Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: DevBlog and T4 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Tschena View Post
    Who tells you what they look like the swordsman or axeman? Did you see the pictures for these 2 troops until now? I don't think so. So do not jump into conclusions as long as you do not have the details..

These are simple the taskmaster pictures - nothing more and nothing less at the moment.
    ok.. cheers tschena..
    Live for the good people, not for the strong ones.

hi,
    I like if they can combine the granary and WH in to a one building. Its more useful than combining blacksmith and armory.

Thorned Warrior

Can we increase the level of WW also? Say from 100 to 150 and check if it works out. The game would be more interesting.

We just play a normal server for 9-10 months. Cant that last for 1 year atleast if the WW level increases to 150 and the speed server lasts for 3 months. Cant that be extended to 6 months so that the game becomes more enjoyable.

Also there should be small giveaway prizes by travian plus team to all the players of the server like there should be a contest weekly, monthly, quaterly, six monthly and yearly.

Best attacker, robber, climber, defender should receive a specific amount of gold for free not just weekly 10-20 gold but atleast say a specific good amount like 50 gold start, then monthly 75 gold, quaterly 100 gold, sixmonthly 200 gold and yearly 300 gold.

Also free 100 gold should be given to the player who has the largest population village for his next server. And 600-1000 gold should be awarded to the WW winner of that server for his next upcoming server if he wants to play.

The reason why becoz he has dedicated so much time for that specific server even after so many ups and downs in his/her real lives.

Also 1 more suggestion suppose if I am a gold player and my friend is not and if he has made me his sitter and if I am logged in his account with my password then I should be able to use my gold for his account if he cannot afford.

The large map and 9-15 cropper search should be for free to all the players and not just gold buyers.

Multihunters should be present in the server 24/7. There should be rotating shifts if you need people not to make any mistakes. It should not be like you made a complaint now and you have to wait 24-48 hrs standard time as per the rules made for the reply.

Now a days fast service increases the quality of the service and when you provide good quality and better service you will receive more and more member for your game.

I really like alot of the new t4 stuff. I mean some of it is the expected updates and such but there are some really cool new things.

But I feel like I have to voice my discontent with the new hero system. part of the appeal of travian is that it is simple and easy to pick up. The new heroes ruin that. Its an overly complicated system with little benefit to the average joe. Probably won't be playing t4.

Is there any chance of a 'classic' t3 server?
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcat
    Hahahahahaha *goes to tattle on freeze2 for abuse of power* :P

Axerider

Quote Originally Posted by Bob theRabbit View Post
    This sounds very long and complicated. The multihunters would have to investigate every time someone suspected two players or alliances of having an informal agreement to not attack each other? Or just alliances? How would they find out? By reading all the messages?

Just because you are not fighting someone, it does not mean you have an "unofficial confed/NAP".

Besides which - what is wrong with having informal agreements with people? Punishing this would make one very wary of having conversations with anyone, for fear the mh might read the message and take action against you.

Sorry if I don't understand, maybe you can explain again?
    Since there is no way to create an official Confed/Nap between individual players, that is completely unrelated; my suggestion is strictly regarding relations between alliances. MH's only have access to IGMs if you send them the URL of the IGM, so privacy is only lost if the Sender or Recipient of the message chooses to share it.

Obviously, the fact that one alliance has no troop interaction with another alliance is not a signal that they share an unofficial Confed/NAP. Giveaways would be things like having 50 villages of a non-Confed/NAP surrounding an alliance's WW, or two unrelated Metas "coincidentally" hitting the same target at nearly the exact same time. Obviously there will be exceptions, which is why Alliances should retain the ability to defend their positions to MH's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid_Vicious View Post
    Actually the Gaul heros are the best now simply because now Roman and Teuton Ghost hammers will be completely useless. Gauls are the only tribe that will be able to build a ghost hammer period

I understand what you are saying but this is not the way to do it, simply limiting the amount of Confederations an alliance can have to 4 and then making a clear statement as to who wins the server are only the 5 alliance wings in a Confederation is probably the best way. This would limit the amount of zerging going on I mean server 2 is just 2 giant metas, server 9 was 2 massive metas and 1 small, and server 6 is ending up as 1 enormous meta attacking a zerg and 1 tiny meta, its become ridiculous.
    This also applies to S8_Vercingetorix's reply:

That the only official winners of the server are the Official Confeds/NAPs is a given; however, if this is not effectively monitored, then there is nothing stopping the creation of unofficial Confeds/NAPs that are still used by the Main Alliance as part of a Meta. Although the fact that credit is not given to these secondary alliances is a deterrent, it is only a small one. My guess is that the Dev Team is doing this to engage a greater number of players more directly in the endgame and having greater competition for individual WWs; if that is truly the case, I firmly maintain that a lack of effective monitoring will tarnish the intended result.

Regarding NAPs, they are not useless. In my opinion, an alliance NAP serves 2 purposes:

1) In the case of Metas, it creates a relationship between alliances that are not directly linked in their purposed. Prime Example: An alliance forms, then founds a second alliance intended for it's own defense. The main alliance later joins or forms a Meta with a pre-existing alliance that had it's own wings. The defense wing of the original alliance forms NAPs with all of the Meta wings, while retaining it's Confed with it's Master Alliance. This creates a visible relationship between the Defense Alliance and the Meta, but creates a visible distinction that the Defense Alliance's main purpose and full loyalty lies with it's original "Master Alliance".

2) In the case of separate alliances, an NAP stands as a temporary relationship for a given purpose. Prime Example: Two or more separate alliances that wish to harm/destroy the same alliance form NAPs to show that any and all conflicts between those alliances is put off while a greater threat is dealt with. When the shared goal is accomplished, the NAPs are lost and the joined alliances turn to their individual goals.

Question Travian 4.0 City Wall, Earth Wall and Palisade

Hello, can someone please explain what this paragraph means. Like how does it give a disadvantage to gauls and just everything it is saying put into simpler words. I have been having a raging headache and cant think right now. please help. Thanks.

Here it is: City Wall, Earth Wall and Palisade
    The basic defensive value for a village can be raised by building the wall. The bonus provided by each wall level depends on the tribe building it. The walls keep their current percentage bonus given to defending units. The bonus to the basic defensive value for a village is an additional wall ability.

The additional bonus gained per tribe:

◦Roman City Wall: +10 defensive points per level
    ◦Gaul Palisade: +8 defensive points per level
    ◦Teuton Earth Wall: +6 defensive points per level

User Story:
    As announced above, we removed the “Rally Point restriction” feature from our Travian 4 concept. The goal of that Travian 3.6 feature was to limit micro farming (micro farming = splitting an attacking force to several small ambush units and raiding lots of players with those).
    With this change, we are no longer limiting the number of attacking units. Instead of that, we want to make micro farming more risky by giving the defender a way to increase the losses of the attacker.
    Players dropping the game early will not build a wall anyway. This means inactive players can still be raided without any losses like in Travian 3.5.
    If we take a Gaul as defender for example, he would need to build a Palisade level 5 to gain 40 defensive points for his village. 40 defensive points would equal one phalanx. So in fact, an attacker raiding a Gaul would always “fight” against a village with an increased self defence equalling a phalanx unit when facing a level 5 Palisade.

We are fully aware that every guide on how to defend against raiders has to be rewritten

On the other hand, this new concept will weaken the Gaul player most. A Roman or Teuton can easily increase their raiding force by some units to avoid losses. A Gaul player – with their weak phalanx unit (only 15 attacking points) – will most likely not be able to increase their raiding phalanxes to a reasonable amount to avoid losses. But this is exactly what we want. Gaul players should have a disadvantage when it comes to attacking in the early stage of the game. A Gaul – like all other Tribes as stated above – will still be able to raid a player without losses if no wall was built.

The side effect of this adjustment is also welcome by us: The importance of the unit type ram gets strengthened. Usually rams are only used when it comes to crushing a defensive force during the mid and late game. Now they are even useful when it comes to micro farming (for example against players who played several months and became inactive).

Fom this link: http://dev.travian.org/?p=306

Teamlead Customer Service Phanttis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xrocker30 View Post
    Hello, can someone please explain what this paragraph means. Like how does it give a disadvantage to gauls and just everything it is saying put into simpler words. I have been having a raging headache and cant think right now. please help. Thanks.

[B]Here it is: City Wall, Earth Wall and Palisade
    The basic defensive value for a village can be raised by building the wall. The bonus provided by each wall level depends on the tribe building it. The walls keep their current percentage bonus given to defending units. The bonus to the basic defensive value for a village is an additional wall ability.

The additional bonus gained per tribe:

◦Roman City Wall: +10 defensive points per level
    ◦Gaul Palisade: +8 defensive points per level
    ◦Teuton Earth Wall: +6 defensive points per level
    Hi.

Okay I start with something and others may continue if they wish. Here goes:

Walls now have defensive value of their own. Earlier (in T3.6) they only boosted defensive value already present in the village by some percentage... now they also increase the actual defensive value of the village too as said, with +10, +8 or +6 per wall level depending on tribe.

This is bad for gauls because their first raiding troop is Phalanx which has very weak attack value. So, if target has a wall, there will be phalanx casualties. You cannot raid with 2 phalanxes anymore, you have to have more phalanxes.

Other tribes have Legionnaire and Clubswinger. Both those have ... better ... attack value than gaul phalanx so for example teuton can still raid with just 2 clubswingers without casualties unless the wall is upgraded higher. Same with romans.

So, two other tribes can send out more raids than gauls, in other words, gauls need to have more phalanxes to make same amount of raids without (costly) casualties.

Regards,
    Phanttis
    You've got a question? You can find the answer here: T2.5/T3 Answers / T4 Answers / New User Moderation

Moderators work on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

For Travian: Legends support, please first take a look at answers. If you cannot find what you are looking for, use the in-game support request form or write in-game message to Support.

Travian: Legends global scoreboard

Nerfing the gauls and boosting the teutons and romans Thought they were already good enough.

Well they want to stop gauls from raiding early game because they are much easier to defend with double cranny + trapper (although trapper is totaly useless apart from traping your settlers/chiefs). Practicly gauls will have to sim to TT's, with maybe very very limited raiding. It will criple them alot...
    ts7.com 2010 - mxanda (Thunder)
    ts2.com 2012 - Godz (GoDz)

Teamlead Customer Service Phanttis's Avatar

Hi.

Yeah... and teutons lost the cranny dip bonus.... BUT for gauls, there are Independent Natarian Villages and Oasises. And the former Gauls will like a LOT when they get to the TTs as no-one else can effectively raid so far away as they. Without teuton cranny dip bonus, they are seldom raided empty as oasises and farms generally are now.

When a Teuton attacks (who is not afraid anymore that all his clubbies are stuck in traps) ... boom you follow him home with some TTs.

So I believe it evens up, maybe even to Gaul advantage.

Regards,
    Phanttis
    You've got a question? You can find the answer here: T2.5/T3 Answers / T4 Answers / New User Moderation

Moderators work on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

For Travian: Legends support, please first take a look at answers. If you cannot find what you are looking for, use the in-game support request form or write in-game message to Support.

Travian: Legends global scoreboard

Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast