Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 442

Thread: WW hammer reports

  1. #291
    Natarian Knight
    Join Date
    30.10.2010
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hound dog View Post
    yes, and you really have to plan. You do not want your siege days away from the account, and you have to be prepared for the return of any pieces of the hammer at any given time. It is a very interesting challenge, especially since large hammers who hold artifacts are usually under attack 24/7.
    I think that's the hardest part and also the main reason one would need garages. You can't store that much offense and also have a good amount of deff as well... so you get rid of you non productive units(siege) and raid as much as you can to grab resources and convert them to crop. It's even better to use multiple villages with GGs and GWs so you can have something like a buffer of resources in case something happens. Now, heavy raiding combined with the rally point issue makes it a real challenge in case of attacks

  2. #292
    Thorned Warrior flabox's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.08.2008
    Posts
    35

    Default

    this forum is a nice read
    everyone flaming around the rollback, as it was THE reason why NO is loosing the server.
    Perhaps some stats may be helpful to consider things under a real perspective:

    The largest alliances:
    1. UltimaOF 54 13301 718258
    2. Ultima K 57 10619 605268
    3. Ultima M 58 10308 597872
    4. Ultima N 55 9257 509131
    5. NŲ-V 44 11187 492232

    The best alliances (off)
    1. UltimaOF 54 144403 7797736
    2. ™ 21 198950 4177958
    3. EaD 28 100685 2819181
    4. NŲ-B 33 84782 2797814
    5. NŲ-III 43 52350 2251034

    The best alliances (def)
    1. UnitedWW 5 3211980 16059900
    2. NŲ 6 1071068 6426408
    3. ™ 21 142766 2998093
    4. UltimaOF 54 26306 1420542
    5. WDW 54 25246 1363265


    ..not to mention the fact UnitedWW owns 5 WW out of 6.

    Now, it is true that the 2nd attempt (after the rollback) brought one (1) WW to lv40 (dont remember exactly) instead than 0.
    But those numbers above aren't the results of the rollback. Those number shows a server where Ultima players played this server better than their opponents.
    For those reasons they have the right to enjoy their (deserved) victory.

    Nams

  3. #293
    Natarian Knight lews's Avatar
    Join Date
    17.01.2009
    Posts
    1,554

    Default

    For all NO players,

    Nobody forced you to send a ridiculous amount of fakes at the WWs. You knew how bad the t4 rally points were before you decided to launch. You would have to be incredibly stupid not to know, as that's been one of the biggest complaints about t4. So stop complaining about a problem you caused in the first place. If NO hadn't tried to take advantage of awful rally points, a rollback would not have occurred. Time to start facing reality: You've lost this server through your own incompetence, not due to the actions of any admins. I've never seen an alliance so bad that they have 15 wings and can't defend a WW. And you really think the server rollback is the reason you're going to lose, after that and so many other fiascoes?

    Also, Wolfie has no personal spies in NO. Wolfie has done so well against NO because NO is awful. I think that's all that needs to be said on that subject.
    ninjaplatypi -s8 2012- Infamous DC
    Ad Astra -s2 2013- Infamous DC
    Popsiclepadawan -s6 2015- Infamous DC

  4. #294
    Thorned Warrior
    Join Date
    31.10.2009
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark View Post
    I think that's the hardest part and also the main reason one would need garages. You can't store that much offense and also have a good amount of deff as well... so you get rid of you non productive units(siege) and raid as much as you can to grab resources and convert them to crop. It's even better to use multiple villages with GGs and GWs so you can have something like a buffer of resources in case something happens. Now, heavy raiding combined with the rally point issue makes it a real challenge in case of attacks
    To be honest, we hate raiding.. well, it is actually that we are too lazy to raid. So if you are not going to raid, you need to properly build your account from the beginning and stay focused on your goals. T4 has made raiding easier, but still, we are lazy The key here is establishing friendships so that when the time comes, people will help out with housing some troops.

    For all NO players,

    Nobody forced you to send a ridiculous amount of fakes at the WWs.
    Based on my reading of the forum, it appears that the Ultima folks started the spamming of the rally points, so they are as much to blame for the event jam as the NO people. It appears that the NO people are just better at spamming the rally point than the Ultima people are.

  5. #295
    Axerider aZameGa's Avatar
    Join Date
    18.01.2010
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hound dog View Post
    Based on my reading of the forum, it appears that the Ultima folks started the spamming of the rally points, so they are as much to blame for the event jam as the NO people. It appears that the NO people are just better at spamming the rally point than the Ultima people are.
    1. please look again, if anything "based on whats written on forum" Ultima was last! and even then, most of our allies refused to do such "foolish" things, despite the fact that enemy was gaining significant advantage due to spamming our RP. Actually, they destroyed this idea in skype room! So there wasn't much participation in that regard from Ultima!

    2. the claim NO made that EaD started it, yet to be confirmed/proved!

    3. Although, your post is not valid, the statement "It appears that the NO people are just better at spamming the rally point than the Ultima people are." can not be more correct! ... what do you call that ... a paradox?


    P.S. Lets not add anymore confusion to the situation... Thx

  6. #296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aZameGa View Post
    1. please look again, if anything "based on whats written on forum" Ultima was last! and even then, most of our allies refused to do such "foolish" things, despite the fact that enemy was gaining significant advantage due to spamming our RP. Actually, they destroyed this idea in skype room! So there wasn't much participation in that regard from Ultima!
    I believe that whomever thought about it is smart and creative as it was a brilliant idea (spamming with farm list), it was the perfect smoke screen as it totally jammed the RP, the only draw back that it caused the events system to error out.

    If it has no effect on the server performance, I'd be definitely using it.

  7. #297

    Default

    interesting question, who will win. Ultima actually at low levels with all of its wws, in a great drawback.. EaD ww is the first but they have got no hits... untill now. only one NO ww is still alive and it is on he second place whilst it is already had bombarded back.

    question is: how many plans have the UltimaWW? if only two, Ultima has to wait targeting Elcid untill their last moments... tricky question. NO will wait to hit Elcid untill the last moments too, they is just behind of EaD. some of big hammers already had been used.

  8. #298
    Natarian Knight lews's Avatar
    Join Date
    17.01.2009
    Posts
    1,554

    Default

    Spamming WW rally points is sort of "smart", but definitely not creative. It's a strategy that's been used dozens, if not hundreds, of times, probably on every domain imaginable. It was a pain in the butt with the "good" pre-t4 RPs (I know because trying to open busy WW RPs with thousands of incoming attacks has crashed my browser quite a few times), but the addition of complex heroes and whatever other changes they've made to RP coding has made this "strategy" impossible. So, if you don't want rollbacks, don't spam anything with fakes.

    As an interesting aside, not one of the server winning alliances I've played with has utilized spamming WWs with thousands of fakes as a strategy. If you've got an upper hand and/or good planning, you don't need to resort to anything like that. It seems more of a strategy borne upon desperation to me (for some reason, the alliances that are always about to lose seem to think it's a good idea).
    ninjaplatypi -s8 2012- Infamous DC
    Ad Astra -s2 2013- Infamous DC
    Popsiclepadawan -s6 2015- Infamous DC

  9. #299
    Thorned Warrior
    Join Date
    31.10.2009
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aZameGa View Post
    1. please look again, if anything "based on whats written on forum" Ultima was last! and even then, most of our allies refused to do such "foolish" things, despite the fact that enemy was gaining significant advantage due to spamming our RP. Actually, they destroyed this idea in skype room! So there wasn't much participation in that regard from Ultima!

    2. the claim NO made that EaD started it, yet to be confirmed/proved!

    3. Although, your post is not valid, the statement "It appears that the NO people are just better at spamming the rally point than the Ultima people are." can not be more correct! ... what do you call that ... a paradox?


    P.S. Lets not add anymore confusion to the situation... Thx
    I could say the same thing about the validity of your post. You say they did it, they say you did it. Someone blames EaD, we all blame travian.. it is indeed a paradox..

  10. #300
    Thorned Warrior
    Join Date
    11.09.2010
    Posts
    33

    Default

    i hate to sound bad but in a few days can NO alliance please share me the 4 attacker that hit the NO's ww i would like to know what kind of damages my hammer did. sorry just for record thats not poking or joking about NO. just asking to see a full report when the time is cool.

    thanks Don

Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. hammer on 15c
    By Mr. Zeny in forum General
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 18.02.2011, 16:43
  2. WW Hammer Reports - All
    By rikacomet in forum Politics & diplomacy - World 3
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 19.07.2010, 18:14
  3. Hammer
    By Dudu in forum Gameplay questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16.02.2010, 19:10
  4. Hammer
    By rfc_sa in forum Gameplay questions
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09.03.2009, 00:13
  5. Hammer
    By rfc_sa in forum Gameplay questions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22.02.2009, 19:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •