Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Server Analysis 5/12

Natarian Knight

Default Server Analysis 5/12

**NOTE: I tried to be as unbiased as I could as Yes I am a member of one of the alliances on the server. Also most of the comment section are my own opinions as for the most part I lack information on the respective alliances (you guys could help this out by posting on the forums a wee bit and starting some good ole forum fights ) Don't be harsh guys its been years since I have done one of these things **

Northwest

Infamous

# of Wings: 3
    # of Members: 111

Member Averages
    Population: 743
    Attack Points: 2454
    Defense Points: 58

Alliance Totals
    Population: 82,510
    Attack Points: 272,425
    Defense Points: 6,450

Average Ranking of Wings
    Population Rank: 6
    Offensive Rank: 5
    Defensive Rank: 25

Comments: Infamous returns to travian after their hard fought win on s8. This well established power house alliance has been fairly quiet so far this server but that might be due to the lack of any viable competition in their own quad and it being relatively early in the server. ROCK is the only other major alliance in the NW and with their wings being spread across the server it is not likely they will stand long should infamous take notice of them. If statistics really do mean anything then the fact that Infamous' membership dominates the top 100 players (holding 31/100 spots) indicates they are no joke.

Northeast

Mayhem

# of Members: 122

Member Averages
    Population: 608
    Attack Points: 2034
    Defense Points: 79

Alliance Totals
    Population: 74,219
    Attack Points: 248,193
    Defense Points: 9,670

Average Ranking of Wings
    Population Rank: 10
    Offensive Rank: 5
    Defensive Rank: 11

Comments: I do not know much about this group but based on actions and rankings alone I would rank Mayhem right up there with infamous in terms of the top 2 alliances on the server. Coming from the merger of Oi and PaD they have at least shown the rest of the server that they are able to organize their own quad and most likely have long term goals outside of the NE. Bar ROCK, Mayhem has essentially consolidated their quad and is now able to focus on the upcoming arti releases without facing a conflict that could potentially weaken their power base in the NE. Like infamous it is highly doubtful that ROCK would offer a significant threat should Mayhem turn their focus on them. They currently have 24 members in the top 100 putting them right behind Infamous.

Southwest

Lust

# of Wings: 1
    # of Members: 59

Member Averages
    Population: 629
    Attack Points: 1592
    Defense Points: 55

Alliance Totals
    Population: 37,086
    Attack Points: 93,946
    Defense Points: 3,217

Average Ranking of Wings
    Population Rank: 1
    Offensive Rank: 4
    Defensive Rank: 8

Comments: The first of three 1 wing alliances this analysis touches upon. Lust in recent weeks has shed all except its main wing and currently shares the SW with at least 3 other large alliances. In terms of endgame having 1 wing will not work if they intend to win the WW race or at least be competitive. That however may not be their goal at all. History has shown that 1 wing alliances can play a large factor in endgames by supporting larger metas. Is this Lust's intention? Only time will tell. Lust's more immediate goals should be securing their position in the SW as they are heavily outnumbered by the other southwestern alliances. Perhaps Lust will be the strong group that unites the quad? Or the group that shatters it and brings civil war ?

BSW

# of Wings:4 (Only Confederacies included)
    # of Members: 160

Member Averages
    Population: 411
    Attack Points: 609
    Defense Points: 57

Alliance Totals
    Population: 65,860
    Attack Points: 97,365
    Defense Points: 9,187

Average Ranking of Wings
    Population Rank: 21
    Offensive Rank: 23
    Defensive Rank: 24

Comments: The largest of the SW alliances. They do not seem to be all that organized which can be seen in the varying alliance descriptions each different wing uses. And statistically they are not blowing anyone out of the water. The only thing this group seems to be going for them is numbers (as we all know numbers dont mean much though). They lack the cohesion of most of the other alliances and this can clearly be seen.

Best SW

# of Wings: 1 (Only Confederacies Included)
    # of Members: 45

Member Averages
    Population:418
    Attack Points: 864
    Defense Points: 60

Alliance Totals
    Population: 18,811
    Attack Points: 38,892
    Defense Points: 2,702

Average Ranking of Wings
    Population Rank: 18
    Offensive Rank: 12
    Defensive Rank: 15

Comments: The final SW alliance this analysis touches on. This alliance looks to be the remnants of the Persian teams that were initially having a strong showing on the server. In my experience most national groups that come to international servers tend to merge into larger alliances. This remains to be seen if they will go this route or not.

Natarian Knight

Southeast

MDS

# of Wings: 6 (Redux Not Included)
    # of Members: 225

Member Averages
    Population: 443
    Attack Points: 885
    Defense Points: 77

Alliance Totals
    Population: 99,785
    Attack Points: 199,209
    Defense Points: 17,486

Average Ranking of Wings
    Population Rank: 16
    Offensive Rank: 15
    Defensive Rank: 14

Comments: Server 2's former resident powerhouse alliance. Tales of MDS dominating s2 are long past and it really remains to be seen if this current incarnation will mirror last s2's disappointing MDS or if rumors are true and old MDS leadership has returned to bring their alliance to its former glory. As it stands now MDS is not looking too impressive. With 6 wings they are the second largest alliance on the server totaling 225 members with rumored connections to multiple other alliances. For a comparison see ROCK below which spans across multiple quads. It is yet to be seen if MDS will re-organize on a geographic basis ridding themselves of some of the excess wings.

DOA + Warlords (Warlords not on Map)

# of Members: 104

Member Averages
    Population: 475
    Attack Points: 510
    Defense Points: 43

Alliance Totals
    Population: 49,477
    Attack Points: 53,049
    Defense Points: 4,534

Average Ranking of Wings
    Population Rank: 23
    Offensive Rank: 21
    Defensive Rank: 43

Comments: The only other entirely SE based group. Its surprising to me at least that they have held on this long as a cohesive group and could even be giving MDS trouble (not likely though). It will be interesting to see if they continue to remain a separate entity from MDS or fold into them at some point. The latter of the two would be beneficial except that MDS already has 225 members. An added 100 will put them neck and neck with ROCK for the Zerg Meta award and could cause a potential hug fest in their quad which has turned out very bad for some alliances in the past.

Multi-Quad Groups

Addicted

# of Wings: 1
    # of Members: 51

Member Averages
    Population: 499
    Attack Points: 836
    Defense Points: 81

Alliance Totals
    Population: 25,447
    Attack Points: 42,644
    Defense Points: 4,124

Average Ranking of Wings
    Population Rank: 9
    Offensive Rank: 11
    Defensive Rank: 2

Comments: Sorry guys dont got much to say here Besides being spread out across the SE/SW I have not heard much concerning this group of players.

ROCK

# of Wings: 7
    # of Members: 334

Member Averages
    Population: 438
    Attack Points: 481
    Defense Points: 67

Alliance Totals
    Population: 146,384
    Attack Points: 150,842
    Defense Points: 22,570

Average Ranking of Wings
    Population Rank: 15
    Offensive Rank: 20
    Defensive Rank: 10

Comments: The servers resident Zerg meta ( Come on guys you set yourself up for this title 7 wings/ 330+ members??) and largest by far almost doubling the size of the next largest alliance. Stats wise on the surface ROCK looks great, but when a deeper look is taken it makes sense that their stats rival some of the other metas. Being spread across the server this makes them a target for every alliance that wants them out of their respective quads. They seem to be trying to organize (can be seen with the attempts at a uniform alliance description across their wings) but this will become harder as the server progresses and other alliances begin to press them. I see ROCK going the route of all the Zerg alliances, either collapsing under their own weight or their members/ wings joining the established alliances in their respective quads.

Thorned Warrior

Nice work. I enjoyed the reading.

My guess would be that Rock starts to crumble as more and more players develop catapults and start cleaning up their area. Lots of people are thrilled to be in a "dominant" group until those numbers seemingly can't prevent you from watching your village get taken apart piece by piece. It's almost as if someone told their "leadership" that a prize existed for reaching 400 accounts. Quality must become a standard at some point!

It's my first server on this domain, so I'll be interested in seeing how things play out. Thanks for the time you put in on the write-up.

Excellent write-up. It could just be because I am tired, but I couldn't tell which alliance you are in from the post, so well-done on writing without bias!

Guardsman

great job m8 well done and agreed did not no what group you were in.Thanks
    com7 : Meohmeohmy Ministry
    Com8 : Harmsway LOD
    Com4 : CLWOD LWC

Thorned Warrior

Nice analysis, it was fun to read. Thx alot.
    Would this continue on weakly basis??
    please say yes

Natarian Knight

Quote Originally Posted by A-89 View Post
    Nice analysis, it was fun to read. Thx alot.
    Would this continue on weakly basis??
    please say yes
    Perhaps I can do a monthly one. Things dont usually change too much from week to week to warrant a full analysis. Me doing them depends entirely on you guys though. And what I mean by that is if you guys make these forums active and give me a reason to spend the time to write one up I will.

Thorned Warrior

Yeah, this place has been a ghost town so far, for the most part. I have been pretty surprised at the lack of activity here. Maybe the smack talk will pick up as catapult count increases.

It would be great if there were some alliance reps around to have a say. The SW and the NE look like they are going to be the most interesting in early game. What are relations like between Rock and Mayhem?

Finally some activity on the forum,
    nice job TheSeid,
    again, no idea here which alliance you hale from.

a monthly analysis would be appreciated,
    maybe another 'poster' would care to make their own analysis in the off fortnight,
    there seems to be enough talent on his server for someone else to step up to the job.

looking forward to a few more taunts & speculation in the forum, been a little dull to date.
    normally MDS has inflamed the forum by now, maybe the effort from the previous ts2 has left a bitter taste.
    (fishing)

popcorn anyone....munch munch..

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast