Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: De-throne Quietmonk!

Thorned Warrior

Default The Blues Show Award goes to...

Quote Originally Posted by mwood View Post
    Indy/David/Quietmonk - rush limbaugh
    You - late Sunday night local AM radio
    The problem is you're irrelevant. I guess I wouldn't say it's a problem. The fact is you're irrelevant.
    I'm irrelevant but you keep replying, Woody.

It's OK. I still like you.

So is that an award? There is a late night AM Sunday Blues hour around here.

OK, then. The Blues Show award for more those unhappy this server ended without massive combat, including myself.

Who wins it?

DM

Thorned Warrior

Default MAJ Bummer II

Quote Originally Posted by Inocka View Post
    you are CF copycat, not thunder...the guy who started that Aprils fools thins was probably the loudest CF poster there is
    No way. I thought that was all you! That was super cool.

DM

Thorned Warrior

you are CF copycat, not thunder...the guy who started that Aprils fools thins was probably the loudest CF poster there is
    Great... That's worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Matters View Post
    No way. I thought that was all you! That was super cool.

DM
    awwww....im loving the sarcasm...where were you all this time, you would have made this forum a lot more interesting
    Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.

Quote Originally Posted by tomycs View Post

PS2 for the mods: I know the threads of an ending server begin to disappear one after the other until the new server re-spawns with a clean forum. However some of my old bookmarked threads from ended servers (like last us I still managed to access even after they disappeared from the forum, where are they getting moved since they seemingly don't get deleted?
    They go into an archive but as far as I know here once the threads are moved there links to them don't work...I could be wrong though. Never tried before I was mod ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    She is a cat, she is allowed to do as she wishes

Thorned Warrior

Default Checkers

awwww....im loving the sarcasm...where were you all this time, you would have made this forum a lot more interesting
    No BS, just because you've earned it at this point.

I knew that I was outgunned on the forums. And, I didn't want to draw fire in-game too much, especially since Travian is way over my head in terms of time that I can commit to it. Much like these posts that I've been doing today... which is probably S9 withdrawal.

OK... Now the fun stuff...

I need to go play an old man's game, like checkers. That's about where I'm at with Travian.

Travian ----> You get old (the game takes a year) ----> checkers.

You youngsters will be in your 30s after just a few games! Just wait until you wake up one morning and realize that!

I would like to think that QM stopped or greatly reduced the amount of posts in the forum because of me. I remember back just a few dog years ago....

There I was. Sitting in my black leather chair in my grey suit stroking my white cat. And I said, "Number 1 (QM), the idea of this organization is to stab them in the back. You can't beat them in the forums. You don't put periods at the end of some sentences. And drop that KISS name. It sounds like a love fest."

In so doing, QM stopped being the red flag being waved at the Thunder bull. Then, some other evil Ranger said, "They're not killing us as much! Hooray! Keep QM gagged. We might have a chance if we're evil enough. Moohahaha."

Then it became a big love fest anyway, and went all downhill from there. Basically, I'm to blame.

...Hey... Is that your ax that I hear grinding in the backgound?

DM

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Matters View Post
    There I was. Sitting in my black leather chair in my grey suit stroking my white cat. And I said, "Number 1 (QM), the idea of this organization is to stab them in the back. You can't beat them in the forums. You don't put periods at the end of some sentences. And drop that KISS name. It sounds like a love fest."
    thank you

and this sounds like a scene from Alan Ford...rather good, (but also quote unpopular outside of certain European countries) black humor comic book...and now that you mentioned it, QM is exactly like Number1 there - the leader of a super secret organization called TNT - they are supposed to be spies, but they suck at it...and yet somehow they always manage to solve the problem

Number1 is a really really old man, no one knows his age, who always tells stories from ancient times that ofc have no real connection with truth (he is the one who made everything in history happen), he lies to his employees all the time, he uses blackmail, and what ever means necessary to get what he wants...

Really good comic...you should look it up

every resemblance to real characters is pure coincidence
    Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.

petervle

Never understood why everyone hates QM that much. Sure he lies, but he does it in such an obvious way that you can't really hate him for it, you need to laugh with him instead. Or pity him or whatever.

No the only person that deserves this "award" IMO is khess

Thorned Warrior

QM is exactly like Number1 there - the leader of a super secret organization called TNT - they are supposed to be spies, but they suck at it...and yet somehow they always manage to solve the problem
    Sometimes guts... not talent; not planning; not organization; not communication; not anything else... wins the day. QM is one of those guys. That's why he can make it work. Maybe not all the time, but this time it worked. Rangers was such a long shot.

Number1 is a really really old man, no one knows his age, who always tells stories from ancient times that ofc have no real connection with truth (he is the one who made everything in history happen), he lies to his employees all the time, he uses blackmail, and what ever means necessary to get what he wants...
    I would have to take a poll, but I think most of Ranger are players at least 25 or older. OR, 30 or older. So out of all of us using crutches, walkers and canes, he was the one that still has half a brain... so we follow him.

Really good comic...you should look it up
    I'm into pop, so I will.

every resemblance to real characters is pure coincidence
    You know who I am, don't you?

DM

Thorned Warrior

Default Inocka - Outgunned on Skype

Quote Originally Posted by petervle View Post
    Never understood why everyone hates QM that much. Sure he lies, but he does it in such an obvious way that you can't really hate him for it, you need to laugh with him instead. Or pity him or whatever.

No the only person that deserves this "award" IMO is khess
    Your first red flag is that Khess is female. Poor Inocka was fighting 2-3 Ranger females in Skype. She was probably outgunned there.

The guys don't count in that nasty female realm. Don't turn your back on any female in a wargame. I speak from experience outside of Travian.

DM

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast