Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: travel time calculation problem

Pikeman

Arrow travel time calculation problem

Hello,

I asked a Multihunter but I got an unsatisfactory answer that doesn't suit my situation, so I am asking here too:

I was attacked with catas. Distance 1.414, so catas travel time is 00:28:17.
    I was attacked at exactly 17:00:54h.

If made calculations that his troops will arrive back in his village at 17:29:11h.

Imperian travel time for distance 1.414 is 00:12:07, so I made my attack to arrive at 17:29:12h.

I killed his hero, but not the troops.

I find it impossible to move 4 stacks of troops so quickly (he attacked with 4 different stacks of troops), so I asked a MH. He responded:

"Your attack landed on the same second as the troops came home, so the system decided that your attack would happen first and then his troops would arrive."

Which I guess is because the 1 second time the troops stay in the village they attack, but what I don't get is how I killed his hero ??

Does it mean that heroes don't stay 1 second in the attacked village or there is another hidden script in travian?

Thank You,
    tonti.

Guardsman

Did he send his hero on the attack with his catas? It could also be a reinforcement from a friend/teammate.

Pikeman

his attack was with his hero,

when I attacked I killed his hero (even checked it in hero statistics) and I have no doubt about that..

that's why I am so curios how did this happen

Natarian Knight

Quote Originally Posted by tonti View Post
    Hello,

I asked a Multihunter but I got an unsatisfactory answer that doesn't suit my situation, so I am asking here too:

I was attacked with catas. Distance 1.414, so catas travel time is 00:28:17.
    I was attacked at exactly 17:00:54h.

If made calculations that his troops will arrive back in his village at 17:29:11h.

Imperian travel time for distance 1.414 is 00:12:07, so I made my attack to arrive at 17:29:12h.

I killed his hero, but not the troops.

I find it impossible to move 4 stacks of troops so quickly (he attacked with 4 different stacks of troops), so I asked a MH. He responded:

"Your attack landed on the same second as the troops came home, so the system decided that your attack would happen first and then his troops would arrive."

Which I guess is because the 1 second time the troops stay in the village they attack, but what I don't get is how I killed his hero ??

Does it mean that heroes don't stay 1 second in the attacked village or there is another hidden script in travian?

Thank You,
    tonti.
    his attack was with his hero,

when I attacked I killed his hero (even checked it in hero statistics) and I have no doubt about that..

that's why I am so curios how did this happen
    I think your MH is wrong.

If your attack landed on the same second as his returning troops and you sent your troops after his troops began their return journey then your troops should land immediately after his troops because for each second there is an 'event-queue' and each event joins the queue in the order in which the instruction was made.

The only possibility I can come up with is that his timing on the click is just as good as yours (which, by the way must be excellent). I believe he must have set up two browser windows one to watch for the incoming troops on the rally point and one with a 'send troops' page already set to send out all his troops with the exception of his hero (for some reason when your hero is not in the village there is no box to enter him on the 'send troops' page despite the fact that for all other troops, even those that you don't have any of, there is greyed out box). When the clock counted down to zero he clicked his second 'ok' to send the troops leaving the village empty but for the hero when you hit. I confess this doesn't quite fit with the event queue theory so it may not hold water but I can't see how else it might have happened.

Edit : have you asked the other guy how he did it?

Quote Originally Posted by stoic phil View Post
    I think your MH is wrong.

If your attack landed on the same second as his returning troops and you sent your troops after his troops began their return journey then your troops should land immediately after his troops because for each second there is an 'event-queue' and each event joins the queue in the order in which the instruction was made.

The only possibility I can come up with is that his timing on the click is just as good as yours (which, by the way must be excellent). I believe he must have set up two browser windows one to watch for the incoming troops on the rally point and one with a 'send troops' page already set to send out all his troops with the exception of his hero (for some reason when your hero is not in the village there is no box to enter him on the 'send troops' page despite the fact that for all other troops, even those that you don't have any of, there is greyed out box). When the clock counted down to zero he clicked his second 'ok' to send the troops leaving the village empty but for the hero when you hit. I confess this doesn't quite fit with the event queue theory so it may not hold water but I can't see how else it might have happened.

He did say that the other guy was landing at whatevertime and 11 seconds...and that he would attack at whatevertime and 12 seconds....there was a split second for him to send away his troops before the attack landed. It is hard to do, but possible if he's watching and ready. The hero probably was accidentally left due to him just forgetting to send it.
    http://www.nanayaanacreations.com

Reading! Stopping ignorance since 2600 BC!!

Guardsman

Quote Originally Posted by Marishka View Post
    He did say that the other guy was landing at whatevertime and 11 seconds...and that he would attack at whatevertime and 12 seconds....there was a split second for him to send away his troops before the attack landed. It is hard to do, but possible if he's watching and ready. The hero probably was accidentally left due to him just forgetting to send it.
    There would be no box in the rally point to send the hero, which is why it'd have been left at home, so Stoic Phil is right. The defender was very precise and has almost no lag to pull off these types of dodges.

Pikeman

Quote Originally Posted by stoic phil View Post
    Yep, and I was told that:
    Well, a magician never tells. Sorry

Well before the reinforcements arrive you can't click them on the send troops screen,

so when they arrive to send them you must:

1) click refresh
    2) click 4 times the links for maximum troops (he was using 4 stacks)
    3) click ok
    4) wait a new page to load
    5) click ok again to confirm.

How does it happen for 1 second

Is it possible to make the upper 5 actions actually before sending your troops away, leave the window alone, and than the second they arive to only execute #5 to confirm?
    If possible (very very theoretically) why wouldn't he send his hero too, it's so expensive and slow to revive it...

I just don't get it- how travian script works

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by russ18uk View Post
    There would be no box in the rally point to send the hero, which is why it'd have been left at home, so Stoic Phil is right. The defender was very precise and has almost no lag to pull off these types of dodges.
    Well yes there is no box for the hero, but note that the troops are gray and can't be selected too before they arrive, so it brings actions #1-5
    Last edited by tonti; 27.07.2009 at 15:14.

Well before the reinforcements arrive you can't click them on the send troops screen,

1) click refresh
    3) click ok

Is it possible to make the upper 5 actions actually before sending your troops away, leave the window alone, and than the second they arive to only execute #5 to confirm?
    If possible (very very theoretically) why wouldn't he send his hero too, it's so expensive and slow to revive it...

edit:

Well yes there is no box for the hero, but note that the troops are gray and can't be selected too before they arrive, so it brings actions #1-5

You can't CLICK them, but you CAN type the amount in without the troops being there...If he knows what troops are coming in and types the numbers in, he can click send in that split second before the attack lands.
    http://www.nanayaanacreations.com

Reading! Stopping ignorance since 2600 BC!!

Pikeman

You can't CLICK them, but you CAN type the amount in without the troops being there...If he knows what troops are coming in and types the numbers in, he can click send in that split second before the attack lands.
    Ok lets asume that it's the best scenario and he actually did that- this leaves us with steps #3-5
    3) click ok

How possible is within 1 second to do this?

edit:
    Just clicking one ok takes 1 second
    Last edited by tonti; 27.07.2009 at 15:37.

Natarian Knight

1) click refresh
    3) click ok

I just don't get it- how travian script works

edit:

Exactly. As Marishka says you can type whatever number you want into the greyed out box you then have that 1 second to click the ok twice to get your guys away. The only troop you can't do this for is the hero because, for whatever reason, there is no hero box on the screen when there's no hero in the village.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast