Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3.6...

Thorned Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by ~|~ View Post
    The closing of server when mid-game artifacts are released have a huge impact on end-game. The amount of players on server for an end-game is really discouraging. Current s1 has about 3000 players left for end-game and i don't think that number is enough to provide defense fro all 13 WW's thus resulting in rather low defense numbers. An example of attack on a s1 WW : two hammers were used against a WW A rammer and a cata and they managed to get thw WW to level 0 (defender had 5x durability artifact).

Mind you Server 1 end-game started 40 days before its scheduled time because of low numbers. If you can look up on general stats on s2 its on same path as s1. Go figure .....
    I agree completely that the game is changed by the early registration close. Smaller periphery alliances like FUN contributed greatly to the server (I was NE based so don't think I'm tooting my own horn here.)

The architect's artifact does not affect the WW itself, although I believe everything else (wall and great warehouses would be key of course).

Grey

Quote Originally Posted by ~|~ View Post
    The closing of server when mid-game artifacts are released have a huge impact on end-game. The amount of players on server for an end-game is really discouraging. Current s1 has about 3000 players left for end-game and i don't think that number is enough to provide defense fro all 13 WW's thus resulting in rather low defense numbers. An example of attack on a s1 WW : two hammers were used against a WW A rammer and a cata and they managed to get thw WW to level 0 (defender had 5x durability artifact).

Mind you Server 1 end-game started 40 days before its scheduled time because of low numbers. If you can look up on general stats on s2 its on same path as s1. Go figure .....
    Shakal-

Are you talking about TKL's hit? Thats a little misleading.
    A) It was a f***ing big hammer 421K crop army. Any single part of that hammer alone would have registered as a big hammer on this server. 2nd largest hammer I've ever seen (the other is the only hammer I know of that wiped the WW clean of defenders and had survivors). The fact that with that he still didn't get the full report means that there was suffecient defense. No WW is safe from that hammer.
    B) The durability artifact does not affect the WW

I think a bigger problem is the fact that we have 10 servers. When I started 2 years ago s7 was new.

Natarian Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Soepkip View Post
    100 attacks is not only something anoying for the top-raiders, it has quite some impact on destroying villages at all. It means that you can only fake 3/4 villages at a time while you strike another. This will completely eliminate any good quadrant war as you will lose your army quickly(easy to defend) or you cannot do almost any harm to the opponent.

Isishu.

Agreed.
    This means we can only coordinate fakes on only a few guys.

RESULT:
    Armies dead left,right and centre

The whole warring part of the game has been destroyed - the main attraction for a lot of aggressive players is gone, including for myself.

Its now MUCH more useful to just never attack and instead sim WW hammers because defending just got a WHOLE lot more easy.
    (find which players attack together and just defend the few villages and BAM! 400k defense points)

Sim-server ftw.
    Admins sure do suck.

Why the hell cant they just agree to move half the servers to 3.6 and half as they were before?
    s1 [2008] - Trio
    http://www.travian-reports.net/us/ra...p?id=83603544a (1 of my 3 attacks on a WW)

GET THE BNP OUT OF BRITAIN!! SAY NO TO FASCISTS!! SAY NO TO ANOTHER HITL3R!!

-Grey

1) Well my post is not misleading at all. Yes that was a huge hammer but did you notice how many of those 400+ hammers were rolled out against WW's. And not everyone can have 2x troop training artifact can they ? The main point was not huge offense power but insufficient defense on WW's. And with 5x Durability artifact is it atmost pointless to target anything else but WW's, so if i have to deduce anything from that , those 100k-200k hammers will be pretty much useless. That sucks for most of us and even more for non-gold user.

Just a little backtracking on s6 which just finished.
    One WW was out of race from very start (adelwar) and two others joined in same category (Phoca and lubricious). Also i heard bandrit's ww also had less then 200k Defense, Don't know know how much trinity had once he was hit and WW leveled to 0.
    That's 4 WW's out of race. Now you would expect that defenses in other Wonders will be higher then the average they had fro rest of Race. But to the contrary, I think average defenses on each of those was pretty ordinary if not low (Considering that there were 4 WW's totally out of race).

P.S. we had almost 1.5-2k more people on server as compared to s1 (when s6 ended). Lots of people do delete in end-game so that gap will more likely increase. If you put these numbers in context to s1 or any other future server with artifacts we will see even less defense on WW's especially in WW's of alliances like CWL where there were so many offensive armies.
    Last edited by ~|~; 18.12.2009 at 03:00.
    [2010-11]: Shakal (s7)
    [2009]: Shikari (s1)
    [2008-09]: Shakal (s6) CWL ~|~ [2007-08]: Shakal (s1) LF/ONS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12