Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: Barracuda vs Gold Meta

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gasdrubaal View Post
    So, finally when with no capital, no crop and zero gold (account is deleting so we can not put more)....

    hopeless guys
    The big question is how much money that all cost. Nobody doubts that a single individual can spend unlimited cash and buy themselves an account like that and I'll bet the publishers are tickled pink that people actually try it.

    Why would you do all that just to delete the account anyhow? There's probably an obvious answer to that question but I missed it.

  2. #22
    Thorned Warrior ThreeKindsAHell's Avatar
    Join Date
    23.05.2009
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Ok, time to cut through the BS...




    Quote Originally Posted by Gasdrubaal View Post
    Gold is a SW meta, huge badly managed confederation with 4 alliances inside. They joined all big accounts on SW.
    Gold/FAT has been around for at least 5 years in some form or another, and many of these big accounts were here for years. In fact we won the last 2 servers and would have won the one before if not for AOW's leadership imploding.




    Quote Originally Posted by Gasdrubaal View Post
    But there was an issue. The biggest account refused to submit .
    The biggest account insisted on farming the smaller players and was kicked. Ironically, he then formed an alliance with players who defend him, who in fact are not much better than the ones he wanted to farm in the first place.



    Quote Originally Posted by Gasdrubaal View Post
    they proposed several times in different ways the issue is that I don't want to.
    Once real attacks with catapults started, the Barracuda account was marked for death.



    Quote Originally Posted by Gasdrubaal View Post
    It takes them more than 2 months already to kick me out
    2 months ago, few in the server had catapults. 1 month ago, the barracuda account had over 10 villages, and most armies had 1-200 catapults. Barracuda account itself had just over 200. Do the math. 2 months from now, we'll be laughing about the whole Barracuda affair and going on with the server.



    Quote Originally Posted by Gasdrubaal View Post
    But its interesting how much pain one player can make to huge meta body.
    The Barracuda account is in fact impressive. But anyone can make an account like that...all it takes is a LOT of time and a few hundred bucks. But it takes someone *special* to choose to use the time and money and try to wreck other peoples games. At any stage of the game, trying to defend 5-6 targets from 2 hammers with 12 hours notice is difficult. Any player in the top 40 could do the same...It doesn't make you good, it makes you a bully who doesn't care about the real goal of this game. Ever since this whole thing started, I noticed people have been participating more and more with defense calls and resource pushes. Nobody likes a bully and today they killed a 30k hammer with 7 hours notice, despite getting MM's for defense and pushes everyday. The fact is everyone who was hit got a resource push and all the crop fields will be rebuilt in days. All our armies continued building troops 24/7.



    Have a nice life, I hope you got your money's worth.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Megan View Post
    The big question is how much money that all cost. Nobody doubts that a single individual can spend unlimited cash and buy themselves an account like that and I'll bet the publishers are tickled pink that people actually try it.

    Why would you do all that just to delete the account anyhow? There's probably an obvious answer to that question but I missed it.
    That's not true, good players can defeat 1 good player easily, doesn't matter the money. But Golds were not good at all...

    why would I delete? Simple answer - because it was deleting already Another answer - we became too bored with the server. We decided to delete in September, then with Ronins started to reconsider but when SGR and Gold joined, we obviously didn't wnt to stay anymore and just had some fun before deleting.

  4. #24
    Pikeman
    Join Date
    25.09.2012
    Posts
    3

    Cool There was a story...

    About a fishy, who couldn't handle the answer no. So instead of sharing the fishbowl he decided to focus solely on revenge because an alliance called RENT wouldn't join him in his crazy bid to cause havoc just to feed his ego.

    As for no resistance - if anyone here calls kicking his sorry butt from whence it came not resisting they should grab a book and do some reading.

    While his story is interesting regarding RENT pre-GOLD - it is of course slanted and warped but hey wouldn't have expected anything less given his ego is larger than the map itself. He lies to his supporters, he lies to those who he would propose to make a deal with - RENT saw this a mile off and called him on it. End of story.

    In Correspondence he repeatedly refered to how we decided not to be his friend and couldn't grasp the fact that our Defensive Co and our leader called him on it - which by the way is a woman not a man (think he would have clued into that by now). So he threw a tantrum. Would you want to group up with someone who throws tantrums? Well we didn't.

    We opted for a solid group who had their stuff together with a plan that made sense and that threw him even further over the edge.

    But I digress...the story and all it's creative twists and turns obviously made to paint him as some lone hero belongs in just that ...a book...fiction. Fact is he used so many people to his own end that once they become aware they were used and not treated as the team they should have been for no other purpose than to advance himself they will be after him too...he has no choice but to bid adieu. They are not as stupid as he's treated them.

    But the reality of the situation is his ego was hurt and now he is paying the price for it. Barra, you were never that big a foe, you were a good practice to for us all to get our teams in order and ready and I thank you for giving us this chance and an all around fun time. Better luck next time.


    Merci,
    PING

  5. #25

    Default

    Gold/FAT has been around for at least 5 years in some form or another, and many of these big accounts were here for years. In fact we won the last 2 servers and would have won the one before if not for AOW's leadership imploding.

    on servers like that with players like that - has no doubts! on the servers I played you would be farms


    Once real attacks with catapults started, the Barracuda account was marked for death.

    of course! so means all those Gold leaders speaking to me must be lying


    2 months ago, few in the server had catapults. 1 month ago, the barracuda account had over 10 villages, and most armies had 1-200 catapults. Barracuda account itself had just over 200. Do the math. 2 months from now, we'll be laughing about the whole Barracuda affair and going on with the server.

    in 2 months there will be 100 online best case, most likely less. Server will be finally dead. So you probably will laugh, but you will be doing that in an empty room



    The Barracuda account is in fact impressive. But anyone can make an account like that...all it takes is a LOT of time and a few hundred bucks. But it takes someone *special* to choose to use the time and money and try to wreck other peoples games. At any stage of the game, trying to defend 5-6 targets from 2 hammers with 12 hours notice is difficult. Any player in the top 40 could do the same...It doesn't make you good, it makes you a bully who doesn't care about the real goal of this game. Ever since this whole thing started, I noticed people have been participating more and more with defense calls and resource pushes. Nobody likes a bully and today they killed a 30k hammer with 7 hours notice, despite getting MM's for defense and pushes everyday. The fact is everyone who was hit got a resource push and all the crop fields will be rebuilt in days. All our armies continued building troops 24/7.

    Have a nice life, I hope you got your money's worth.
    [/QUOTE]

    I always thought that the real goal of any game is to get fun. That was another point - it's strange to see people who has other goals in a GAME


    Thank you and hope never see you again!

  6. #26
    Thorned Warrior ThreeKindsAHell's Avatar
    Join Date
    23.05.2009
    Posts
    43

    Default

    And the BS just keeps on comin


    Quote Originally Posted by Gasdrubaal View Post
    That's not true, good players can defeat 1 good player easily, doesn't matter the money.
    Yeah right lol. Try and make a big account without using gold or silver. Every time we hit the Barracuda account it would regain hundreds of population pts in minutes.



    Quote Originally Posted by Gasdrubaal View Post
    We decided to delete in September, then with Ronins started to reconsider
    Well, you had just lost 2/3 of each of your armies on Pink Elephant and Warfare, you posted the reports here yourself. The plan of attack was released to Gold, and the next day you joined RO. You had 8 villages croplocked. That was when negotiations were going on between NW and SW. Many of us were ready to go again, but we were asked NOT TO while negotiations were on-going. So for 3 weeks you sat there hiding in RO, rebuilding your account and armies. Only when it was rebuilt did you go back to attacking. If you hadn't joined RO when you did you would not have had a chance to attack again, and you know it.




    Quote Originally Posted by Gasdrubaal View Post
    I always thought that the real goal of any game is to get fun. That was another point - it's strange to see people who has other goals in a GAME
    Wrong. Playing the game is fun, but in any game, the goal is to win. Your idea of fun is attacking players smaller than you for no real reason other than to make their life difficult. You lost. Simple as that. It makes you a loser...in more ways than one.

  7. #27

  8. #28
    Pikeman
    Join Date
    25.09.2012
    Posts
    3

    Default And the Tales Continue

    As usual - wrong again. Do you even understand what goes into defending? You're on the outs - going down. Why waste a crap ton of defense? When rebuilding is as easy as 123 and already done especially when you have a team behind you 100 percent. Where did you get your crystal ball so I can be sure NOT to buy one from the same kooky place? We play with smarts not ego and assumptions. Which is why we are still here and you are going buh bye....no matter how you try to spin the reasons why you say you are leaving. You tried to hang on to staying but couldn't do it. Oh and just a little wake up call - those servers you say you play on, many others do as well and do far better than you. Might want to take your tail outta your mouth. Or should I have said Tale?

    Once again,
    Merci
    It's been interesting but not as much as you would like to think - see our world didn't revolve around you Sadly yours revolved around ours and what is especially telling in that regard is all the $$$$ you put into it, the people you used, and then hiding out. I'm done trying to talk to a fish outta water cause all that seems to come out of your mouth is blub, blub, blub.

    PING

  9. #29

    Default

    In truth Gold/FAT is pretty bad alliance....considering their reputation you would expect much more...

    Its true they won 2 servers and almost 3....but...

    At first server AOW was power in that meta...Gold was just a follower....

    At their first server win they were gifted the win...after 2 major powers went after each other throats, and decided to focus on not letting the other to win....Gold was dark horse of the server, they took what was given...in truth here they left perhaps best impression...

    And last server was awful...southern meta created before arties if i remember correctly...it was a classic zerg...later things got bit more interesting but still zerglish win...quantity win...

    When I say bad I mean bad if you wanna compare it with alliaces with similar reputations...like Wild, CWL, VIP, Node...and othrers...

  10. #30
    Natarian Knight sharp444's Avatar
    Join Date
    24.12.2009
    Location
    crannies
    Posts
    553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Megan View Post
    The big question is how much money that all cost. Nobody doubts that a single individual can spend unlimited cash and buy themselves an account like that and I'll bet the publishers are tickled pink that people actually try it.

    Why would you do all that just to delete the account anyhow? There's probably an obvious answer to that question but I missed it.

    Time for me to start spamming again Megan since when did you have a forum account?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamworld View Post
    In truth Gold/FAT is pretty bad alliance....considering their reputation you would expect much more...

    Its true they won 2 servers and almost 3....but...

    At first server AOW was power in that meta...Gold was just a follower....

    At their first server win they were gifted the win...after 2 major powers went after each other throats, and decided to focus on not letting the other to win....Gold was dark horse of the server, they took what was given...in truth here they left perhaps best impression...

    And last server was awful...southern meta created before arties if i remember correctly...it was a classic zerg...later things got bit more interesting but still zerglish win...quantity win...

    When I say bad I mean bad if you wanna compare it with alliaces with similar reputations...like Wild, CWL, VIP, Node...and othrers...
    Also this server does have some of the better alliances in the game here. I am in CWL and was in WILD VIP use to play here actually. But I know for a fact most people on this server either in GOLD or SGR play on other servers for other top alliances.
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.
    si vis pacem para bellum



Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New meta
    By Bitzi in forum Politics & diplomacy - World 5
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 31.01.2011, 18:30
  2. WILD + GOLD META (drop the EXILE noobs)
    By Baby Jane in forum Politics & diplomacy - World 6
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 27.12.2010, 20:22
  3. Meta comes and goes?
    By MardukSG2 in forum General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 21.04.2010, 18:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •