Thread: Marathons

Guardsman

Default Marathons

Travian is amongst many other things a Marathon. Several groups ran their marathons, each in their different way.

Wild leads the WW race. They excelled in each phase of the game...the best in some and close to it in others. Big accounts in the beginning, grabbed the most artes in the middle, held on to the most important ones for a WW contender, handled mid-game attacks and defense reasonably well (keeping end game goals in mind), cleared and planned WW villages early, got enough plans to build the WW out, knocked their chief opponent's WW down a few levels and still hold a lead.

U has done a great job throughout. They took on Wild's first round of attacks and fought back with them for much of the server. They held a WW lead for a while. Though they have been knocked back to 2nd place I doubt even Wild thinks they don't have a chance to ultimately win.

OI, too has run a marathon of sorts. They simply lacked the power to seriously challenge in the end. Perhaps it was bad luck to spawn in the same quad as Godz, reducing their opportunity to recruit in greater numbers. They have good leadership and quite a few top players...just not enough for this round.

These teams have run marathons.

Godz have run a Marathon of sprints as they always have said the would. They took on Wild to balance the server even though they thought it would prove disastrous. For several rounds they more than held their own. When balance seemed restored, they took on another alliance. That went so easily Wild needed to be targeted again to provide a challenge. Godz continues to make serious attacks right up until the server's end.

Maybe you choose not to call it a marathon, but you can't deny Godz ran all server.

Wait, you say. You are forgetting someone. What about the team that talked all server about Marathons, how others weren't really playing and therefore were failures out of the gate. How about that team that accused others of playing 3 vs. 1, even though they were part of that short-lived loosely allied trio and were the one who failed to even make an effort to play an effective role? The lot that said they were all about the Marathon?

Fret not, dear readers. No one has forgotten the marathon that MDS ran.

They ran their mouths.

They ran from the war part of the game for most of the server.

They ran for political cover during the brief moments when the war part of the game found them lacking in leadership, coordination, participation, etc.

They ran after CP's in villages that had no reason not to move them.

Perhaps filling the Marathon form out in the beginning sapped all their strength. We'll never know unless they choose to tell us.

To all who ran, I hope you've enjoyed the game.

Axerider

You are acting like the marathon is already over,

I do not know how much hammers all the teams have left, but this is, what I feel, just the beginning of a long endgame.

I doubt Oi has resigned, I can't imagine it being over that quickly for them.
    Don't mind me. I'm harmless.

Lol

mds rip.

Guardsman

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant View Post
    Lol

mds rip.
    To RIP didn't you have to be alive in the first place?
    "It isn't falling down that is the problem;but the failure to rise again"

Axerider

they were, in their glory days they were very, very good.

Guardsman

Quote Originally Posted by grizzy View Post
    You are acting like the marathon is already over,

I do not know how much hammers all the teams have left, but this is, what I feel, just the beginning of a long endgame.

I doubt Oi has resigned, I can't imagine it being over that quickly for them.

Perhaps part of my post was written in a tense that would indicate it was a post mortem, but that's only because I don't have an editor. Much of what I said reflects what has already occurred this server, but it certainly doesn't close anything out. I'm certainly not done playing. I doubt OI is nor should they be. They simply have a long way to go to get back into contention.

The recent results lend credence to your opinion that the server may have a long way to go. If you don't get the Marathon reference, you simply haven't been read enough trolling these past few months.

Axerider

Quote Originally Posted by Corruption View Post
    Perhaps part of my post was written in a tense that would indicate it was a post mortem, but that's only because I don't have an editor. Much of what I said reflects what has already occurred this server, but it certainly doesn't close anything out. I'm certainly not done playing. I doubt OI is nor should they be. They simply have a long way to go to get back into contention.

The recent results lend credence to your opinion that the server may have a long way to go. If you don't get the Marathon reference, you simply haven't been read enough trolling these past few months.

I am sorry, I take everything for face value