Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TALVARION: Quenched in Flame

((Magic functions like in most High Fantasy -if you have the talent and the time, you'll become proficient. Nothing inherently biological about it, and socially, magic users are respected for their wisdom (unless you're a ****). ))

((Intelligent insect race...? Uhh, I don't know about that. I'd prefer you stick with humans, or at the very least one of the classics like elves or dwarves. Sorry if that's restricting, but I'm trying to keep this relatively focused. An intelligent insect race would probably be pretty out of place.))

In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

((Simple question. Can I be an alchemist? Nothing fancy mind you. Just a guy that can cook up poisons, magical potions and stuff. And of course the odd smoke bomb, fire bomb etc. So basically a guy who specializes in crafting potions with various effects and throwing them at people for fun effects. The execution would be very similar to a low power magic user in that my character would use his items just as a sorcerer would use spells. It's just the lore that is different. Hence how does that fit in your lore thou?))
    Purple Qwrq

THE FOUNDER OF THE ELITE ORDER OF THE NON SPAMING NATARIAN KNIGHTS.
    I am have returned! 100% Active, 100% inspired! Read The Mod comic -
    Weekly Updates

((That would be fine. Lore-wise, either you could just be someone with a talent for sorcery who wasn't interested in magic in a "wizard" sense, OR you could possibly be a disenfranchised Druid. Potions and alchemy are, at least in my mind, tied to nature, and you could have learned your trade with the Druids before separating from the cult. If you were interested, that would make for some juicy drama if (read: when) we encounter the Druids.))

Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up.

((Count me in, will put up my character sheet here soon))

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeppa View Post
    We should worship you and build you a temple and crap

((Great, looking forward to reading it.))

((Once I get Purple and Badmagicks' sheets, I'll open this up. MissingAxis and DrummerBoy, are you planning on joining?))

TheDrummerBoy

((Yes I am, char sheet in three hours (I need to go tend to the weed I'm growing ). I wasn't planning on being an intelligent insect though that would've been awesome How about a mutant elf or something or any modified classical race?))

((Fantastic, and that's a solid reason hahaha. Yeah, a modified classic race (for instance, a mutated elf) should be fine, as long as it's nothing too crazy. Just be able to explain (or plan to explain) why a quest to save Talvarion would matter to your character.))

In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

((I just need to think of a good name. I shall post as soon as I do. Should not take me longer than a few hours.))
    Purple Qwrq

THE FOUNDER OF THE ELITE ORDER OF THE NON SPAMING NATARIAN KNIGHTS.
    I am have returned! 100% Active, 100% inspired! Read The Mod comic -
    Weekly Updates

((Would the character be limited to a particular genre of magic? Also, how limiting would the magic skills be?))

Thorned Warrior

Name: Christopher Quille
    Race: Human
    Description: 6'2", relatively muscular. Brown hair, brown eyes, fair skin covered in dirt and assorted grime. Weary look about him, not often seen resting. Once an excitable young man, now far from enthused.
    Background: Born and raised in a hamlet not far from Graye, he spent most of his childhood living off the exciting tales from passerbys leaving from or heading to Graye city proper. Aside from the occasional stick duel, he lived uneventfully until his teenage years. With several younger brothers taking his place as farmhand, he was let loose to make his life in the city. It wasn't long until he found himself joining a sortie to deal with wandering bandits and highwaymen, with no training but the stick duels of his childhood. Surprisingly he survived the first few engagements, and much like his similarly green comrades, he became drunk on victory.

In his last sortie, he pursued a fleeing bandit into a ditch, where he was ambushed and struck down. Hidden in the ditch with the head of an axe in his chest, he was left behind. Whether he died or not escapes him, but he was 'healed' by a wanderer, so to speak. Kept alive only by the magic of an unknown individual, he wandered from town to hamlet and hamlet to city, half-dazed and half-drunk. For one reason or another he chose not to return to Graye, and made his living as a temporary farmhand and occasionally a sellsword.

Sometime in his nine years of wandering, he discovered that he could harness the magic sustaining him and use it as a crude but relatively powerful weapon, but at an ever increasing cost.

Possessions: [Garb] Black wool pants, white wool socks, dark brown leather boots, chainmail byrnie over ragged white tunic, black cloak with plain brooch, leather belt, [Weapons] longsword with undecorated wooden scabbard, heater shield, spear, dagger, [Survival] pack, tinderbox with a piece of char cloth and some dry bark, some light rope, half a loaf of stale bread, small sack of coppers and silvers

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast