that doesn't help the WW you're defending, but it does help the other WW's in your group. Thus, for me, it has to be a group win or a group loss. My group was assigned to bibii - by pumping him full of defense, we were unable to stop the enemy from damaging him. However, we made them send a ton of armies, and that meant there were fewer armies to send at other allied WW's. When you working hard helps your buddies, that's the definition of teamwork for me. I just can't see it as anything other than you win or lose as a team.

(3) Out of all the wings in the WaR/Loner/Unite confed, the only wing I worked more closely with than Loner was WaR-FwH11. My group's armies ran round the clock to clear the Ranger supply villages around 43|80. When Loner villages needed defense, I pulled it out of my own villages that were under attack to get it to them. When I needed help, Loner troops were in my villages almost as fast as troops from my own wing. When we needed help killing something, twyst and virthkinis were the first guys I messaged. That, to me, is the definition of a team.

From my point of view.At start of ww race ,there's only two possible way of winning for this server.

ATCK/RANGER or WAR-FWH/Loner

So the result is WAR-FWH/Loner won and ATCK/RANGER lose.

Especially when TwysT,winner, also agree it.

I understand totally what you are saying, LFK. We all knew that Loner and WaR had been helping each other for a while (January I believe). However, the vibe I picked up on (and others have picked up) during endgame is that WaR WW's were mostly looked out for and planned for from the beginning. Loner did their own planning for theirs.

Unless WaR planned from the beginning that they were going to push Loner's up, I don't think you can take 100% credit for the win as a meta.

I really don't want to take away from you (WaR) but I'm just looking at this logically. It doesn't make sense. You did your own thing for endgame. Loner did their own thing for endgame which proved to be the right thing. Just because you were long time friends and jumped on their "WW bandwagon" at the end doesn't make it a win in my book. Had you supplied it, helped with infrastructure, and built it from the beginning, it's a different story. Now. . that last statement. . Please don't respond with "well, I sent resources in the first month" and "ohhhh yeah, this one guy in my wing reinforced it". Not interested. What I'm pointing out is that the main emphasis was on your WW's. Your focus was shifted to Loner's WW at the end of the game, not at the beginning. You focus was only shifted when you realized you didn't have a chance. Once both the Ranger and the Loner WW's were ahead of you, you had a choice to make (an easy choice). Had you helped from the get-go, it's a totally different story.

Axerider

What happened to good ol 'Congratulations on your win. Well played'?
    Rather than 'We lost but you lost too because you win 30%. And you win 70%. And you, because the winner was part of your alliance when the server kicked off, win 10%'.

The server is about to end in a few minutes. Head high, chin up and say all the right things.
    Then bring all your a**es over to the next server so we can do it all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eospherus View Post
    What happened to good ol 'Congratulations on your win. Well played'?
    Rather than 'We lost but you lost too because you win 30%. And you win 70%. And you, because the winner was part of your alliance when the server kicked off, win 10%'.

The server is about to end in a few minutes. Head high, chin up and say all the right things.
    Then bring all your a**es over to the next server so we can do it all over again.
    Just answering the questions. I still congratulate everyone. Even the ones on the losing side (like me). I'm sure some WaR members feel the same way I do but just aren't going to speak up (why would they?). I'm sure they got some satisfaction out of Rangers not winning. Period. That's a win in itself for them and something to congratulate them on.

Axerider

So you going for another reset?

Thorned Warrior

I see what you're saying ILL, but that's not at all how I approach it. You know why? My wing didn't send a single soldier or resource to wesley, zmago, or angus. And we didn't send anything to waggy until after bibii was hit. But that doesn't mean we didn't contribute to them, because our mere existence contributed to them. You defend the guy who is close to you simply because its easier to get troops and merchants to them than to the guy far away. Its the same way that ATCK merchants weren't making 48 hour round trip journey's to d-unit's WW when they could send to kroegan or charles or whatever. It would be just insane to ask it to be otherwise.

In the end, it comes down to there being a list of enemy armies. As the armies are used, you get closer to the end and whatever is left standing when the list is empty is what you go with. Since we can't control where the armies go, we can't control what WW is the most ahead when they're used up. All we can control is how fast that list has to be used up in order to knock a WW back, and hope that the list is too short to accomplish what needs to be done. So for me, its a no brainer - you win as a team or you lose as a team.

Edited to add: I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with discussing whether or not this was a win for WaR as ILL and peter are doing. Reasonable people can disagree and I don't think it reflects poorly on them at all. There's a clear difference between what they're doing and the poor sportsmanship of people like thetan and wiggy.
    Last edited by LonelyFatKid; 06.07.2009 at 16:48.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast