Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: differences between a .com and a .us server

Pikeman

Default differences between a .com and a .us server

I've played about 8 different .us servers and this is my first .com server. What are the differences should I expect?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by wganz View Post
    I've played about 8 different .us servers and this is my first .com server. What are the differences should I expect?

Thanks,
    Expect more international players, stiffer competition and expensive items in the auction

I am also new on com. There appear to be a lot of strong players, but very few wars.

The 3 wars there may have been, if you could call them wars (Smile versus Infamous, Rangers versus HUN and GR versus MRA) has all lead to mergers. So its very quite for the average player who could get into the established metas - if your not in one, its a hard server to survive on I guess.

Hopefully a lot of action to come after the artifacts has been caputured from the natars.

no wars is becoming a very commonn thing on .com i duno about others ive never played them... for there to be war you need two good allys in one quad and even then theres a 50% chance of a merger but it often depends on leaders, who are generally afraid of war.. i plan on moving out of .com to try stirr some battles but for now dont get your hopes up
    "An army of sheep led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by a sheep."
    Alexander the Great

cathcatca

Quote Originally Posted by wganz View Post

Thanks,
    i haven't played .us since t4 came out, but my experience with it was that it is more oriented to short term goals. players and teams were cliquey groups of friends, and not as open to new members, so they stayed small, fought a lot of local wars in their 100x, died, grew bored, and re-invented the game rules among themselves.

in .us i could hold a +150% cropper alone, and never join an alliance. :P i cannot imagine that in a quad in .com.

except for the occasional 'elite' group of friends, established competitive .com teams are long term goal oriented. small teams that can't work well with others usually don't last long with the competitive teams around. Since a goal of most established teams is to win, they focus on making good armies, and developing the supports to go to the end. In a competitive .com server, you can expect large hammers, and large defenses that are carefully planned.

.com is like a high stakes poker game for big bucks and cred, where .us is like playing drunken strip poker but everyone passes out before the end or decides to play "go fish" half way through.

Pikeman

Default a couple of things I have noticed

is that there a lot more players and the oddity of a plethora of banned players. The spawn line definitely advances faster and is denser than on my last .us server. In fact, the current spawn line is further out now before the artifact release than where it was a game end of that last .us server.

Fortunately, this is one of the few times I chose Gauls and have made a cranny forest in anticipation of the raid fest.

Quote Originally Posted by cathcatca View Post
    i haven't played .us since t4 came out, but my experience with it was that it is more oriented to short term goals. players and teams were cliquey groups of friends, and not as open to new members, so they stayed small, fought a lot of local wars in their 100x, died, grew bored, and re-invented the game rules among themselves.

in .us i could hold a +150% cropper alone, and never join an alliance. :P i cannot imagine that in a quad in .com.

except for the occasional 'elite' group of friends, established competitive .com teams are long term goal oriented. small teams that can't work well with others usually don't last long with the competitive teams around. Since a goal of most established teams is to win, they focus on making good armies, and developing the supports to go to the end. In a competitive .com server, you can expect large hammers, and large defenses that are carefully planned.

.com is like a high stakes poker game for big bucks and cred, where .us is like playing drunken strip poker but everyone passes out before the end or decides to play "go fish" half way through.
    haha brilliant ^^
    "An army of sheep led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by a sheep."
    Alexander the Great

Quote Originally Posted by cathcatca View Post

Its a cool analysis , and I think much reprentative for com servers, but there is one point, where its indoes not seem to go along with the development of this server right now.

Agreed , small cluques of local players don't usually have much chance alone on large servers. However, here, a hungarian meta has formed with what appears to be long term goals. What is amazing is that the other stronger players in their quad simply prefers to be treated as gypsy hungarians instead of fighting the local country alliances.

If you look at the HUN artifact distribution, you indeed find the "cliquey groups of friends, and not as open to new members" - as all the the good arties were distributed amongst the original hungarians, especially HUN-Dr. leaving the new surrenderes stuck in HUN-Fl. mainly with very little, and also making forign legion look a bit pathetic if they don't start to fight.

Indeed , fighting local country alliances was a great sport in other servers I played on, so maybe its time for the non-hungarian players to grow some balls !?

Default Arties in HUN meta

Quote Originally Posted by holger77 View Post
    Its a cool analysis , and I think much reprentative for com servers, but there is one point, where its indoes not seem to go along with the development of this server right now.

Agreed , small cluques of local players don't usually have much chance alone on large servers. However, here, a hungarian meta has formed with what appears to be long term goals. What is amazing is that the other stronger players in their quad simply prefers to be treated as gypsy hungarians instead of fighting the local country alliances.

If you look at the HUN artifact distribution, you indeed find the "cliquey groups of friends, and not as open to new members" - as all the the good arties were distributed amongst the original hungarians, especially HUN-Dr. leaving the new surrenderes stuck in HUN-Fl. mainly with very little, and also making forign legion look a bit pathetic if they don't start to fight.

Indeed , fighting local country alliances was a great sport in other servers I played on, so maybe its time for the non-hungarian players to grow some balls !?
    You are trying to raise tension in the HUN meta. But You will soon see, that You have no chance. Do I see some fear in You eyes?!
    We are all the same, and that includes also the FL alliance. Arties were not "distributed" but brought into the meta by the closest member. So it was only a question of territory. It seems to me that You have never played in a good meta, a fair meta...
    You all will be surprised by the way arties will be handled in Our meta. So lay back and watch us!

Quote Originally Posted by holger77 View Post

Dear rasist conspirater!
    1. U have no idea whats going on here. This is conspiracy theory, you will see that later, if U not that blind like U act. And U may will understand as soon U will be in a META w/ leaders, who planning things.
    2. Thank, but i don't know in our METAs any gypsy. For hungarians its an offense abuse. For Gypsys its rassism. So Look around URself and shut your dirty mouth.
    3. "The friends" made them friendship mostly on this server, most of us didnt know each other, we spawn to COM8 after rumors, and choose here to play together.

THX for reading, if U excouse me I have to puke cas UR comment...

Edit:
    MSG from Horrorking:
    "thats your luck I donno english"

Im not gonna translate what she going tell U, cas im not pretty sure the mod can take that EZ
    Last edited by Olvastar; 28.04.2012 at 20:24. Reason: Transmitter need :D

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast