Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Margitorix?

propaghandi

Quote Originally Posted by slightly buzzed View Post
    Dark horse winner -- NSEU
    DA has the most hammers in the game and it's not close. They have def wings. NSEU has their own armies, offense and defense, and DND are their personal deffers. Robinhood268 has Little John as personal deffer (and probably other multi-merry men) and has simmed two armies, and just dented one.

See, Dave, this is why a 3-1 is difficult for the 1, and I don't get how you don't see this. YOU aren't policing three quads to knock back their armies. YOU and YOUR leaders and people in the NW and SE have just decided to do nothing in order to grow unchecked, and WE have to fight THEM ALL. It's fun, but unfair. That you have any reaction other than shame and boredom is confusing. You're just ridiculing us for commenting on the volume of work we have in front of us while your side's volume of work is minuscule comparatively.
    That the 3 quads have varying degrees of skill, coordination, interest and participation doesn't change anything... a chainsaw doesn't judge the tree.

And if those idiot noobs you play with weren't so focused on simming the whole entire game, YOU could be hitting NSEU to WIN for your side. Instead Phoenix and Bertie shook hands with the whole server in the first week and did nothing more. Seems like more than a few people in the first weeks of the game down there should have found a pair and made some tough decisions.

Tell me truthfully, how many on your side would ever play for Phoenix again? Nobody?
    Didn't Bertemus write 15,000 words previously on how he's got the business acumen of Jack Welch and the military stategery chops of George Patton? It shows. You're all so lucky to take orders from such an accomplished mind.

How badly will Phoenix' head explode when NSEU wins?

100% agree however the nw needs to get a good coordinator in place to make good use of those armies they got one by one suicide splat on ww at different times will not win the game, so far the nw has suffered from a lack of proper organization more then anything else

Thorned Warrior

Where them hammers at.
    Every now and then The Reader becomes The Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Final Word View Post
    In the final days of the server, I'd also like to propose an all-quads chat just to get to know our opponents and answer any burning questions people may have about the server. Yes, there is the forums as well, but doesn't seem to bring in as wide an audience (I'm looking at you, 815).
    I'm a fan of all server chats where people agree to leave bitterness at the door and only talk about past hits. As I recall I met you in one such chat on one of the bitterest servers ever where my quad was effectively working with 2 others to destroy yours in an "anyone but them" mindset. How little things change. And yet I got to meet many wonderful people that way.

I also agree with your other point. The other quads have hammers that only need to be launched once. I suspect that this will not be a very long wonder race and agree with the poster who suggests that NSEU has a good shot at this. That WTO has put up this much resistance should be seen as a good thing for both our opponents, who now have someone to fight, and to our own team who have the fun of working together on on least project.

@FMD -- in regards to the so called "hidden deffers". Their approximate number was given by mungo ages ago. They are welcome to take on a WTO tag at any time. No one will force them to take a tag if they do not wish it. (In fact if mungo wants an invite to OTF I might be able to make that happen, then WC will finally have their spy inside.) That some people like to play outside of the alliance tag is not at all unusual. It is especially common amongst tired eccentric veterans of which we have a fair number

For those people in other quads who are bored or otherwise not having a good time I suggest you use the last few weeks to get the best fun out of it you can. Do not blame the NE for being active. We are no better or worse at this game than you. Many of us made a conscious decision to have fun with our armies. Having fun with a group helps maintain activity. It did not work for everyone. Some people left same as every quad. Deadly Flame suggests that we did not do as well diplomatically and I am not entirely sure I agree. We certainly did not cozy up to anyone but then again we did not want to. We wanted to have maximum number of targets so as to not hamper our options on whom to hit. That is clearly not the only diplomatic choice one can make but it is a valid choice and I hope others in the NE have enjoyed the range of targets that decision afforded us. It likely would have been more interesting for all if the other quads had also taken similar stances but they did not and that is a good and valid choice as well. We are not responsible for the fun or lack of it in other quads. We have met aggression with aggression as befits a war game. We have worked together to defend our villages as befits a team game. Nothing we have done to you has prevented you from doing the same.

I for one am ready to be done and am truly happy for whomever gets the wonder up to 100 first, though of course our efforts will be to support Mextli as best as we are able. I have met some nice people and had some good times. I am grateful to have played with my dual in a setting where he could exercise some of his skills. Its been fun for me to watch.

Blessings to all
    -e (and mmhm -- I love you pookie)

It's fun, but unfair.
    It just dawned on me that I wrote that. That's not at all correct.
    Certainly it's fair. You all can choose to play the game any way you want. It's all within the rules.
    I think I meant to say that it creates an imbalanced, sort of unnatural, gaming environment.

@ e of c&e

I didn't meant it as a bad thing, I love that diplomatic decision i really do and i believe the diplomacy we took is the one and only option i would've liked to see, losing in diplomacy was not my point of view but from the non NE quad's point of view, for me we won in diplomacy as well
    s7 FWE & Crusaders - s7 Defiance
    s5 Spectre - s1 MH tc6 WC - ts7 MC
    tc3 Flesh L!ght

Quote Originally Posted by e&c View Post

We certainly did not cozy up to anyone but then again we did not want to. We wanted to have maximum number of targets so as to not hamper our options on whom to hit. That is clearly not the only diplomatic choice one can make but it is a valid choice and I hope others in the NE have enjoyed the range of targets that decision afforded us. It likely would have been more interesting for all if the other quads had also taken similar stances but they did not and that is a good and valid choice as well. We are not responsible for the fun or lack of it in other quads. We have met aggression with aggression as befits a war game. We have worked together to defend our villages as befits a team game. Nothing we have done to you has prevented you from doing the same.

-e (and mmhm -- I love you pookie)
    First I want to make clear that the post I'm about to write is not directed at e of c&e specifically but more of a general shout out to anyone it might concern.

As much as I respect people's wishes and choice to play in this fashion, in my opinion it goes against the spirit of the game. For me at least, this game is and have always been about including, getting to know and working together with unknown and new players, not gather together in a little click where you have to know someone to get in and is pretty much screwed if you happen to spawn in the wrong quadrant and do not.

I think this is especially important to keep in mind (hmm this might be a bit late now) since this may be the last t3.6 version and many came here to support it for that reason. This strategy has the opposite effect. I just hope that, if there will be more version like this one in the future, this is a trend that won't continue. If it does continue, I fear it will greatly contribute to the end of this version.

Remember when you first started playing this game? What if you had spawned in a quadrant where you had no prospects of working together with others in a meaningful manner, no possibility to join and support a major alliance, no one to take you in and teach you about the game, would you continue to play this game?

In short, the point I'm trying to get through is that, the game being as it is, perhaps some people should spend some time to think about how their actions affects things on a larger scale.

Disclaimer: I'm in no way blaming you for the demise of this version, that one's on travian games. It is, however, in my opinion a contributing factor.

Dark horse winner -- NSEU
    DA has the most hammers in the game and it's not close. They have def wings. NSEU has their own armies, offense and defense, and DND are their personal deffers. Robinhood268 has Little John as personal deffer (and probably other multi-merry men) and has simmed two armies, and just dented one.

See, Dave, this is why a 3-1 is difficult for the 1, and I don't get how you don't see this. YOU aren't policing three quads to knock back their armies. YOU and YOUR leaders and people in the NW and SE have just decided to do nothing in order to grow unchecked, and WE have to fight THEM ALL. It's fun, but unfair. That you have any reaction other than shame and boredom is confusing. You're just ridiculing us for commenting on the volume of work we have in front of us while your side's volume of work is minuscule comparatively.
    That the 3 quads have varying degrees of skill, coordination, interest and participation doesn't change anything... a chainsaw doesn't judge the tree.

And if those idiot noobs you play with weren't so focused on simming the whole entire game, YOU could be hitting NSEU to WIN for your side. Instead Phoenix and Bertie shook hands with the whole server in the first week and did nothing more. Seems like more than a few people in the first weeks of the game down there should have found a pair and made some tough decisions.

Tell me truthfully, how many on your side would ever play for Phoenix again? Nobody?
    Didn't Bertemus write 15,000 words previously on how he's got the business acumen of Jack Welch and the military stategery chops of George Patton? It shows. You're all so lucky to take orders from such an accomplished mind.

How badly will Phoenix' head explode when NSEU wins?
    Before you go playing the Multi-player card I strongly suggest you think about the fact that no player in DA, NSNEU or DND or that supports us has been banned for Multi-playing. Send any names you suspect of Multi playing to the MH and then look at your own quad and the players supporting you and see how many have been banned. Case in point one NE player attacks a NW player the other day and is Banned almost directly after landing.

Glass House mate, Glass house. Do some house keeping.

Meet Assery; The pot smoking, beer guzzling Mascot of DAŽ who shoots fire from his arse!

Natarian Knight

Quote Originally Posted by molo View Post
    First I want to make clear that the post I'm about to write is not directed at e of c&e specifically but more of a general shout out to anyone it might concern.

As much as I respect people's wishes and choice to play in this fashion, in my opinion it goes against the spirit of the game. For me at least, this game is and have always been about including, getting to know and working together with unknown and new players, not gather together in a little click where you have to know someone to get in and is pretty much screwed if you happen to spawn in the wrong quadrant and do not.

I think this is especially important to keep in mind (hmm this might be a bit late now) since this may be the last t3.6 version and many came here to support it for that reason. This strategy has the opposite effect. I just hope that, if there will be more version like this one in the future, this is a trend that won't continue. If it does continue, I fear it will greatly contribute to the end of this version.

Remember when you first started playing this game? What if you had spawned in a quadrant where you had no prospects of working together with others in a meaningful manner, no possibility to join and support a major alliance, no one to take you in and teach you about the game, would you continue to play this game?

In short, the point I'm trying to get through is that, the game being as it is, perhaps some people should spend some time to think about how their actions affects things on a larger scale.

Disclaimer: I'm in no way blaming you for the demise of this version, that one's on travian games. It is, however, in my opinion a contributing factor.

I disagree up to a point. On my first server ever, I started late 2 months and got turned into a farm even after some "diplomacy." But it didn't deter me from trying another server, just the opposite. I studied up a bit more, read the guides and started a new server a bit more informed and ready. TravianGames aren't necessarily interested in the type of players that are "one and done" with Travian, but more interested in those that stick around despite getting the short end of the stick. No, the real downfall of this game is the ever-increasing crutch given to new players, that when they do meet some real competition, they fall apart and don't know what to do with themselves. Or more so, implementing noob-friendly perks that lessen the impact of something more fun in the game, for example auto-dodge negating the fun with ghost hammers. Or that ridiculous 1-click farming on natar villages that negate the fun of attacking someone that actually carries risk. Yay, we all get to farm in peace until the end. woo-freakin-hoo.

Of course, there's other issues, like the huge bonus disparity between gold-users and non-gold users. It's imbalance that kills the game, not the "no one can join my team" mentality.

My team started with such a mentality and despite it all formed confeds with OTF and TnT and now it's quite a team we have even though none of our leaders originally chose this route. Furthermore, there are still pockets in our quad that are still around: NE-UK, FUNSXVX, etc. Not all of them are particularly friendly to us, but they are still around, still playing and forming friendships with other similarly small groups. Those groups may decide to try another server, and so it starts.. you gradually build a team, or continually join a team until you find the right fit for you. Or, you can go solo and see what comes to you.

And that's Travian.
    Don't be a poser, Mongoose. And that is the Final Word.

Quote Originally Posted by Final Word View Post
    My team started with such a mentality and despite it all formed confeds with OTF and TnT and now it's quite a team we have even though none of our leaders originally chose this route. Furthermore, there are still pockets in our quad that are still around: NE-UK, FUNSXVX, etc. Not all of them are particularly friendly to us, but they are still around, still playing and forming friendships with other similarly small groups. Those groups may decide to try another server, and so it starts.. you gradually build a team, or continually join a team until you find the right fit for you. Or, you can go solo and see what comes to you.

And that's Travian.
    Come on mate, seriously. NE-UK has been undercover napped with TNT since early on, FUNSXVX has steadily been recruiting players who would support the NE efforts.....If thats not "friendly I dont know what is. I understand that some WC claim to have given them a hard time in the past and ill give the benefit of the doubt on that but to date both are strongly behind NE WW efforts.

I am not trying to make a big deal out of it but what you stated was not correct mate.

Meet Assery; The pot smoking, beer guzzling Mascot of DAŽ who shoots fire from his arse!

Natarian Knight

Quote Originally Posted by bronx View Post
    Come on mate, seriously. NE-UK has been undercover napped with TNT since early on, FUNSXVX has steadily been recruiting players who would support the NE efforts.....If thats not "friendly I dont know what is. I understand that some WC claim to have given them a hard time in the past and ill give the benefit of the doubt on that but to date both are strongly behind NE WW efforts.

I am not trying to make a big deal out of it but what you stated was not correct mate.
    When I say "us," I'm referring to WC. TnT made their own deals and we've begrudgingly allowed NE-UK and others to participate in the wonder support. We do make some concessions for the sake of our allies, but there is nothing officially binding with regards to WC and NE-UK and FUNSXVX. Mungo can correct me if I'm wrong.
    Don't be a poser, Mongoose. And that is the Final Word.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast