Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: DevBlog and T4 Discussion

Teamlead Customer Service Phanttis's Avatar

Default DevBlog and T4 Discussion

Hi.

I am happy to announce that the promised Developer's Blog of the next Travian version is now online! It will contain ~all information and debate about the Travian version 4, which can be announced and it is updated on regular basis.

The blog's address is:
    http://dev.travian.org/

So one (more) page to check every day! Please take a look, have fun and of course ... discuss!

Regards,
    Tschena & Phanttis
    You've got a question? You can find the answer here: T2.5/T3 Answers / T4 Answers / New User Moderation

Moderators work on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

For Travian: Legends support, please first take a look at answers. If you cannot find what you are looking for, use the in-game support request form or write in-game message to Support.

Travian: Legends global scoreboard

This is good news. Thank you Phanttis.

/adds to bookmarks

Guardsman

1'st. Stonemansonīs Lodge - nice change, especially when facing catas early game..

2'nd Tournament Square - pure win, epic win if you make it a little cheaper too

3'rd Hero's Mansion - some much needed functionality.. nothing spectacular

4'th Trapper - lame, lame, lame... lame... useless structure just became useless and annoying.. communication between players!?... nope, just one more reason to 0 pop noob Gauls early game... as proper Gaul players will still find it useless..

Teamlead Customer Service Phanttis's Avatar

Just remember it is only the first blog entry and so much is unknown. Within next months there might appear something that totally changes trapper's lameness. ^_^
    You've got a question? You can find the answer here: T2.5/T3 Answers / T4 Answers / New User Moderation

Moderators work on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

For Travian: Legends support, please first take a look at answers. If you cannot find what you are looking for, use the in-game support request form or write in-game message to Support.

Travian: Legends global scoreboard

Oh good. Thats some news. I haven't had the time to go over that old thread on t4... hopefully this will come during the Christmas holidays. I'd be glad to play again then Or is that too early an expectation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Irony is sweet nectar dripping from the fruit of revenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tschena View Post
    Travian is sexist- I have boys in my crew to be my sex slaves

Quote Originally Posted by Photon7908 View Post
    Oh good. Thats some news. I haven't had the time to go over that old thread on t4... hopefully this will come during the Christmas holidays. I'd be glad to play again then Or is that too early an expectation?
    It's does say Spring 2011, so Christmas is pretty unlikely.
    ex .co.uk Moderator, ex .com Mod & Supporter

Thorned Warrior

Just get rid of the trapper. There is a world of difference between a reasonable defensive function and an anti farming measure. I don't think they can tell the difference.

Will there be an article in the magazine as well? Or must we only read the blog?

Quote Originally Posted by myrcat View Post
    You don't have to be a lesbian to admire marshmallows and nice breasts.

The problem with the Trapper remains that it is useless midway through the server. At first it is an anti farm building, but once you have thousands and thousands of troops, the trapper doesnt keep up. Useless building beyond your starter village.

What happens if another person frees your troops? If you free your troops in the initial attack, do you still lose 25% of trapped troops?

If so, then it greatly disadvantages romans in the early game and completely throws the balance of the game. It will be a gang up fest on every roman in the early game. Every raider is going to target roman now because they cant hide as many resources with their cranny AND their troops wont be captured and killed if you break the traps.

Why force players to build a useless building in the first place. Scrap it and come up with something new. Its not rocket science, you can't fix something that cant be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Phanttis View Post
    Just remember it is only the first blog entry and so much is unknown. Within next months there might appear something that totally changes trapper's lameness. ^_^
    Heyyyy, trappers aren't lame. They're really useful for things like... firewood and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by myrcat View Post
    You don't have to be a lesbian to admire marshmallows and nice breasts.

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast