Thread: A r m o r i c a -> thriving in the SW!

Default A r m o r i c a -> thriving in the SW!

. . . . . . [Chieftain] . . . . . . . . . . [Chieftain] . . . . . . . . . . [Chieftain] . . . . . . . . . . [Chieftain] . . . . . . . . . . [Chieftain] . . . . . . . . . . [Chieftain] . . . . . .

The year is 50 B.C.
    Gaul is entirely occupied by the Romans.

Well, not entirely...one small village of indomitable Gauls still holds out against the invaders. And life is not easy for the Roman legionaries who garrison the fortified camps of Totorum, Aquarium, Laudanum, Compendium, ...

We Gauls fear nought, except that the sky may fall on our heads! Click the link below if you wish to join us at

> > > ARMORICA < < <

you will have to abide by the Alliance Rules below

A R M O R I C A ' S .... G U I D E L I N I X

you are a gaul

you spawned in the SW ( -/- ) of the board

you will settle new villages in the SW ( -/- ) of the board

you are an active player - no yellow dots

only sitters from within the alliance's ranks permitted

you will reset your village names to a name in our Blogix

you will contribute your resources DAILY to alliance defence

all successful applicants contribute to elevating embassy

players who wish to join must be approved by majority vote

players will participate in all activities proposed by leadership

. . . . . . [Chieftain] . . . . . . . . . . [Chieftain] . . . . . . . . . . [Chieftain] . . . . . . . . . . [Chieftain] . . . . . . . . . . [Chieftain] . . . . . . . . . . [Chieftain] . . . . . .
    Last edited by Sou eu!; 11.11.2009 at 11:11.

Default Thats Nuts!!!

Cool idea, but nuts!!! Also remember that The gauls eventually did fall completely to the Roman invaders, the Britons put up a better fight but sucumbed anyway, leaving the romans fighting the inhabitants of Scotland for a long time until the German Tribes began invading near the end of roman domain. Sorry, history critic here.

I predict the following. Gauls rule, Romans Conquer Gauls, Teutons conquer Romans.

No, now back to Travian, You cant win any server by being just Gaul's. Not done, Mixes of all win.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Tayra View Post
    Cool idea, but nuts!!! ... You cant win any server by being just Gaul's. Not done...
    Thanks for your comments Lone Tayra.

As we are fearless [Chieftain]s we are going to try and prove otherwise, or have a lot of fun in the process
    [Praetorian]
    Gladius Primus on all servers played since late 2008. Catch me on now COMX and ZA1

Gauls have speed I'll give you that. But with the HDT inplace, Roman Cavalry pwns TTs and haeds real bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Irony is sweet nectar dripping from the fruit of revenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tschena View Post
    Travian is sexist- I have boys in my crew to be my sex slaves

Default Uhu

Quote Originally Posted by Photon7908 View Post
    Gauls have speed I'll give you that. But with the HDT inplace, Roman Cavalry pwns TTs and haeds real bad.
    Haeduans rock in a head to head matchup with E.C's Fool around with the battle calculator a bit and you will see what I mean.

However, Gauls can be played offensively but its the rare gaul player that suceeds early in the game with this kind of approach. Most dont reach TT's at any great speed.

Wish you luck, we will watch and see how it goes

Yeah, wait till the first teut with a hammer comes along. Fake here, fake there, carve thru pieces of your phalanx defense at a time while s/he replaces everything he lost by the time it gets back. Sorry, ain't gonna work.

Thorned Warrior

i forsee a few problems with what you prapose 1st i've seen a few of your players that aint guals so one of your very first rules you guys break yourselfs not very good when you break the rule you set-up
    i'm on every server but 2 if anybody wants to join up or wants me to join them send me a message not hard to figure out which towns are mine

Quote Originally Posted by ice1 View Post
    i forsee a few problems with what you prapose 1st i've seen a few of your players that aint guals so one of your very first rules you guys break yourselfs not very good when you break the rule you set-up
    Sorry ice1. My heart skipped a beat there for a moment, but I went and checked...and all our warriors are 100% gaul
    [Praetorian]
    Gladius Primus on all servers played since late 2008. Catch me on now COMX and ZA1

Default The Fat Lady has Sung

This is possibly my last post on the matter. I'm here to eat humble pie

The Gauls only alliance doesn't work. I am under the impression though that it could work with EXPERIENCED players. Too many players in the alliance aren't active enough. I'm in the process of getting a 4th village, and most are still on their first. They don't have the pop mass required to sustain any large sized army and we are being catapulted as we have failed to carve a niche into the statistics fast enough. As from today we will start recruiting all tribes.
    [Praetorian]