Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Travian Sexist & Racist?

Default Is Travian Sexist & Racist?

S7 2009/2010 showed that Travian was sexist when Regulator had to jump through hoops because as a winner she was female, yet the winners message declared "her" to be a "he".

The advent of new T4 allows us to dress up our male only heros.

But, it gets better, we are only allowed to dress up our white male heros.....

Can anyone from Travian explain this in the "global" game they sell?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss UK View Post
    S7 2009/2010 showed that Travian was sexist when Regulator had to jump through hoops because as a winner she was female, yet the winners message declared "her" to be a "he".

The advent of new T4 allows us to dress up our male only heros.

Can anyone from Travian explain this in the "global" game they sell?
    Female heroes are currently on a to-do list, there's no sexism to this, just the fact that the male heroes were done first and in time for the launch and the female heroes aren't ready yet.

I'd say at least 40% of top leaders of alliances within travian are women, especially on the more popular servers. Also a number of our top staff members including Tschena are women so I really don't think that Travian is a sexist organisation.
    ex .co.uk Moderator, ex .com Mod & Supporter

Guardsman

I dont believe travian is that sexist, most of the better players and alliance leaders are women. I've made many mistakens in calling someone a he when they were a her in the past

Axerider

Quote Originally Posted by Miss UK View Post
    Are you joking? Travian is, erm, about warriors in the middle-ages Europe. Think about it.
    Have you heard aything about non-white people there? (I said, in middle-ages)
    And what's about female warriors?
    tools for Travian: travian.kirilloid.ru

Pikeman

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Steve10 View Post
    Female heroes are currently on a to-do list, there's no sexism to this, just the fact that the male heroes were done first and in time for the launch and the female heroes aren't ready yet.

I'd say at least 40% of top leaders of alliances within travian are women, especially on the more popular servers. Also a number of our top staff members including Tschena are women so I really don't think that Travian is a sexist organisation.
    On a TO-DO list?! So your saying women always have to come AFTER men... They probably didnt feel the need to even try to get the female heroes ready for the launch.

Axerider

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1717 View Post
    On a TO-DO list?! So your saying women always have to come AFTER men... They probably didnt feel the need to even try to get the female heroes ready for the launch.
    They say women heroes (not womens) will come (not have to) after men in Travian4 (not always).
    Are you working as journalist or at least jammer for army?
    tools for Travian: travian.kirilloid.ru

Guardsman

the heroes are just historically correct, but women heroes need to be implemented for our occasional joan of arc

Teamlead Customer Service Phanttis's Avatar

"Once we release Travian 4.0, players will only have one base type profile a muscular male. We are planning to create more base type profiles later"

Posted: September 18th, 2010

And that is all there is to it.
    You've got a question? You can find the answer here: T2.5/T3 Answers / T4 Answers / New User Moderation

Moderators work on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

For Travian: Legends support, please first take a look at answers. If you cannot find what you are looking for, use the in-game support request form or write in-game message to Support.

Travian: Legends global scoreboard

Quote Originally Posted by kirilloid View Post
    Are you joking? Travian is, erm, about warriors in the middle-ages Europe. Think about it.
    Have you heard aything about non-white people there? (I said, in middle-ages)
    And what's about female warriors?
    Oh dear. History fail.

We'll not talk of the Moors then eh?

Customer Service Representative Tschena's Avatar

Ah yeah, Travian is very sexist. That's why I have all these boys in my crew: the be my sex slaves

Oh wait we can go a step deeper: there exist no troop pictures until now in T4 - so this is a bit advantage to the buildings which already have pictures!

Did you ever thought about that it may be possible that the pictures are simply not ready?

There was mentioned more than one time that the female hero is planned....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast