Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Which came first?

Thorned Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Woden87 View Post
    This is not true.

This is, to be perfectly frank, cowardly and dishonest. You are, essentially, claiming that because people will always disagree, it is alright for you and others to lie, distort, and confound with misinformation.

You are entited to your own opinions. But you totally misinterpreted my statement.
    That is not what I said. To agree to disagree, does not condone dishonestly.

It was a simple statement of the fact of the matter...the controversy will go on.

Utisz

Your prior post was a nonsensical mischaracterization of what skepticism is, based around your own misconceptions. The post was essentially a extremely poorly reasoned appeal to other forms of knowing, based on the premise that if everything can be doubted then nothing can be proven and all forms of knowledge and therefore opinions are equally valid. To put it lightly, it was rubbish whether it was a weak attempt at satire or not.

Perhaps you did not explicitly claim that it was "alright.... to lie, distort, and confound" as Woden suggests but your behavior of posting disingenuous and misleading information, and then totally ignoring it when this is pointed out hardly allows you to take the moral high ground. If I quoted an outside source and it was then brought to my attention that the information was intentional disinformation, I'd actually admit my mistake and apologies. If at the same time I was asked in good faith to explain where my actual object lies, I would lay out my case. Your reply essentially amounted to "haha you can't prove anything either". Your outline of your actual objections covered only one line and as before was too vague in details to reply to. I took "mathematical probabilities" to refer to Hoyle's fallacy (big clue in the name) and "gaps and holes" to probably refer to your own misconceptions about both the fossil records and evolutionary theory. I however saw little point in responding based on guesswork, which would allow you to simply waltz back and reply "No that wasn't what I meant" negating my efforts.

I also find it rather telling that you are totally unprepared to defend your own opinions on this matter.Yes there are multiple opinions on both sides, however on one side we have a small number of technical quibbles and on the other we have a rainbow of totally contradictory opinions. If you want to have this discussion I think it is fair to ask what you actually believe. By refusing to do so you essential make it impossible to scrutinize your ideas because it allows you to continuously shift your position in order to explain away evidence. If your only opinion on the matter is that "an intelligent Creator is responsible for life" then we wouldn't be having this conversation because evolution has nothing to do with the beginning of life.

I am hence in the ludicrous position of debating an individual that will neither lay out his objections clearly, nor reveal his own opinion. I agree that there will always be a minority that disagrees, but obviously one side must be wrong. However the 'battle for who's right' is unfortunately over, this is not a scientific controversy but a political one driven by a subsection of theists still stuck in the middle ages.
    Last edited by Utisz; 07.12.2010 at 11:30.

Howzat...

Next Question please.

Quote Originally Posted by myrcat View Post
    You don't have to be a lesbian to admire marshmallows and nice breasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeyther View Post
    Howzat...

Next Question please.
    Couldn't have put it better myself.

Muser 4 lyf

Utisz

I guess we could ask does the law of attraction work? DF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uf-5...layer_embedded

The woman in this video died yesterday.

Most of her testimonials have now been deleted from various quake sites, because it would be inconvenient if people started asking questions.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

*On a side note I'm not Howzat if that's what you meant Zeyther.
    Last edited by Utisz; 08.12.2010 at 04:03.

Natarian Knight
    Lurking, check outside your window you might catch a glimpse of me

If people want another unanswerable question....
    Please clap your hands together.

That was the sound of two hands clapping.
    What is the sound of one hand clapping?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPaladin
    Forums are like liquid. People come and people go. I just stand at the sidelines and watch it flow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple
    And use a giant hammer to horribly maim anyone who breaks the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeyther View Post
    Howzat...

Next Question please.
    Since I started this thing...

What's the difference between a raven and a writting desk?

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    What's the difference between a raven and a writting desk?
    One has a poem written about it, the other has poems written on it.

Next question.

If a lumberjack cuts down a tree and it doesn't make a sound, how is the lumberjack still alive?
    "SUUM TANTUM A PULPA VULNUS"-footman.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    A message for Ramrod: Don't reproduce, ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy
    To REDSHEILD, if he happens to see this: I suppose I am a Grammar N*zi at heart.
    <(-_-)><(@-@)><(o.0)> <dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Woden87 View Post
    One has a poem written about it, the other has poems written on it.

Next question.
    Really?
    I've always wanted to know that,how do you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_lash View Post
    ((I dont know why but i m kinda starting to like the little brat ))

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910