Thread: Croplock no market

Default Croplock no market

I just got hit by a hammer. Now I am croplocked: crop production strongly negative and I cannot start my marketplace again. How do I dig out of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Olsviken View Post
    I just got hit by a hammer. Now I am croplocked: crop production strongly negative and I cannot start my marketplace again. How do I dig out of this?
    Ship from other villages (Or work with your alliance to help you dig out.)

As troops die, you may get sufficient crop to build crop-fields as well.

Enjoy
    Chief
    I found this on YOUR computer:

Grey hair is hereditary... You get it from your children!

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefOdie View Post
    I often feel more like a bouncer than anything else. Trying to head off hot-tempers (without banning people right and left) is as much of an art form as a skill...

Guardsman

This might sound stupid but send all your troops(or enough troops so you don't have negative production) to your attacker as a reinforcement. If you have enough troops sent you might crop lock him

Natarian Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jetser View Post
    This might sound stupid but send all your troops(or enough troops so you don't have negative production) to your attacker as a reinforcement. If you have enough troops sent you might crop lock him
    It actually is stupid as reinforcements die first - so any units sent to the attacker will be the first to starve...

You are lucky your Main building wasnt also destroyed. You will have to build up your crop fields first. When crop locked correctly, your population (not troops) exceeds the crop production forcing you to build crop fields until you achieve a + crop balance. Troops don't get accounted for in these mathmatics, so your best options are as follows:

1) if you have troops, raid to bring in some extra crop to help with the negative, and build a surplus to begin construction on crop fields again.

2) ship crop and resources from your other villages to rebuild crop fields

3) have your alliance members or friends ship resources from their villages to rebuild crop fields

If you have gold, put on plus account, queue up two crop fields at once, then insta build it, and do this as many times as necessary.

Natarian Knight

You did not supply enough details to get a proper answer....
    I would need to know:
    1) how big your army is - not an exact number but approximation like 1k, 5k, 10k etc.
    2) how many villages you have in total and how many of them are operational
    3) if there are more attacks in progress

Now, given your lack of knowledge on the matter I'm going to assume you army isn't too large.

As a general guideline I'd advise the following:
    - rebuild those crop fields as fast as you can - up to level 5 they have 0 population (windmill and bakery are not part of the restriction so if you're a roman you can upgrade those as well in the same time you do fields). You won't be able to make more buildings until you crop production is greater than the village population.
    - if you still have have rally point(if not rebuild as fast as you can to get one) and more operational villages then quickly move the army to another village(choose the closest that has the most granaries built in it - you or your allies can send there crop to prevent starvation). I would advise against what previous poster said about trying to raid with the army... if your army isn't very large and you have a good farm close by then it could be worth a shot as a last resort measure, but otherwise don't do it. You'll lose so much troops it's not worth it. On top of that a successful croplock also includes all granaries in that particular village. So whatever you could bring with the army it will overflow anyway. Imho this is pointless (there could be some exceptions to this, but I doubt it's your case).
    - as soon as you can, move the army(or at least some of it) to another alliance member that is not under attack until you can repair the damage - most likely you'll get more attacks and the situation could become even worse. This also works best if that is the only village that you have.

Considering the OP made it seem like he still has a MB, and other vital buildings, I was assuming that it wasnt the best crop lock. Yes crop locks tear down all the necessary crop infrastructure (Market, all granaries, grain Mill, bakery, and MB to slow it all down, on top of all the crop fields). I am not sure whether or not he even has an army.

If you lost your granaries dont farm. It would be harder to keep your army alive with a - crop consumption higher than what your granary holds.

If the attacker was clever enough to take out the market with the croplands, i would assume he also took out mb and granarys, lets also assume the player only has one village and no allies, how does he get himself out of trouble?
    You've got a question? You can find the answer here: T2.5/T3 Answers / T4 Answers / New User Moderation

Moderators work on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

A pill to make me dumb... make me somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by TiGGy~ View Post
    If the attacker was clever enough to take out the market with the croplands, i would assume he also took out mb and granarys, lets also assume the player only has one village and no allies, how does he get himself out of trouble?
    Delete?

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.