Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting stuff

Re the proxy thing, if one particular country has rules which means to play the game you can only access via a proxy site, then players in said country would have to go that route to plasy a .com server. I think Ouzo has realised that Bully, on reflection.
    2012/13 - au4 Dr Feelgood, com7 Ruthless
    2011 - usx Once Upon A Time, s6 Ozzfest, Champ Dr Feelgood
    2010 - S1 Dr Feelgood, S6 Hamper, x2 DrFeelgood

Quote Originally Posted by No-obody View Post
    Re the proxy thing, if one particular country has rules which means to play the game you can only access via a proxy site, then players in said country would have to go that route to plasy a .com server. I think Ouzo has realised that Bully, on reflection.
    Agreed
    But how often is that I wonder. I had a dual from China and I know they block a lot of sites. Anyhoo. If all those accounts are active with their original players they just need to work it out with the MH and they will decide what punishment (if any) needs to be handed out. if they do not have there original owners then we can guess that the Bann is justified.
    Priapus Proud leader of SOT S6 2009
    Priapus alliance LEMURS-F S8 2010
    TheNoobs alliance Reload S7 2010

Thorned Warrior

Yes, that is true.
    But those countries are kind of rare these days.
    And if we think how much peoples are using proxy to get advantage in Travian, I think that is much more logical option.
    Don't think all of those players are suddenly from countries that don't allow to play travian.

Well, not that much of a rarity... Previous com 2 server Kirin (mainly Chinese alliance) played. The end of the story was their 2 winning WWs (qued lvl 100) got deleted, and bunch of accounts deleted and massacre (like more then 100) due to proxy issues.
    com5 - Sparky

I am a bit confused here as I have never needed to use any proxy's during my servers.

With the group of players that was banned due to this, does it mean they all reside in the same country or just happened to use the same proxy service??(I will have to google that as I am in the dark but will educate myself)

If they are from the same country will that connect all these players together and expose spies???
    REVO...One...SEC...The Colony ¿³ x 4 rounds
    SG-GL...grid

Axerider

I think all those who do not act within the confines of the travian rule book should be banned forever. The rules are set. Abide by them or leave. I, for one, do not and have not used proxy servers, and I think those that do should quit and find a dual or a better sitter. I for one have no one else that can send attacks, and I feel by playing within the confines of the rules make my accomplishments even more rewarding for myself.

Leading a 20 player alliance that won an entire server, never used proxies, kept within the confines of the rule book, and still won the server just makes our legacy more justified.

Cheaters will always be cheaters. Too each his own, but for those that know they have not cheated just makes their efforts even more rewarding.

BTW proxies are used to hide/mask IP addresses, Nothing more. If anyone tells you different they are just plain lying period!!!

Yme
    2 of 3

The first Loners

Quote Originally Posted by Yme View Post
    I think all those who do not act within the confines of the travian rule book should be banned forever. The rules are set. Abide by them or leave. I, for one, do not and have not used proxy servers, and I think those that do should quit and find a dual or a better sitter. I for one have no one else that can send attacks, and I feel by playing within the confines of the rules make my accomplishments even more rewarding for myself.

Leading a 20 player alliance that won an entire server, never used proxies, kept within the confines of the rule book, and still won the server just makes our legacy more justified.

Cheaters will always be cheaters. Too each his own, but for those that know they have not cheated just makes their efforts even more rewarding.

BTW proxies are used to hide/mask IP addresses, Nothing more. If anyone tells you different they are just plain lying period!!!

Yme
    I think all this is relative. As is in life. We all broke the rules at some point in some way. Whether by using proxys, conquering an ally's villages, farming our own allies, having insulting stuff on our profiles or whatever, at some point we all did something that can be considered breaking the rules. Now, breaking the rules and cheating are two different things all together. Cheating is breaking the rules constantly for a long period of time. That I would punish harshly too. But bending the rules of the game for some situations is something we all do in our daily lives and it applies in game as well. That is not punishable because even in our daily lives that is sometimes something we need to do and even admire people who do it. Rules are meant to be broken, not trampled upon.
    The secret of getting ahead is getting started.

propaghandi

You are correct
    Having never used proxies myself and having had my account hacked before while facing the same enemy (as well as several alliance members who were also hacked) when I saw that 2 of my 4 member group was all the sudden banned and accused of having same ip as 18 other mostly enemy accounts right in the middle of our operation tp steal the ww I may have reacted a bit too fast without having fully analyzed the situation
    I still don't know the full truth of the matter but to be honest I don't much care, if people want to cheat to feel good about being part of a meta that denies that they are part of it and promisses them no recognition at the end should the sw ww win then so be it, all 815 seem to want to do is prevent any se ww from being built who am I to say this is not a valid strategy I guess they fully buy into the notion that sw is a better quad and as such their only option is to kiss their a$$ in the hopes that the sw will throw them a bone at the end when it has been said numerous times that sw do not intend to confed or recognize any out of quad alliance, I would personally find more enjoyment in losing a good battle then cheating to win or not win as this is the case here but as I said everyone has a different goal, I have had a blast playing this server whatever happens I will be able to look back fondly on my experience here and I think most of my allies will agree, none of my allies has had reason to complain of boredom or lack of things to do, my goal from the begining was to have fun this is why I refused to join ptt this is why I rebuilt from almost o pop I find a challenge more fun then taking the easy way out, but there is also the saying that 'im having fun when im winning' and for some winning is what its all about who am I to say this is not right

just want to add if I have upset u, made u laugh, impressed you, depressed you, whatever the case may be and you wish to get back at me or join me in my antics please register for the upcoming s3 classic v2.5 you will have plenty of oportunity to do whatever you wish to do there even if you do not intend to play the whole server I encourage you to still sign up and show your support for classic travian I know everyone can always use an extra farm or two in the event that you do not intend to play the entire server

Lizz

Quote Originally Posted by Dead!y F!ame View Post
    Chill out i don't bite and just in case i don't have any problem with you
    I love you, that was just for fun. We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is comapatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in a mutual weirdness and call it love. *kiss*

Just FYI? A MH will NOT give you the names of multi-players. They will tell you accounts are banned but they will give no outside info on why.

Meet Assery; The pot smoking, beer guzzling Mascot of DA® who shoots fire from his arse!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast