Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: travel time calculation problem

Quote Originally Posted by madox View Post
    I wouldn't be MH even if they paid me... real money. That's the shitty job, I mean real shitty. Imagine reading igms from cheaters crying "I buy gold", "I'm a client" and not being able to reply "STFU" or "If you are too unskilled you have to use gold and cheat, it's not my fault".

As I said, your ping isn't important when you can't sync to the split second the server refresh.
    Therefore the way you can dodge within a second troops you didn't have a second before, would be spamming loads and sends with a script every few milliseconds.

And your 2/3 second load and send is irrelevant for this scenario.
    I do not see how it is irrelevant for this scenario....it is EXACTLY what the OP said was done and I did it without a script. I wouldn't have bothered except for the challenge of proving that it could be done without cheating.
    http://www.nanayaanacreations.com

Reading! Stopping ignorance since 2600 BC!!

Guardsman

If you try it with your troops home you don't need server refreshing your troops arriving home.

Do this, send them out and cancel within a minute, take note of their arrival (ie 00:00:01), try load and send the moment troops get home and take note of arrival to target. Then use the travel time calculator to see if you could send them out within a second (ie 00:00:02). Make those troops realistic, with good amount of infantry, cavalry, rams and catas.

Edit: Sorry, within a second would be same time troops returned, 00:00:01 in both.
    Last edited by madox; 27.07.2009 at 22:44.
    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I think that is a nice idea madox
    keep up the good work! ()-

Guardsman

Quote Originally Posted by Clever Boy! View Post
    I think that is a nice idea madox
    keep up the good work! ()-
    It's not like you can practice the technique and get better at it anyways, well maybe just a tiny bit. But when push comes to shove, it all depends on serverlag and lots of luck.
    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

If you try it with your troops home you don't need server refreshing your troops arriving home.

Do this, send them out and cancel within a minute, take note of their arrival (ie 00:00:01), try load and send the moment troops get home and take note of arrival to target. Then use the travel time calculator to see if you could send them out within a second (ie 00:00:02). Make those troops realistic, with good amount of infantry, cavalry, rams and catas.

Edit: Sorry, within a second would be same time troops returned, 00:00:01 in both.
    What made you think I did it with troops at home? I had someone help me...I sent to them (reinforcement, not attack so that no one lost anything, but it's the same thing), had them follow me home (and yes they were set to land one second later), sent my troops back away just as they landed. Any "server refreshing" happened as they would have happened in the OP's scenario.

Guardsman

If you are telling the truth and you pulled it off at your first try, you are vey lucky. Now that you have an easier method, you can try it few times more. Remember, realistic amount of troops is important.

If you are telling the truth and you pulled it off at your first try, you are vey lucky. Now that you have an easier method, you can try it few times more. Remember, realistic amount of troops is important.
    First and foremost: I have no reason to lie. Do not call me a liar.

Second: I am sure that I'm not the only lucky person and this was my first try only because no one ever bothered to (pr could) follow my troops home.

Third: I never said what I sent for troops, so you can not say that it was not a realistic amount.

Guardsman

Now you are overreacting again. I say it's very hard and depends on many external factors and luck, you disagree, we are having a debate.

If I were sure you are lying I would have called you liar already, check my posts, I don't have any problem in telling people what I think. Or even better I would just create an account on server6 and challenge you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123