Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: An experiment

Default An experiment

I've got a question to atheists. If there was a religion that says there is an invisible, inaudible god that created the universe and it doesn't give a **** about anything that happens in the world and kills people and makes bad things happen just for the heck of it, would you believe in this god?

I'm just curious about people's reactions as this idea seems to have no flaws whatsoever as far as I know.

In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Are you dense or just pretending.

The reason why we Atheists refuse to believe in a god is because there is NO evidence for a god. No kind of insane story would change that. No evidence = no god.

Since your god can not be proved to exist by his definition, he therefore can not exist in the first place.
    Purple Qwrq

THE FOUNDER OF THE ELITE ORDER OF THE NON SPAMING NATARIAN KNIGHTS.
    I am have returned! 100% Active, 100% inspired! Read The Mod comic -
    Weekly Updates

but in a similair manner relegions like that already exists. Certain streams of paganism use that angle.
    So your question is invalid aswell.

Best relegion: being able to see the grander of your god, goddess or mulpiles of them by just looking at nature or listening to the singing of birds and such.
    One thing is sure though, it does not need to be a god of somethign that created everything.

I still don't see the fascination in trying to pin a specific god onto us atheists. As Purple said, we do not believe due to lack of any evidence not because your god may or may not be a lazy jackass*.

I agree with shadows outlook though, apart from the deity parts. I prefer to just marvel at the universe and it's wonders and admit there is still much for us to learn and do.

*which he is if we are wrong.
    BonzaiBannana: A giant loophole to pubic safety

Quote Originally Posted by Just like you View Post
    I've got a question to atheists. If there was a religion that says there is an invisible, inaudible god that created the universe and it doesn't give a **** about anything that happens in the world and kills people and makes bad things happen just for the heck of it, would you believe in this god?

I'm just curious about people's reactions as this idea seems to have no flaws whatsoever as far as I know.
    The flaw is that it's stupid.
    "SUUM TANTUM A PULPA VULNUS"-footman.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    A message for Ramrod: Don't reproduce, ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy
    To REDSHEILD, if he happens to see this: I suppose I am a Grammar N*zi at heart.
    <(-_-)><(@-@)><(o.0)> <dragons.

There is no god, a programmer coded everything and is currently AFK for a long time. His name is Harry.

All praise Harry!!!

Copy and paste this in your signature to show us you joined the cause!!!

i would mentally incinerate that god.....

psh.

i'm agnostic, i guess. i just have to believe in something after death........but other religions don't make sense to me. i'd believe in greek gods. ha

i really would.
    "Inconceivable." You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Natarian Knight lucky number 13's Avatar

The point of atheists is that they wouldn't believe in a god without direct proof, just saying that this god exists by proxy is the same as every other god.

I prefer to look at the universe in a similar way to shadow, no way did this all make itself by accident, there must have been something or some underlying rule behind it all.

Of course we get back to the old argument: by proxy we can't prove god exists or not unless he directly comes down and says: "oh yeah btw, I'm real, sry about death and taxes and all that" because a god by definition would be something beyond measurement so unless the afterlife religions are right we'll never know in this life unless god comes down to us directly, and after the last time I don't think hes too keen on the idea.

That being said we could all be just the twisted imagination of some super intelligent being with a million brains, in that case could this being be god?

I'm gonna stop now because my speculations stray into weird areas if left unchecked.
    [20:59:37] shadowspirrit: logic dictates that i should now kill you

Well dunno bout afterlife though, never been dead (i geuss) so cant really be sure about what there is afteer death.
    But i can tell you one thing, if it happens to be that there is some sort of god up or down there responcible for the ***** that life is, thenn no place in said afterlife would be large enough for that thing to hide from me.

To speak in christian terms.
    I`d crawl from the deepest pits of hell to the highest cloud of heaven and kick his/her sorry little *ss so hard that he/she WILL be sorting things out from that point on.

Natarian Knight

How big an infraction is swearing pointswise? :P

Agreed though
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chaz View Post
    "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain..." - Colonel Jessep
    Quote Originally Posted by Spy-der View Post
    >_>' yeah yeah. I got it the first time when haz told me XD
    I'm wrong.... so.... shut up now XD

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast