Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which came first?

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    God has always been there. He's God. He can do whatever he wants.

If you want to turn this into a big bang debate than sure.

Just explain to me how somethig existed before the universe did, exploded, and then created the universe. I might just be ignorant, but to me that sounds like a load of crap.
    Im not saying that the big bang never happened. Maybe God triggered the big bang to create the universe. Who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow~ View Post
    I love Spy-der and I want to be in his siggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dnnyk
    What would life be like without Spy-der
    Quote Originally Posted by mikening View Post
    Spy is right...Its not a suprise i'm just saying
    Quote Originally Posted by SpOiNgY View Post
    Once again I have to say it, do what Spy-der says.

I have been thinking about the Big Bang theory, actually, and if we assume that space and time existed before it, then it merely could have been the result of natural black hole decay.
    "SUUM TANTUM A PULPA VULNUS"-footman.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    A message for Ramrod: Don't reproduce, ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy
    To REDSHEILD, if he happens to see this: I suppose I am a Grammar N*zi at heart.
    <(-_-)><(@-@)><(o.0)> <dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Spy-der View Post
    God has always been there. He's God. He can do whatever he wants.

If you want to turn this into a big bang debate than sure.

Just explain to me how somethig existed before the universe did, exploded, and then created the universe. I might just be ignorant, but to me that sounds like a load of crap.
    Im not saying that the big bang never happened. Maybe God triggered the big bang to create the universe. Who knows.
    The big bang cant have happened because none created it.
    But god can exist without none creating him.

Religions keeps making sense

Natarian Knight lucky number 13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REDSHEILD View Post
    I have been thinking about the Big Bang theory, actually, and if we assume that space and time existed before it, then it merely could have been the result of natural black hole decay.
    Perhaps caused by an alien race -similar in advancement to us- who -like us- turned on a LHC and -unlike us- suffered the worst possible consequence moments before the universe began.
    [20:59:37] shadowspirrit: logic dictates that i should now kill you

according the to bible, the egg came 1st.

Where were YOU when it happened? (TM Deleted)
    -The Catalyst-Call Me Master-Vengence-Call Me God-Spongebob-Ov3rL0rd-DontHitDaddy

I 'r' Tankcat, you should know precisely where I 'r'.

Quote Originally Posted by Neron View Post
    Yeah of course I assumed we were speaking of chicken eggs. And the second paragraph illustrates my doubt. Do you call the egg chicken because it gives "birth" to chicken, or because it was laid by chicken? The answer to that gives the answer to the original question. In the former case, the egg was first, in the later, the chicken was first.

Note: I had never said chicken so many times before. Chicken.
    A chicken egg gives birth to a chicken, an ostrich egg gives birth to an ostrich, and a man-eating burning chair egg gives birth to a man-eating burning chair.

If a chicken lays an egg, it will, unless the chicken mated with a dinosaur, be a chicken egg because the parents are chickens, and thus the creature inside should be a chicken. If it dies prematurely, then it is a dead egg. But if a chicken mated with a dinosaur and laid an egg, it would be a chickensaur or something, and not a chicken.
    Comic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    L.C.S. In the universe, it is illegal to defy all laws at once.
    Alexander *Watchs Stargate disappear.* YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by owning View Post
    The big bang cant have happened because none created it.
    But god can exist without none creating him.

Religions keeps making sense
    That's exactly what I'm saying. God is all powerful. He can do what he wants. He cant be perfect if he was created by something.

If it's so ridiculous that God (an all powerful being) always existed, then explain to me how the black hole that triggered the big bang existed before the beginning of the universe.

I believe in God through faith. You believe in the big bang because of science. So give me a scientific answer to my question. If you cant, than the discussion is over. It's useless arguing about religion. You wont change your mind, and I wont change mine without an answer. We'll all find out when we die.

EDIT: Btw, I sort of believe in the big bang. Maybe God triggered the big bang to create the universe.
    Last edited by Spy-der; 30.11.2010 at 23:02.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow~ View Post
    I love Spy-der and I want to be in his siggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dnnyk
    What would life be like without Spy-der
    Quote Originally Posted by mikening View Post
    Spy is right...Its not a suprise i'm just saying
    Quote Originally Posted by SpOiNgY View Post
    Once again I have to say it, do what Spy-der says.

That's exactly what I'm saying. God is all powerful. He can do what he wants. He cant be perfect if he was created by something.

If it's so ridiculous that God (an all powerful being) always existed, then explain to me how the black hole that triggered the big bang existed before the beginning of the universe.

I believe in God through faith. You believe in the big bang because of science. So give me a scientific answer to my question. If you cant, than the discussion is over. It's useless arguing about religion. You wont change your mind, and I wont change mine without an answer. We'll all find out when we die.

EDIT: Btw, I sort of believe in the big bang. Maybe God triggered the big bang to create the universe.
    I am not a scientist and science isnt perfect.
    I can be humble to say i dont know what caused the big bang.
    I cant explain you what triggered the big bang as well as you cant explain me what cretead god, it makes no more sense saying god was always there than big bang apeared from nothing.

Thorned Warrior

I must say, you sound a lot more reasonable than Red.
    True faith is based on evidence and on realities though not beheld. However, to believe only in a material beginning without the intervention of a supernatural power is based on a blind "faith" or more like credulity...Definition of CREDULITY
    : readiness or willingness to believe especially on slight or uncertain evidence.

It may seem a pointless debate, but that it has been for hundreds of years and thus will continue until much deeper issues regarding the cosmos are fully resolved.
    But hey, the debate is rather entertaining, much like the ball bouncing in a tennis match. Or lawyers bantering in a courtroom.
    It's all fun; and enlightening to see different views. Afterall, without debate where would the need for stimulus thinking be?

On the moon, I make it shine because im god

If we are turning this into a religious debate then I am forced to inform you, seeing as I am the one true god ask any member of the ramrodian church, that all feathered creatures came from a flying pig so the chicken came first.
    Quote Originally Posted by REDSHEILD View Post
    Do not bow to your equal. If you wish to bow to someone, bow to Ramrod (creator of all things awesome)
    Quote Originally Posted by iSmokeiFly View Post
    I like breaking people's happiness.
    All your base are belong to us. You have no chance of survival make your time.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast