Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Inside of the WW

Quote Originally Posted by Buruan View Post
    Thanks everyone, helpers and opponents.
    I was sitting the AIM WW and it was a blast.

Here some pics from the inside :

http://buruan.com/WWInside.JPG
    http://buruan.com/WWReins.JPG
    http://buruan.com/Victory.JPG

Youtube Link to the final seconds :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO3rlSb5H2M
    This looks shyte ill have to rework this a bit for better visibility

Ill sort out some Battle reports as well.

See you all next round. Ill be there.
    thanks for this...^_^
    Been asking aim to have a picture of it...
    He did mention you will make a movie about his WW...

thanks a lot..

^_^jmv

Pikeman

Unfortunately you cant change passwords anymore, otherwise id have made my account pwd public.

We had major scary moments, one was Kanzyanis attack, where we werent sure if he hits our or neo's WW.

Then another attacker sent an army that was large enough to make a dent, but UA came through with zero popping the town before he got to us.

Thanks UA for that.

We got the warning sign to expand cropland before we could queue lvl 100, but luckily knocking down 3 levels of a warehouse could solve this as well.

In case anyone is interested, we had a EXcel sheet with Macro that would calculate all incoming crop deliveries and show when you will have starvation, with that in hand we could communicate to the Alliance when we needed extra shipments.

We had very little starvation up until the point when we took the lead and the entire meta started sending reins.

What a blast this has been, but never again WW sitting for me

First, thanks a million for posting this! Very interesting, including the movie - though the win was extremely anti-climactic. I expected huge fireworks at least, but there wasn't even a message confirming that it happened. The attacks are gone, and that's pretty much all that changed. I must say, given all that it takes to make it happen, that's rather disappointing. Travian crew, step it up!

A few questions and comments:
    What are the buildings behind the WW? The one on the right looks like a grain mill, but I can't tell what's on the left.

Is that really all the infrastructure you needed to reach L100? I always imagined that you'd have to have something like 9 maxed out GWs and 5 L20 GGs, or something like that. I don't know whether to be disappointed that it doesn't take more, or impressed that you did it with what seems like so little! Kudos on not overbuilding, at least, since time is of the essence.

The defense seems...minimal for a WW, but I admit ignorance in this area, having never had access to a WW directly. I can recall a video on youtube, though, where it seemed that there were four times as many praetorians alone as the total crop consumption (normal, not halved) of all the troops shown here. Any chance any of the other WW holders can post their defenses here to see the differences? I'd be curious to know which one did get the largest defense.

Pikeman

Yeah it is a bit dissapointing.
    You get more fireworks from finishing the beginner questline.....

To the right is indeed a Grain Mill, you get more bang for the buck with a grain mill at some point as the first few levels build extremely quickly. Upgrading a Crop field would have been ~1:30 while the first 3 levels of the GM are somthing like 10 / 20 / 30 minutes respectively.

To the left is a standard Warehouse, we inherited that from the Natars and had to knock it down a few levels (see my prior post)

The last level of the WW is 1mio each for each resource and 193k crop, so that is the minimum of storage you need to provide.

None of us had any experience in building WW's so we sought advise from Neo, who in turn i think got his advise from JD, and he told us to build multiple smaller GW's in paralell after the first one is at 20, that gives a faster recovery rate should one get knocked down, though I do think building 4 20s is faster initially to get to 1mio.

I cant speak for the defense, i think the other U-End WW's were similar in defense at least the ones that remained in the race until the end. I did also see that video which about 4 times the defense we had.
    Glad we didnt have or need that many, handling crop was bad enough as is.

Hope that answers your questions.

Yeah it is a bit dissapointing.
    You get more fireworks from finishing the beginner questline.....

To the left is a standard Warehouse, we inherited that from the Natars and had to knock it down a few levels (see my prior post)
    So you had 2 standard warehouses there? I am talking about the L7 building hidden behind the WW. But if you could reach L100 with so many un-maxed GWs, why not 2 regular? But I didn't follow your comment about knocking down 3 levels to solve the "expand cropland" problem.

None of us had any experience in building WW's so we sought advise from Neo, who in turn i think got his advise from JD, and he told us to build multiple smaller GW's in paralell after the first one is at 20, that gives a faster recovery rate should one get knocked down, though I do think building 4 20s is faster initially to get to 1mio.

I cant speak for the defense, i think the other U-End WW's were similar in defense at least the ones that remained in the race until the end. I did also see that video which about 4 times the defense we had.
    Glad we didnt have or need that many, handling crop was bad enough as is.

Hope that answers your questions.
    Creative strategy - balancing build time vs. potential losses (in time) to attacks. I will say that I'm impressed if you managed to avoid starvation. In the abstract, that just seems impossible.

Oh, and the video I saw showed 4x that total defense in PRAETS ONLY. Check here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1nz5pUnJ_4 at 2:19.

Pikeman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Summer Camp View Post
    So you had 2 standard warehouses there? I am talking about the L7 building hidden behind the WW. But if you could reach L100 with so many un-maxed GWs, why not 2 regular? But I didn't follow your comment about knocking down 3 levels to solve the "expand cropland" problem.
    When we took the village it had one lvl20 and one lvl10 Warehouse.
    The lvl10 we had to tear down by three levels.
    Just as in "normal" villages you reach a point when you cant build anything unless you raise your croplands first. The message is something like "Lack of Food : Build Croplands first".
    We had that several times during the build process and got it again after lvl98 was finished, so we could either queue a crop land/grain mill, or try to get the requirements by knocking down buildings.
    The latter being the better choice as otherwise we would have been vulnerable to attacks on the GW for another 13h (build time for lvl99), luckily after 3 levels of Warehouse we could finally queue lvl 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Summer Camp View Post
    Creative strategy - balancing build time vs. potential losses (in time) to attacks. I will say that I'm impressed if you managed to avoid starvation. In the abstract, that just seems impossible.
    We did have starvation, its impossible to avoid, all we could do is keep the losses at a minimum.
    With consumption at 1.3mio per hour and the granaries holding 350k max, there is really not much marging for error.

I watched the video and I find these numbers questionable, probably an edited screenshot.
    But the veterans here may know this better than I do.
    I mean we are talking about 10mio/h consumption here. May be on older server or speed rules, but I cant see this happening on a server like the one we just finished.

Thorned Warrior

I watched the video and I find these numbers questionable, probably an edited screen shot.
    But the veterans here may know this better than I do.
    I mean we are talking about 10mio/h consumption here. May be on older server or speed rules, but I cant see this happening on a server like the one we just finished.
    Those numbers are most likely from a speed server.

I am just guessing here.. but in servers where there is alot more competition in end-game.. you would likely need to have a better developed village with greater granary capacity in order to be the winning WW. By the time the aim WW was above 95 there were no enemy hammers left... and any decent WW army could have destroyed GW's with that defense.

Axerider

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    Those numbers are most likely from a speed server.

I am just guessing here.. but in servers where there is alot more competition in end-game.. you would likely need to have a better developed village with greater granary capacity in order to be the winning WW. By the time the aim WW was above 95 there were no enemy hammers left... and any decent WW army could have destroyed GW's with that defense.
    If you all wanna see speed server endgame. This is one of the blog I made in comx http://pandacomx.blogspot.com/ Look on the side, I posted video for the last rounds or this links http://pandacomx.blogspot.com/search/label/Video ... There was one round in comx that has 78 Million negative crop per hour in the WW village. The last round, we have only around 4M.

Thats true! there is no more big hammer from the opposition left that can knock down to any of aim infrastructure. Just think how big is the meta agaisnt U-End meta.

The EG alliance was working with UA before (sometime in the midgame) but we does not know how UA and Arm are closely related. This is the first round for EG alliance and had no idea the diplomatic relationship in between. This is what they said, EG will fight Arm which we did and UA will finish EG.. It became true. UA destroyed our hammers during endgame time, some of the village were chiefted or completely destroyed(if it is capital). Even we hide it to the other villages or other acc which build only defense and defense unit sent to the WW village already. Still, we did not escape it.

We took all our loose as an experience and we knew now on how to roll the balls the next round. I was being frustrated the outcome of the game. But we knew from the start that our swords and cavalry are not enough to kill the opposition. This game has full of betrayals, spies, backstabbing.. you name it!!!!

It is common practice to send crop eating troops to enemy WW. The best are those darn scouts. They eat crop and can hide among the others. Heck I think at one time I had 3k scouts at a WW. Never were sent home, but they all had a good time.

Buruan, I see it now. Thanks for sticking with me.

I really don't know about speed servers, so maybe that video - even if accurate - isn't a fair comparison. So I'd ask again any other WW holders to post their defenses. I know for certain that at least one had more, but I don't think it's my place to name it or post the numbers.

krisco, that's a nice strategy, especially if they're Romans or Gauls. Worst defense/crop consumption ratio in the game, but you better make sure they're not upgraded, right? (Or just on offense!) That would also be really useful to gauge the status of the WW defense, too. If you lost 10% of those to the L5 natar attack, you'd know the overall defense is pretty weak. You could also get a sense of their crop problems if you're losing troops without attacks, i.e. to starvation.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast