Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This just isn't fair - what will you do about it?

Default This just isn't fair - what will you do about it?

I have a complaint. I already tried to contact support, but nobody answered me. I tried to post my problem in some other parts of the forum, but i wasn't allowed.

My problem is S7. It was unacessible for a several hours. I had incoming attacks, so i set an alarm in 6am so i could move res and troops from my villages, and snipe those waves.

However, when i was finally able to log, attacks were on schedule! I had just over an hour to react, instead of 3 and a half, as i planed. Also, people were unable to send reins, so they sent them late. That resulted in devastation of 3 of my villages.

I am a gold user. Myself and my dual spent HUNDREDS of $ on this game, and i don't feel like this is fair. I don't want complementary gold, i don't want starvation off, i want server to continue in the point when it became unaccesible.

This way, i could pretty much attack ANYBODY, and while they can't access their account to dodge, my troops will be safe on their way. And that's not fair. This is a game of knowledge and experience, not a game of gambling with server downtime.

This is not our mistake, server malfunction is your territory. Two days ago you did something about it - i suggest you do it again.

Regards, Supreme & Ruler, S7

Sorry buddy - Travian HQ really are burying their heads in a bucket of sand on this one.

It happened on S1.uk too.

It's in the middle of endgame.

WWK's were being gathered, so much NPCing of wheat every few hours etc... 3 months of troop builds literally down the toilet, and NO RESPONSE FROM HQ.

It's totally done it for me with travs.

I agree.

What hurts the most is that i finally got an answer. And what an answer! I was told that in Terms & Conditions is clearly stated that they can't be responsible for this and that they are not obliged to do anything about it...

I told them that that's legal business, not justice.

I will soon delete this account, and after that, i will, like many people i know, dissapointed in travian, go away and start playing some other game of this type...

In any game you will ever play the servers will go down at some point and no game is ever going to rollback the game for a minority, your account was ruined but lots more peoples accounts werent, and as for compensation when it happens...if they give to one then they would have to give to everyone that suffered losses in the down time and not everyone complains so it would be hard and unfair to enforce imo,

this is just my opinion though, im just a moderator not a programmer :P
    You've got a question? You can find the answer here: T2.5/T3 Answers / T4 Answers / New User Moderation

Moderators work on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

A pill to make me dumb... make me somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by TiGGy~ View Post
    In any game you will ever play the servers will go down at some point and no game is ever going to rollback the game for a minority, your account was ruined but lots more peoples accounts werent, and as for compensation when it happens...if they give to one then they would have to give to everyone that suffered losses in the down time and not everyone complains so it would be hard and unfair to enforce imo,

We had the New Year ceasefire where attacks sent before the ceasefire land as a visit and no troops starve, surely if the server goes down it should automatic switch to this mode. If only as a good will gesture and to to keep everything fair
    2011 S7 Wild. 2012 S2 Wild, tx8 Spartans. 2013 S1 Wild, S2 Infamous.
    2014 S5 Wild, S6 Infamous

So does that mean, Travian doesn't care about losses for it's players... Then what about the one who bought Gold who do actually pay for Travian? Or you say... Travian has slips and hits...

Guardsman

or, just throwing an idea out there, what if when the server goes down for more than say 10 mins then the server stops advancing and just sorta pauses and then resumes once everything is working again.

sure it would throw off people's schedules and stuff, but imo better that than losing troops to starvation and attacks that you otherwise could have avoided. not really sure how plausible this would be though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefOdie View Post
    On the other hand, you know you are playing Gauls correctly when all the Teuton's around you have more Spears than Clubbies

There's a surprise eh???

Quote Originally Posted by dan020 View Post
    or, just throwing an idea out there, what if when the server goes down for more than say 10 mins then the server stops advancing and just sorta pauses and then resumes once everything is working again.

sure it would throw off people's schedules and stuff, but imo better that than losing troops to starvation and attacks that you otherwise could have avoided. not really sure how plausible this would be though.
    Not sure how easy that would be...

From what I can tell (I've never seen the code!) the game is basically a huge event queue that is loaded with times each event that is processed. Now, since it appears to keep everything historical, that means that resetting ALL the times in the event queue every time you had a server failure would be problematic at best.

Now, pile on "Coordinated Attacks" where the attackers may launch anywhere in a 48hr period, (Yes, I've been part of a coordinated attack on a wonder where the launch time from the 1st to the last attacker was more than 48hrs) you now have to ask yourself which would be more detrimental to the server as a whole:
    • Resetting all times of unprocessed events by x hrs or letting everything go with a 1-2 hr maintenance period?
    • If you reset the times, you end up with the LOTS of cata landing before the clearing wave. If you don't, you end up with people unable to do inserts.
    • Finally, if you turned on holiday mode, you end up showing your hand and loosing the element of surprise.

I see this as a no-win situation for TG. No matter what they do, they piss someone off.

Enjoy
    Chief
    I found this on YOUR computer:

Grey hair is hereditary... You get it from your children!

I often feel more like a bouncer than anything else. Trying to head off hot-tempers (without banning people right and left) is as much of an art form as a skill...

Not sure how easy that would be...

From what I can tell (I've never seen the code!) the game is basically a huge event queue that is loaded with times each event that is processed. Now, since it appears to keep everything historical, that means that resetting ALL the times in the event queue every time you had a server failure would be problematic at best.

Now, pile on "Coordinated Attacks" where the attackers may launch anywhere in a 48hr period, (Yes, I've been part of a coordinated attack on a wonder where the launch time from the 1st to the last attacker was more than 48hrs) you now have to ask yourself which would be more detrimental to the server as a whole:
    • Resetting all times of unprocessed events by x hrs or letting everything go with a 1-2 hr maintenance period?
    • If you reset the times, you end up with the LOTS of cata landing before the clearing wave. If you don't, you end up with people unable to do inserts.
    • Finally, if you turned on holiday mode, you end up showing your hand and loosing the element of surprise.

I see this as a no-win situation for TG. No matter what they do, they piss someone off.

Enjoy
    Chief
    Chief, I actually agree with you,
    the suggestions above stating what Travian should do when they have a sort of server
    maintenance, preventing server malfunction will always somehow piss off a group of players.

I mean... The holiday mode.
    Imagine a scenario where there is a WW nearing lv100 and some players are attacking
    that WW village. Holiday mode would end up disrupting them and enables the WW builder
    to win the server as a benefit of server maintenance. Not Good.

But I kinda support dan020's idea, that the server should at least.. deserve a pause.
    I understand how difficult that would be, but as long as there are a limited amount
    of drawbacks in this idea, I would certainly do it if I was a Travian HQ programmer.

In this scenario, The Travian Team should consider and take care of their customer's welfare and do their best to satisfy their players
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa41 View Post
    If u were made of ice cream u would lick yourself to death

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast