Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Qualifications Medals

Axerider

Quote Originally Posted by TiGGy~ View Post
    I didn't say that nobody cares, what i meant.... and i meant it clearly is that this is not the place to get official answers to questions that have no answers, grump away by all means and have fun doing it, but dont expect admins to come in and answer your "grumps".
    Probably a nooby question, but where is the place to put a complain that you want to be answered?
    Inna: So who am I?? Crazy Inna?
    Dreaver: Your a woman. Tells enough.

I would probably try a cheaky post in general as it wont get swamped too quicky, but i for sure wouldnt put a question in a grump thread, and if your question doesnt yet have an answer i wouldnt hold my breateh to get an answer, waiting for announcements might be the only choice.

As for spider, youve ben around long enough to see what Tshena does o thsi forum and its more than most admins on any other similar game, so i wouldnt knock it
    You've got a question? You can find the answer here: T2.5/T3 Answers / T4 Answers / New User Moderation

Moderators work on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

A pill to make me dumb... make me somebody else.

Axerider

Quote Originally Posted by TiGGy~ View Post
    and if your question doesnt yet have an answer i wouldnt hold my breateh to get an answer, waiting for announcements might be the only choice.
    If admins dont have any more information, it would be very cool if they posted WHY there is no info and WHEN we can expect it.

Communication is important. I do admire a way of thinking that resulted in making a grump corner for travian players with the idea that posting complains makes people happier even if no one reads them. (many worldwide companies provide so called customer support in a very similar way, hehe)

Still, answering complains could be much more effective.
    Last edited by Inna; 13.03.2011 at 13:07.
    Inna: So who am I?? Crazy Inna?
    Dreaver: Your a woman. Tells enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Spy-der View Post
    What exactly does tschena even do as a forum admin. All I ever see, is her posting links in the bugs section of the forum. She ignores posts here, she doesnt make any changes to the forum or game, and there havent been any contests for like a year.
    Maybe you don't want to see more?

She posts in the questions section for example - I see this a lot.

And for your contest grump you may have to open your eyes. Here is every month one contest open. Additional contest are in the magazine - so maybe you should read it.
    You may not like these contests - but there are in fact here and complaining there are no contests without proofing the facts is useless...

the point is,

as soon as the server ended(x2) players should have got there medals.

you promise them something.. you must give it to them, and pardon me for saying this but there can be legal turns to this as money(in form of gold) is involved, and since it was OFFICIALLY stated they would get the medals

since it was a major reason for many to participate in the first place and spend more than a normal server on it, i dont see why a federal court wont see this as a case of legitimate failure to provide services

and travian can be legally forced to refund the money spent by players on X2. ( and i very well know they are money hoarders and wont refund it themselves in good faith to keep customers)

but that is if someone files a case which is very unlikely and thats why TG always get away with these types of wrong doings.

just cause it says " travian staff can change the terms and condition anytime without prior notice"

doesn't mean they would bend the rules just cause my eyes are blue and not brown.

then again.. as always i bestow very little faith in them anyway..

in simple words: Failure to provide qualification medals: EPIC FAIL!
    Last edited by rikacomet; 19.03.2011 at 09:12.
    Live for the good people, not for the strong ones.

Teamlead Customer Service Phanttis's Avatar

Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by rikacomet View Post
    the point is, as soon as the server ended(x2) players should have got there medals.
    The original announcement said as follows:

"all players who manage to qualify for the final will receive a special medal showing the rank achieved on the qualification server. This medal is connected to the email address used to register on the qualification server and will be automatically created for in future accounts registered using the same email address."

---> Simply states 'will receive', no fixed dates.

In 'final championship server info' this was announced:

"Special medals?
    We are working on a system which enables accounts from finals / qualification rounds to receive *special* medals. Specifics are still unfixed - it can be that for example the medal code is valid in every server globally if you manage to get one. So you can brag with it everywhere. Anyway these medals are rare and details are still at design state."

---> Note 'specifics unfixed' and 'still at design state'. Again, no change to original announcement.

The medals will come - exactly as was announced - when the system has been coded and tested.

just cause it says " travian staff can change the terms and condition anytime without prior notice"
    doesn't mean they would bend the rules just cause my eyes are blue and not brown.
    It was definately not stated otherwise in the rules or terms & conditions. So maybe you want to show me in what way the rules have been changed, when even announcements never said anything about medals except that 'they will come' in the first place.

Your statement that we may change general terms & conditions or the rules has nothing to do with this case as there was never a rule or term or condition that stated "qualified players receive global medals at dd.mm.yyyy" or similar.

I searched for word 'medal' from both rules, and terms & conditions, and they do not contain that word at all... and never did.

i dont see why a federal court wont see this as a case of legitimate failure to provide services
    [...]
    travian can be legally forced to refund the money spent by players on X2.
    One epic fail right there. Have you even read the General Terms & Condition in the first place? Or how the 'service' is defined in terms you agreed?

Quote Originally Posted by General terms & Conditions
    Description of the service
    (1) The service of TRAVIAN GAMES consists in the provision of the websites of the
    game and the provision of the game itself. TRAVIAN GAMES offers the game to registered
    users free of charge in a manner that enables the game to be played; only the
    game itself is free of charge, the user is responsible for any additional costs (such as
    for the transmission of data, hardware and software). In addition, TRAVIAN GAMES
    offers credits subject to a charge for purchase by the user which entitle the user, at his
    discretion, to activate premium features which provide additional functions and possibilities
    for the game and might create advantages in the game and within the gaming
    activities. Credits only apply to the game and the game server and for the game account
    from which they were purchased. Credits cannot be exchanged or returned.
    Further
    details are provided on credits and premium features in 5-6.
    Regards,
    Phanttis
    You've got a question? You can find the answer here: T2.5/T3 Answers / T4 Answers / New User Moderation

Moderators work on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

For Travian: Legends support, please first take a look at answers. If you cannot find what you are looking for, use the in-game support request form or write in-game message to Support.

Travian: Legends global scoreboard

1. ok so since some cool hat said "shall recieve" its been so much time since the server ended

say what? shall waiting time is like next century? are you denying the fact that the players of X2 have full right to be angry right now cause of shortcomings on part of TG?

(6) TRAVIAN GAMES reserves the right to amend or supplement these Terms with effect
    for the future at any time if this should appear necessary
    (for example in order to
    adapt them to cater for the legal situation and legislation, to expand the spectrum of
    services of TRAVIAN GAMES etc.) and provided that this does not discriminate
    against the user in bad faith. The user shall be informed of any amendments to these
    Terms in a suitable manner by notification.
    here is it. yes i have read the old one as well as new one, in the old one it used to be the last para. they have revised it now, saying THEY SHALL BE INFORMED

now the way your going about those medals, same way it can be used here..

---> Simply states 'will receive', no fixed dates.
    guess what? 5 months after the terms and conditions were amended you get informed ?

Credits only apply to the game and the game server and for the game account
    from which they were purchased. Credits cannot be exchanged or returned
    as i said, most other companies would spend a effort to help the aggrieved customers and not just reply to a grump corner thread. For ex: One can bend the rules to increase the price of plus on X2, but not give any compensation to players.. who are being virtually cheated here by failure to get a system working in advance

all in all, TG should have had that system up and running before they announced the X2. its not BETA damn it! still there were like 5-6 months during the game, thats more than enough time to get a efficient system up and running?

was it or was it not understood by players of x2 that at the end of the round they will recieve it immediately (few days up or down?) and that trust have been mocked here
    Last edited by rikacomet; 19.03.2011 at 11:32.
    Live for the good people, not for the strong ones.

Teamlead Customer Service Phanttis's Avatar

1. ok so since some cool hat said "shall recieve" its been so much time since the server ended [...] shall waiting time is like next century?
    Rest of your post was totally invalid in this case, as there was no terms changed in the first place. Read my previous post again.

"The user shall be informed of any amendments to these Terms in a suitable manner." There has been no change in Terms. The information from forum threads are NOT an amendment to Terms. How could they be? A player can play the game (use the service) without reading the forum at all. Information in forum is simply what it is: information. It has nothing to do with Terms & Conditions.

shall waiting time is like next century?
    At the bottom of my previous post says, the medals will come when they will. End of story, nothing else has been stated.

was it or was it not understood by players of x2 that at the end of the round they will recieve it immediately (few days up or down?) and that trust have been mocked here
    Source of the official information that the medals will come immediately when round ends?
    Answer: Nope, there is no such source.

all in all, TG should have had that system up and running before they announced the X2.
    That is your totally personal opinion, nothing to do with Terms, Conditions or the Rules. Opinions are not basis for refunds like one you stated earlier.

Lock.

For Travian: Legends support, please first take a look at answers. If you cannot find what you are looking for, use the in-game support request form or write in-game message to Support.

Travian: Legends global scoreboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12