Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Artwork: bait and switch

Thorned Warrior

Default Artwork: bait and switch

I feel like a victim of the old bait and switch. I bought some art. It said it would throw a party without a TH. I went to use it, and now it says I only get the same CP as what my village is producing. What's the deal?

Guardsman

that is the way it work, if you hovered your mouse over the artwork, it would have told you exctly how much cp you would have gained, the travian team did that updat a couple of days ago, so if you used the artwork before that then you would have not been the only one.
    s3 First faithfull then Emilio
    ts10 faithfull
    ts8 Faithfull
    (aka James)

Guardsman

Quote Originally Posted by hound dog View Post
    I feel like a victim of the old bait and switch. I bought some art. It said it would throw a party without a TH. I went to use it, and now it says I only get the same CP as what my village is producing. What's the deal?
    It doesnt say same CP as a party - The original full description said - Will spontaneously party producing 1/2 your total CP production. BUT on the server it was coming up at 1/4 cp per artwork - They have now fixed that bug and corrected what artworks give to your total cp per day.

It was never +500 cp (thtas just nuts )

Guardsman

when i hover it says
    "If you use the artwork you will gain as much culture as all your villages together produce (+88 culture points) up to a maxium of 5000 couture points per used artwork."
    s3 First faithfull then Emilio
    ts10 faithfull
    ts8 Faithfull
    (aka James)

Axerider

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpiain View Post
    It was never +500 cp (thtas just nuts )
    Not entirely true. The introductory DevBlog post on the subject stated artworks as instantly giving +500 CP when used.

Thorned Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by emoose View Post
    Not entirely true. The introductory DevBlog post on the subject stated artworks as instantly giving +500 CP when used.
    This was the case in the beta.travian.org server. I guess the Developers found that 500 CP for an item which you might find in adventures is not fair. Hence they changed it... That is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by siriusrooney View Post
    This was the case in the beta.travian.org server. I guess the Developers found that 500 CP for an item which you might find in adventures is not fair. Hence they changed it... That is my guess.
    Nope, they changed it because it was useless past the second week on a speed server.
    ex .co.uk Moderator, ex .com Mod & Supporter

Thorned Warrior

I was on the closed beta and it was worth 500 cp, then they lowered it to 250 cp, of course this was after I bought my art on that server. This time it went from throwing a party to village cp. I don't mind changes as long as I'm notified before I make purchases. The learning here is buyer beware, or maybe stop spending money

fine art gains value with age ... the Idea is to use them later on when you have
    enough culture points to make it worth using them a 5000 cp account gains
    5000 cps as opposed to throwing 10 parties in your town hall. I think they are a
    bargain and I've got a nice little art gallery going
    N.A.S.A. didn't make me any more of a rocket scientist than wearing a red cape and boots
    did for making me a Super Hero ......
    .......... It was my Education and Training that earned me Both

out from the current prices on artwork I think a coupple of people are whoring to be the first to get the 2nd village ^^

Animis opibusque parati
    Latest server: SGC @ com1 - http://i.imgur.com/PDGiaoa.jpg | Current: Retired

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast