Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer of Gold

Thorned Warrior

Default Transfer of Gold

Due to a recent incident on com7 I feel the need to post a policy question here.

I know of many cases that have occurred where a player has an account, buys gold, and then for 1 reason or another deletes their account later on before spending all their gold.

When this happens they are e-mailed a link so that they can transfer the gold to another account if they'd like (as long as it is on the same domain such as the .coms)

Sometimes however, instead of putting the gold on another account owned by the same person, they may choose to give it as a gift to another player.

So here is my question, if player A deletes, is this player allowed to provide the transfer link to player B (in effect giving player B any remaining gold from player A's account)?

And if this allowed, wouldn't this mean player A is giving up any right of ownership over the gold?

If this is not allowed, what impact would it have on the game since this is something that happens frequently?

Natarian Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Tukster View Post
    Due to a recent incident on com7 I feel the need to post a policy question here.

I know of many cases that have occurred where a player has an account, buys gold, and then for 1 reason or another deletes their account later on before spending all their gold.

When this happens they are e-mailed a link so that they can transfer the gold to another account if they'd like (as long as it is on the same domain such as the .coms)

Sometimes however, instead of putting the gold on another account owned by the same person, they may choose to give it as a gift to another player.

So here is my question, if player A deletes, is this player allowed to provide the transfer link to player B (in effect giving player B any remaining gold from player A's account)?

And if this allowed, wouldn't this mean player A is giving up any right of ownership over the gold?

If this is not allowed, what impact would it have on the game since this is something that happens frequently?
    Yes, it is allowed to do that, because no one can know what your other account may be. When you transfer the gold you are asked to choose a server for that domain and then to enter the account's name to where you want to transfer your gold to. After you confirm the transaction the gold is gone and received to that account. You obviously lose the ownership of that gold. However the owner of the account where you sent your gold to is asked to confirm the receipt. He could choose to refuse the transaction if he wanted, though I never heard of that happening

when you delete, you get a link to give the gold to another account on the same or another server. It is up to you. So yes you can give it to another player on the same server. And when the gold is transferred, you transfer ownership of the gold. there is no indian giving. The new gold is ownership of the new accounts email, because only through that email can the gold be transferred again (if you have any left over after the server or before you delete)

remember that the gold you are given from the game through the task master and gold exchanged from silver is non-transferable.

Thorned Warrior

Perhaps I should rephrase, I know from a technical standpoint you can easily do it, but I mean based on the official rules are you allowed to. Because if you are allowed to then the admins should not be able to go into your account and remove all your gold 4 months after somebody gifted you gold by giving you the transfer link.

Thorned Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark View Post
    Yes, it is allowed to do that, because no one can know what your other account may be. When you transfer the gold you are asked to choose a server for that domain and then to enter the account's name to where you want to transfer your gold to. After you confirm the transaction the gold is gone and received to that account. You obviously lose the ownership of that gold. However the owner of the account where you sent your gold to is asked to confirm the receipt. He could choose to refuse the transaction if he wanted, though I never heard of that happening
    What if you don't know the source of that gold? Could be from stolen credits or things like that. It is best to be careful.

If you accept the GOLD then you better make sure it was legit GOLD or face the consquences.
    Afterall its all written down in the game rules and general agreements etc etc.
    Last edited by firestorm; 24.03.2011 at 20:55.

Thorned Warrior

The person who purchased the gold deletes their account and gives you the link for the remaining gold (and there is ample evidence to show it was a legit transfer.) Then 4 months later that person tells admin that they didn't really want to give the gold, their account (in game, skype, and e-mail) were hacked. Basically it was a setup but that is not my question, my question is regardless of if it can be done from a technical standpoint, is it allowed with the game rules to take your own gold transfer link, and give it to another player. And if that is allowed, wouldn't the gold then become the legal property of the person you gave the link to?

yeah thats a good question. If not then make a rule that gold can be transfered only to accounts on other servers registered from THAT SAME email address. Otherwise it sounds insane that guy can come and ask back his gold he transfered to another player....and he will be easily given it. There will be many cheaters after this s7 accident. If gold is transfered and he didnt have questions about it within one month....about what ownership of this gold can he talk in 4 months? and he cant prove his mail (where link came) was hacked...e-mail is not shown anywhere in players profile.

Natarian Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Tukster View Post
    The person who purchased the gold deletes their account and gives you the link for the remaining gold (and there is ample evidence to show it was a legit transfer.) Then 4 months later that person tells admin that they didn't really want to give the gold, their account (in game, skype, and e-mail) were hacked. Basically it was a setup but that is not my question, my question is regardless of if it can be done from a technical standpoint, is it allowed with the game rules to take your own gold transfer link, and give it to another player. And if that is allowed, wouldn't the gold then become the legal property of the person you gave the link to?
    If someone gave you the gold, then it's a done deal. Even so, if you spent it how can someone take it from you later... ? From what I know the action is irreversible. However, I think the gold could be recovered if the initial owner reports it right away... the chance of that happening is pretty slim though. There's no way for that gold to be recovered after that much time(several months like you say). Also the gold link doesn't last too long - from what I know you are asked to use it before that server is restarted. If the server restarts before you do the transfer you can pretty much kiss your gold goodbye and forget about it...
    Last edited by benchmark; 24.03.2011 at 22:22.

Thorned Warrior

Well there is a recent case (a very recent case) where someone "recovered" the gold after 3 months.

Check out the Server 7 embassy, you will note its closed.

Why is it closed, because quite number of players are up in arms about a WW account getting banned through no fault of its own.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast