Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Match Analysis: A simmers perspective

Guardsman

Quote Originally Posted by dangerly View Post
    Really nice analysys. Written by a very competent and dedicated leader.
    Incognito (c0unse1 and Icis) have done a great job throughout the server, togheter with other very competent leaders/players.
    The win has been largely deserved.
    I am glad to be part of PS and also to have played against some really tough players (just to mention one: Ulise).

Have fun playing Travian.
    Cheers to all,

dangerly (of JD1 account)
    Wow... Good to see dangerly posting it here finally. C0unsel, u always do wonders like dangerly posting here

I Would like to thank all in my team along with dangerly, who dualled in JD1 account and really made the game worth all the fun.. All I can say that the best managed team won the server.

Good luck to all players who fought till the end and made the server alive till the last day

Have a nice day!

Cheers, JD! (Dual of dangerly in JD1 account)

HileDule,
    You speak of the problem with leaders disappearing. There are many leadership structures that can be used to limit the impact of missing leaders. However, a second/third/and fourth in command struture is not it. This is a team game and it seems to me the most effective method is to always be looking for and training and cross training leaders to handle needed duties.

When you ask your members to work together, communicate without your direct involvement on things they already know how to do, you give them the permission and confidence to step up and fill the needed positions when RL happens.

Penny - not hiding my ID at all.

Axerider

Quote Originally Posted by Pennyeg View Post
    HileDule,
    You speak of the problem with leaders disappearing. There are many leadership structures that can be used to limit the impact of missing leaders. However, a second/third/and fourth in command struture is not it. This is a team game and it seems to me the most effective method is to always be looking for and training and cross training leaders to handle needed duties.

When you ask your members to work together, communicate without your direct involvement on things they already know how to do, you give them the permission and confidence to step up and fill the needed positions when RL happens.

Penny - not hiding my ID at all.
    Fair point and noted. But by second and third in command, I did not literally mean that we have an organizational setup like General Manager, Deputy General Manager and then Assistant General Manager Nothing of that sort. I was only trying to imply that there should have been immediate and equally effective replacements available

Guardsman

Well Done to all South players, but i wonder what would of happened had incognito and Many Leaders deleted? After they left all offenses on ww's sucked. all tactics failed and no One was willing to take Charge.

Quote Originally Posted by IEatTooMuch View Post
    Well Done to all South players, but i wonder what would of happened had incognito and Many Leaders deleted? After they left all offenses on ww's sucked. all tactics failed and no One was willing to take Charge.
    ...then comes the golden opportunity for The Joker (creed) of SE...he will lead us and we will follow him to conquer villages in the North...mwa ha ha ha...

just kidding... ^^
    http://forum.travian.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=373276&dateline=11895  00325
    first servers s5.com and s6.com 2007-2008 (desolators)
    s1.com 2008 (B-OW); s1.com 2009 (LEGENDS); s7.com 2009 (B-OW)

Don't have an answer to your question.
    Luckily our leaders didn't quit. Maybe they were all sure of what they were doing.
    Don't you agree?

dangerly

... i wonder what would of happened had incognito ... deleted?
    Hell would have frozen over?

Having been in AB's shoes in the past (with respect to a leadership vacuum), I can say that that alone is enough to sink the ship no matter how big and well-endowed. To those who stayed and played, good game and good luck in the future.

Same thing that should have happened in the north:
    Competent leaders would have stepped up to take over (there were a few of us hiding in the south, not really wanting to be in leadership this server, but would have stepped up if asked )

I found this server entertaining. Without the pressure of trying to determine who/what to attack, I was able to kick-back and actually just play my own account (Though, I seemed to spend more time on the account that we sat rather than our own, but that's something to yell at my dual over )

Much less stressful than being in leadership, if I do say so myself

Enjoy
    Chief
    I found this on YOUR computer:

Grey hair is hereditary... You get it from your children!

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefOdie View Post
    I often feel more like a bouncer than anything else. Trying to head off hot-tempers (without banning people right and left) is as much of an art form as a skill...

Thorned Warrior

If Incognito had deleted, nothing would have changed really. It would have taken a mass deletion of ALL the leaders in the South to really have changed the results...

lol i didnt read all of it.. but i read a bit and i have to say this is a nice post counsel.. your arguement is perfect besides the fact theres a few inside things that you didnt mention or didnt know that slightly scews your arguement to be just as false as anyone else whoever posted here, including myself.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast