Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Alliance Analysis (12.04.2010)

What about the greek alliances?

Thorned Warrior

Thumbs up

Cover also U ,PFF..........

nice take on dacia. i like the no WW but can take down any WW thingy you mentioned about 30dom on ukx - though i dont play there.

though karma placed it nicely, they are just 30 strong among the multitude of speed players. high kill / player ratio. i like that stat - lol.

Will you do the 300-RO alliance. I heard they are going to be a real force in the NE. Can anyone give some information.

Thanks for all the work/time you put into these analysis. So far, in my opinion, you have objectively and unbiasedly done some great work and hit each alliance on the nail.

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant View Post
    Will you do the 300-RO alliance. I heard they are going to be a real force in the NE. Can anyone give some information.

Thanks for all the work/time you put into these analysis. So far, in my opinion, you have objectively and unbiasedly done some great work and hit each alliance on the nail.
    Thanks, the praise is greatly appreciated, I also quite enjoy doing them, they allow me to time to really think what I would do in their situations.

Guardsman

Quote Originally Posted by jeno View Post
    oh dacia's still there, and they are still good. problem is they are just few - none of the good old dacia days player played again. further, it appears they are very selective and dont get new players in. it's like a closed club, you must know someone to get-in. i think that is ok for them since i believe they're just in for nice battles, great kicks - not total domination or something. 1:1, i would not take any dacia player . . . maybe 10:1, i will have a good chance - lol. - just my little nooby opinion.
    I wouldnt talk about something you dont know. If you think none of the old dacia are here. You are horribly wrong. The majority of Dacia is nothing but old players who have been in Dacia before.

Guardsman

Quote Originally Posted by Steve10 View Post

As I just mentioned there wasn't too much I liked about the alliance however there is a large amount that needs to be done to improved about the alliance and an ever more gigantic that should be done if it wants to achieve it's potential. My personal choice would be to turn it into an elite, highly centralised alliance rather than a large multi-winged alliance like many of the other powers this server. The best way to achieve this would to first be to cut the deadwood, everyone not in the Southwest goes, regardless of size or troop numbers, if you must then arrange for them to be taken into a confederation. Then get rid of every single member which has a troop to ratio of below 100% (normally I'd do 200% but with current members might be very hard), once you've done this. Once you've done this to all the wings you should be easily able to fit all the members into the one main wing which should be polling easily near the very top of the offence & defence charts for the entire every week. If you're seen to be doing this successfully efforts to recruit the best members in those areas will be a lot easier, whether they are interested in being part of the strongest alliance or if they believe they could come under attack if they reject the idea (much as I don't condone it in any way , blackmail works). At the same time as the above you need to boost communication between leaders and members and members and members, whether you do this using things like Skype, IGM, Forums or Trooptool (which has numerous added benefits) is your choice but it is essential if you want members to feel like things are organised and that they are welcomed in the alliance. Then although they might find it hard later in the game to support their own World Wonder they would have the troops and skills to be able to determine who wins the server (as shown by 30DOM who (on UKx) don't take their own WW but nearly always have the ability to take down the WW of any alliance they don't want to win).

My Rating:

You have obviously never played comx before. We dont have everyone in one alliance because we dont have super high level embassies. (Our embassy is only lvl 11). The majority of our players have played together on previous rounds. Most of us have skype. Communication and teamwork is something that Dacia will never lack.

PS:30DOM did take WWs and had almost no effect on the last endgame. They are just a hyped up group that pretty much controls the ukx forums...

The main Dacia wing is well coordinated mainly because its a lot of close friends playing together. However, the analysis speaks more about the coordination between all wings. Dacia main wing is doing well, but the other wings are lacking which is shown by all ranking (not just pop). I agree that if Dacia really wants to be a force, their wings need to be consolidated and the outlier players should be kicked. They will also need to confed with the right alliances or else they are going to be outnumbered like two rounds ago.

Guardsman

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant View Post
    The main Dacia wing is well coordinated mainly because its a lot of close friends playing together. However, the analysis speaks more about the coordination between all wings. Dacia main wing is doing well, but the other wings are lacking which is shown by all ranking (not just pop). I agree that if Dacia really wants to be a force, their wings need to be consolidated and the outlier players should be kicked. They will also need to confed with the right alliances or else they are going to be outnumbered like two rounds ago.
    The only problem is that two rounds ago was tons of fun. If we can have that kind of fun again i dont think we will care how it goes. (or atleast i wont)

Axerider

Quote Originally Posted by Steve10 View Post
    Dacia & Tracia:

Overview:

Following my original plan of how I was going to do the alliance analysis Dacia & Tracia near the end after I had covered most of the other bigger alliances. However I think they are an interesting case and I've decided to do them right now.

Dacia is made up of two biggish wings and a minor wing, these are, Dacia, Tracia and Schytia. The main wing is currently at rank 23 population wise, 11th highest offence and 25th highest defence rank. However the second wing (Tracia) is only 42nd population wise, 41st defence wise and a pretty meagre 43rd offence position. The third wing isn't really even worth mentioning in my opinion. For an alliance which was tipped to become the strongest, and most elite alliance on the server it seems like they really haven't lived up to that goal (unlike the UK alliance 30DOM which since the second speed server has consistently shown itself as a very well coordinated, elite alliance which can muster 100,000s of troops for offences while having very few players). Anyway, here is the current member layout for the Dacia & Tracia alliance:

Alliance Member Locations

What I Like:

I hate to say this about alliance and in fact I don't believe in all the time that I've written alliance analysis (on other domains) I find it very hard to find anything I truly like or find truly amazing about this alliance. The only thing that kind of hints to what they could be is their pretty good overall offence rank which for a place 23 alliance is pretty good, as well as their current defence rank for the week which I believe is 2nd. If they can capitalise on their current position and get a top 3 defence medal for this week I think it could be a very good rallying point for the alliance.

What I Would Do:

As I just mentioned there wasn't too much I liked about the alliance however there is a large amount that needs to be done to improved about the alliance and an ever more gigantic that should be done if it wants to achieve it's potential. My personal choice would be to turn it into an elite, highly centralised alliance rather than a large multi-winged alliance like many of the other powers this server. The best way to achieve this would to first be to cut the deadwood, everyone not in the Southwest goes, regardless of size or troop numbers, if you must then arrange for them to be taken into a confederation. Then get rid of every single member which has a troop to ratio of below 100% (normally I'd do 200% but with current members might be very hard), once you've done this. Once you've done this to all the wings you should be easily able to fit all the members into the one main wing which should be polling easily near the very top of the offence & defence charts for the entire every week. If you're seen to be doing this successfully efforts to recruit the best members in those areas will be a lot easier, whether they are interested in being part of the strongest alliance or if they believe they could come under attack if they reject the idea (much as I don't condone it in any way , blackmail works). At the same time as the above you need to boost communication between leaders and members and members and members, whether you do this using things like Skype, IGM, Forums or Trooptool (which has numerous added benefits) is your choice but it is essential if you want members to feel like things are organised and that they are welcomed in the alliance. Then although they might find it hard later in the game to support their own World Wonder they would have the troops and skills to be able to determine who wins the server (as shown by 30DOM who (on UKx) don't take their own WW but nearly always have the ability to take down the WW of any alliance they don't want to win).

My Rating:

Dacia's Classy. They don't just let any old simmer in. They trade quantity for quality, which makes them an exciting team to play for, but one that usually does not have a chance at the endgame because they are too busy smashing stuff and having fun, playing the game as it should be played

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast