Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Holidays

i will talk to the PEC guys now about this.
    Priapus Proud leader of SOT S6 2009
    Priapus alliance LEMURS-F S8 2010
    TheNoobs alliance Reload S7 2010

There are a lot of various alliances now in the SW quad who have created break off alliances and would also need to be notified to see if they will comply.

VENOM DK

I have a message out to the =815= alliance to see if they will comply but no word back yet.
    REVO...One...SEC...The Colony ¿³ x 4 rounds
    SG-GL...grid

time is pretty much running out on this its now the 22nd, pretty much if there isnt a commitment within the next 24hrs then I dont see this as happening.

After speaking to all alliance leaders in the NW they are all committed to this, provided the entire NE commits. WC which is the primary offensive wing for NE has yet to commit though TNT and OTF have.

We need to **** or get off the pot on this because word needs to be sent out to avoid mistakes and to make sure members know whats expected of them.

Meet Assery; The pot smoking, beer guzzling Mascot of DA® who shoots fire from his arse!

With the greatest respect Bronx, i dont believe this truce needs the co operation of all to work. It just needs a little goodwill from most. NsEU have indicated they will abide by a truce, as have OTF. I pick those two by way of example but there are many more. There has been a wall of silence from 815 etc. DA can choose to join it, or not. Presenting pre-conditions to join the truce such as

I can go along with this but it needs to include all wings WC, OTF and TNT and it would also have to apply to those players who are hidden support/ confeds.
    seem to me simply to be throwing up unnecessary obstacles as well as indefineable pre-conditions. Exactly who are these hidden accounts you speak of. How exactly does one police such. Am i to contact every non aligned in the NE, or maybe the map and secure their agreement? To suggest, as you do, that everyone must be compliant for you to sign up can certainly be a position you hold with respect to your wing, but that does not effect the decisions of how others may choose to act during the christmas period.

The bottom line is this, those who have signed up to it I expect will keep to it. those who havent, will not. Maybe sufficient will not sign up to it so you can have a little ding-dong with those who would rather wage war over christmas than chill with their families. Or maybe you can simply attack those who have signed up to it. Its a game, no one is holding a gun at your head here. Simply do as your own honour dictates you should

and have a merry holiday season

-c

Quote Originally Posted by e&c View Post
    With the greatest respect Bronx, i dont believe this truce needs the co operation of all to work. It just needs a little goodwill from most. NsEU have indicated they will abide by a truce, as have OTF. I pick those two by way of example but there are many more. There has been a wall of silence from 815 etc. DA can choose to join it, or not. Presenting pre-conditions to join the truce such as

seem to me simply to be throwing up unnecessary obstacles as well as indefineable pre-conditions. Exactly who are these hidden accounts you speak of. How exactly does one police such. Am i to contact every non aligned in the NE, or maybe the map and secure their agreement? To suggest, as you do, that everyone must be compliant for you to sign up can certainly be a position you hold with respect to your wing, but that does not effect the decisions of how others may choose to act during the christmas period.

The bottom line is this, those who have signed up to it I expect will keep to it. those who havent, will not. Maybe sufficient will not sign up to it so you can have a little ding-dong with those who would rather wage war over christmas than chill with their families. Or maybe you can simply attack those who have signed up to it. Its a game, no one is holding a gun at your head here. Simply do as your own honour dictates you should

and have a merry holiday season

-c
    The issue I see is that while yes TNT and OTF have signed on for the truce WC is the main offensive arm in the NE. Now if WC doesnt sign on and does strikes then most assuredly if retaliation attacks for those strikes are sent then for sure defense will come from TNT and OTF accounts to those WC players and limiting those retaliation strikes simply to those who actually performed the attacks would funnel hammers into a few locations and make defense childs play.

As for a clue as to who your untagged players are a real easy start would be those players who have been granted use of NE artifacts, alliances like 3.6 and RIT who have done coordinated attacks with WOT in the past. Knightswhosay who is part of the NE leadership. Basically thats who im talking about. If you want a complete list I can mail it to you.

All im saying is that we should either all be committed to this or not. I have no problem either way, we have never had a Christmas truce before but im willing to support it provided everyone supports it.

I dont think thats being unreasonable at all.

Meet Assery; The pot smoking, beer guzzling Mascot of DA® who shoots fire from his arse!

Quote Originally Posted by bronx View Post
    The issue I see is that while yes TNT and OTF have signed on for the truce WC is the main offensive arm in the NE. Now if WC doesnt sign on and does strikes then most assuredly if retaliation attacks for those strikes are sent then for sure defense will come from TNT and OTF accounts to those WC players and limiting those retaliation strikes simply to those who actually performed the attacks would funnel hammers into a few locations and make defense childs play.

As for a clue as to who your untagged players are a real easy start would be those players who have been granted use of NE artifacts, alliances like 3.6 and RIT who have done coordinated attacks with WOT in the past. Knightswhosay who is part of the NE leadership. Basically thats who im talking about. If you want a complete list I can mail it to you.

All im saying is that we should either all be committed to this or not. I have no problem either way, we have never had a Christmas truce before but im willing to support it provided everyone supports it.

Hi Bronx

As the other dual here on c&e let me respond personally and not for OTF or WTO.

I am going to be online over Christmas. I will miss playing fully with my troops over the 3 day period. But for me it is a matter of honour to not take undue advantage of my opponents nor to expect too much of my team mates. I recognise that a great many people will be taking time with their families. So asking them to be here to do DC work, to be active sitters or to look after incoming is simply not fair play in my opinion. And it is only my opinion. I have played on servers with Christmas truce and most without. And it has cost me nothing to opt out of attacking in those three days and has been far pleasanter for everyone when there has been a truce.

I do not believe my dual was actually asking for a list. Not all untagged players in the NE are connected to us. Some are even hostile. But it is not like we have the time or the will to write to each one in the quadrant much less the server and get their agreement. I would expect any untagged members who are actually connected to a participant wing in the truce, from any quad, to keep to the terms of the truce. I even suspect that many who are truly unaligned will also keep their troops home over the holidays. But again we can not force anyone. Nor would we wish to. This is not about power or orders but about good will during a major holiday period for assorted faiths and countries.

So while I respect the wish of any group who wishes to keep fighting at this time I do think it is a bit curmudgeonly and perhaps foolish. After all many have agreed to the truce and many DCs and defense players will be away. So you are right. You can choose to attack the NE over the truce period and accounts that are online might send defense over to stop your grinchy troops assuming the attacked player can find any of them. Similarly any OTF or TnT players who do not respect the truce are likely to stand out in the silence heading at the SW and as such assuredly die horrific deaths. And if for some reason the attacking army gets through the attacker can congratulate himself on finding an account whose owner was with his or her family instead of minding the travian store. Not what I would consider a good kill but hey, everyone gets their jollies in different ways.

As for fakes -- OTF players have been told to not respond at this time to any fakes they get. That can keep for 3 days. Our goal is to not have any red swords on our opponents overview during the period. I can not promise that will happen but I hopefully have helped limit it by getting my own team to agree. Not that they needed much convincing, they are a great group of players.

So that is my appeal to you and any other group that has not yet found it in their hearts to sign up for 3 days of peace. I do earnestly hope that you, and the others, have enough goodwill to the rest of your fellow travian players to consider it. And if you do not you can still rest easy knowing that many of us will not be attacking you. I hope you can at least accept that gift in the manner in which it is given.

May peace be with you and all whom you love, and indeed the entire world.
    Merry Christmas
    -e

Quote Originally Posted by bronx View Post

I don't know. What sounds reasonable to me is not winning the Douche of the Server award for being the one (or two) alliances that break the largely agreed upon truce. That should count for something. Thing is, your troops are still going to need fed. It's not like people are going to be able to walk completely away from their accounts. The truce spreads a little goodwill by making what could be a hellish three days all around go down a little easier for the people keeping the home fires lit.

Quote Originally Posted by MmHm View Post
    I don't know. What sounds reasonable to me is not winning the Douche of the Server award for being the one (or two) alliances that break the largely agreed upon truce. That should count for something.
    Damn you, damn you damn you!!! Would you please stop making better posts than me!!!! I am going to find you and send cata at you! Simply cause you are too clever! =)

hmm -- it *might* have to wait until the 27th.

-e

ps -- but I did find this lovely award we can hand out

Last edited by e&c; 22.12.2011 at 04:32. Reason: I found pics!

provided there are no red swords coming from the NE to the NW, there will be no red swords coming at the NE from the NW. Im not trying to be scrooge here im sure everyone would like to enjoy a good time for the holidays with friends and family.

Thorned Warrior

WC has discussed this and will agree to the christmas peace as long as no reals land on us during the truce period
    s1: 2008 Mrs T 2010 Godfather
    s2: 2009 McClane
    s6: 2009 Hiro http://www.travian-reports.net/us/ra...id=86589660e3d
    http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8200/vip2.png

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast