Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: WW Discussions Pt. 3 & Hammer Analysis

Couple of comments -

MFD, and I would assume all the other metas, were carefully thinking through how to present the order of the wonders - some were being held back, some were moved forward in order to force launches. I think our one mistake was to hurry Code forward when he didn't need to be hurried - but I can definitely say that with 20/20 hindsight, I still would not have changed Brit's launch - except maybe to divide the hammers between Code and Lethal (in fact, all of them on Lethal would have been ideal ).

The launch timing was excellent. We were actively coordinating counterstrikes against inbound hammers on Code since we could easily intercept once we identified them. SL is better able to say how close we came to being effective with those. Brit timed the hammers so they were not were not obviously grouped, had fake launches from other potential hammer villages and made the hit time less obvious. While we were able to identify early the correct time the launches could hit, we had a hard time establishing the correct village to hit. Each of these factors resulted in pushing our counterstrike options until they were too late and leaving us unsure of which was the correct target. With hammers inbound, and the uncertainty regarding the timing, our "all in" call was delayed as well and had it been called earlier may have resulted in still more defense.

As far as I'm concerned, it was excellently executed. Just wish the hammers had been aimed elsewhere
    If Elephants Flew, If Whales Walked, If Tigers Tittered...
    And in Travian Men act like Mice and Mice spread their Wings and Fly
    Just dont get under the elephants when the mice go by

Thorned Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Sever View Post
    The Madman Extraodinaire left the server in February or March. One of the victims of the dangerous in-house politics in MNU at the time. I can only imagine how much simpler the server was because of his absence, but he was still sorely missed.
    Was Abu in MNU this time round??

Funny how history is written
    Quote Originally Posted by steindór View Post
    once upon a time MNU had kalki and wsu wings, MNU has just gotten better
    Quote Originally Posted by Biteme View Post
    I feel that they are a bit up the creek without a beer. I love the fact that he left like he did, what a loser. lol.

Thorned Warrior

Just to add to that for the person asking why abu was not around, here are the facts:

Abu joined s6 early on but did not agree with the leadership in place at <MNU, he created a alliance with someone else and got on the MNU forums and MNU skype chatroom.

On the forums he proceeded to state how great he was and somewhere along the lines of "people didnt like my attitude but my attitude got us results" referring to the prior MNU on S6, where anyone present will recall his nonsense attack strategies that played the part in messing up MNUs chances no end.

Now when he started throwing his weight around in MNU chat about how things should be ran it was decided only MNU guys would be on there and on the forums. A pretty standard alliance ruling by anyones standards, if you know an alliance that allows people from outside on their forums / chat, let me know im wrong.

He was not a victim of dangerous politics lol, he was the victim of a no BS policy in place in MNU at the time he was "around"

Sorry to harp on but as youll see often I might state wild opinions I hold, but I dont try and make facts up to suit situations, im entitled to my opinion, a lot of the time it may be crazy lol but this is fact as to what happened with Abu.

Regards.
    I feel that they are a bit up the creek without a beer. I love the fact that he left like he did, what a loser. lol.

awww old good abu
    Was that alliance he made the one Kurt was in?

Thorned Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by geshoo View Post
    awww old good abu
    Was that alliance he made the one Kurt was in?
    It was if I remember correctly, tbh thats irrelevant lol the fact of the matter was he was not in MNU but wanted to call shots in there, the only reason I replied in here was the dangerous politics nonsense that was wrongly stated.

i know its irrelevant bro... just curious

Earlier you referred to me as "the guy who asked about Abu". You remember me, old gespi, from last round right?

Thorned Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by geshoo View Post
    i know its irrelevant bro... just curious

Earlier you referred to me as "the guy who asked about Abu". You remember me, old gespi, from last round right?
    Sorry mate I was a bit sharp on my last comment, just sick of the false histories being banded around this place, and yes your name rings a bell lol

Seems as in reality, in travian the winners write history as they see fit and as suits themselves.

Axerider

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
    just sick of the false histories being banded around this place, and yes your name rings a bell lol

Seems as in reality, in travian the winners write history as they see fit and as suits themselves.
    Merely providing a neutral answer, my good man, out of respect to the long time friendship of an original MNU comrade. You shouldn't be so quick to chide me, BM. Someone may ask "what happened to BigMike" one day...

What can you expect from the servers biggest idiot who is trying to look cool...

CZ
    FUN

Thorned Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Sever View Post
    Merely providing a neutral answer, my good man, out of respect to the long time friendship of an original MNU comrade. You shouldn't be so quick to chide me, BM. Someone may ask "what happened to BigMike" one day...
    I do have respect for you sev, one of the few people I have come across on here that I do I apologise if I caused any offence. Certainly not my intention, nor to look cool was it my intention.

I look cool anyways

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122