Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: WW hammer reports

Guardsman

Bad target choice for last two, but may be next server.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapuo View Post
    Actually bad target choice for all of them as WW builds faster at lower levels, IMO, it was a hit to raise the morale of NŲ, other than that it's not a smart hit having the WW at a relatively low level.

Natarian Knight

Quote Originally Posted by hound dog View Post
    On our last server, parts of our EGH hung out in 97 villages. Many in our alliance were more than happy to give up some space for the troops. We did keep the siege close to home, however it still about 2 days to assemble the thing.
    It's kinda troublesome to keep it that much spread out, but perhaps it is also safer than using capitals - those tend to be hit more often...

Quote Originally Posted by Mapuo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoebus Apollo View Post
    Actually bad target choice for all of them as WW builds faster at lower levels, IMO, it was a hit to raise the morale of NŲ, other than that it's not a smart hit having the WW at a relatively low level.
    I find them to be really good hits - looks like NO threw everything they had at us, though imho it is also their last breath... mostly mini hammers remain now or hammers with low siege count which are not powerful enough to hit a WW.

These were some really powerful hammers and I am actually surprised that the WW is still standing, because it was not that much high in level... when it's at 70 or below, WW is quite fragile so to speak.

Now we can see what NO plan was. They thought Zirafa's hammer will knock out the WW in first go or at least get in to a really low level level, like 30 or something like that. 1 month later, when WW would have been high enough, they would bust it out again using zirafa's rammer and the other hammers they had. This also mean that was their only rammer good enough to take out the wall. If not so, they would not have saved it for a later use.

weel i see the ranking. MTK's ww villages just at the end of the list. so, bad, or good, but those hammers gave some handicap for Ultima.

I find them to be really good hits - looks like NO threw everything they had at us, though imho it is also their last breath... mostly mini hammers remain now or hammers with low siege count which are not powerful enough to hit a WW.

These were some really powerful hammers and I am actually surprised that the WW is still standing, because it was not that much high in level... when it's at 70 or below, WW is quite fragile so to speak.

Now we can see what NO plan was. They thought Zirafa's hammer will knock out the WW in first go or at least get in to a really low level level, like 30 or something like that. 1 month later, when WW would have been high enough, they would bust it out again using zirafa's rammer and the other hammers they had. This also mean that was their only rammer good enough to take out the wall. If not so, they would not have saved it for a later use.
    I must respectfully disagree with this analysis. As to the claim that this was NO's last breath, I have to think that they have at least 1 or 2 more real WW armies hidden away. When everyone was complaining about the rollback, NO said that they had a plan to win the server. Since Elcid was/is ahead of Cobra Commander's WW, this implies that they had hammers set aside to deal with a second WW attack. I know that they used a few "new" ones in this most recent attack, but those alone could not have put Elcid out of commission. Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but i believe my enemies south of the border still have some cards up their sleeves.

As for Zirafa being their only decent rammer, I think this again is unlikely for the same reason: They had a 100% chance of needing to attack other WWs in the future. After Zirafa's first WW attack (fantastic armies btw), the decision was made to save his rammer for later when launching for the post-rollback strike. This isn't necessarily due to lack of hammers in storage, just a bit of overconfidence in the ability of the cata monster to do its job.
    ***Disclaimer: I don't actually know why the rammer wasn't sent on the second go, its possible that the second round of server glitches screwed up his launch or something. Either way, I think my logic still stands that there is probably other hammers down there.

I am quite pleased that the Cobra team has put the deletion crap aside and will finish the server, I am still looking forward to a few good weeks of fighting. I hope both sides have their game-faces on because the server is not as hopeless as everyone is making it out to be.

Good luck to both sides,
    Wayne (1/2 of Red Ketchup)

lol...

It can't be proven, but it is likely that EVENT JAM rollbacks were done purposely to allow MTK his WW back with time to prepare for what he now knew would befall and destroy them. They were shocked to realize that they could actually lose so they again pulled out their back up plan to pull strings with people they knew in Admin. The server was rigged and we blew our money on a deck of cards that was stacked against us.
    http://ts10.travian.com/allianz.php?aid=5083

Animis opibusque parati
    Latest server: SGC @ com1 - http://i.imgur.com/PDGiaoa.jpg | Current: Retired

Natarian Knight

Quote Originally Posted by wayne dalsh View Post
    I must respectfully disagree with this analysis. As to the claim that this was NO's last breath, I have to think that they have at least 1 or 2 more real WW armies hidden away. When everyone was complaining about the rollback, NO said that they had a plan to win the server. Since Elcid was/is ahead of Cobra Commander's WW, this implies that they had hammers set aside to deal with a second WW attack. I know that they used a few "new" ones in this most recent attack, but those alone could not have put Elcid out of commission. Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but i believe my enemies south of the border still have some cards up their sleeves.

As for Zirafa being their only decent rammer, I think this again is unlikely for the same reason: They had a 100% chance of needing to attack other WWs in the future. After Zirafa's first WW attack (fantastic armies btw), the decision was made to save his rammer for later when launching for the post-rollback strike. This isn't necessarily due to lack of hammers in storage, just a bit of overconfidence in the ability of the cata monster to do its job.
    ***Disclaimer: I don't actually know why the rammer wasn't sent on the second go, its possible that the second round of server glitches screwed up his launch or something. Either way, I think my logic still stands that there is probably other hammers down there.

I am quite pleased that the Cobra team has put the deletion crap aside and will finish the server, I am still looking forward to a few good weeks of fighting. I hope both sides have their game-faces on because the server is not as hopeless as everyone is making it out to be.

Good luck to both sides,
    Wayne (1/2 of Red Ketchup)
    I guess this remains to be seen... however, past attacks have shown EaD WWs to be considerably weaker than Ultima's, hence they could have assumed those could be brought down with lesser hammers.

Quote Originally Posted by wishmaster3 View Post
    Taken directly from their profile:

"Daimon: nothing was lost from Database,
    and even if they lost the data or had a bug..they can save it,
    i work in this field and i know it's easy.
    export / import tables from database, a kid can do it, or u can learn how on youtube.
    the problem was in the coding (.php files),
    but they also could simply edit the coding in the .php file and replace it in no time."

No one said anything about the database having lost any data, but to me it looks like it may have become corrupt due to events being processes out of synch and/or the fact that their fix failed. Of course this is a supposition as well, but I think it's closer to what happened. Maybe a member of the staff could provide a more technical explanation for us in this regard.

Thorned Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark View Post
    It's kinda troublesome to keep it that much spread out, but perhaps it is also safer than using capitals - those tend to be hit more often...
    Hard to recall, but I believe we housed some of the troops in 6 capitals. But you're correct, it is difficult to protect the hammer troops in the capitals of accounts you don't sit. If we house in capitals, we make sure that the people helping are highly active and know to send the troops home if they come under fire. Siege is a different story. We tend to keep a close eye on the cats

Natarian Knight

Quote Originally Posted by hound dog View Post
    Hard to recall, but I believe we housed some of the troops in 6 capitals. But you're correct, it is difficult to protect the hammer troops in the capitals of accounts you don't sit. If we house in capitals, we make sure that the people helping are highly active and know to send the troops home if they come under fire. Siege is a different story. We tend to keep a close eye on the cats
    Yes, I'm thinking that one can keep the siege in capitals where he is also sitter so that he has control over what happens and house some of the troops in capitals where they don't also sit for and it's more risky.

Thorned Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark View Post
    Yes, I'm thinking that one can keep the siege in capitals where he is also sitter so that he has control over what happens and house some of the troops in capitals where they don't also sit for and it's more risky.
    yes, and you really have to plan. You do not want your siege days away from the account, and you have to be prepared for the return of any pieces of the hammer at any given time. It is a very interesting challenge, especially since large hammers who hold artifacts are usually under attack 24/7.

Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast