Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men: The Choice

((I apologize for the delay in post. My house was broken into and naturally my laptop was stolen among other things. No need to fret, everything is back and back to normal. Now we start.))

The crowd was enormous. But that is the way of things now ever since mutants were revealed to the public. The Mutant Search Agency, or MSA for short, was created with the passing of the Mutant Registration Act. And today, July 10th, 2020 is the fifth anniversary of the creation of the MSA. Naturally, those that supported the MSA gathered in front of the Capitol Building. The crowd flooded Capitol Hill from Smithsonian to Smithsonian all the way down to the Washington Monument. With a gathering so big, mutants were bound to be here. Some curious with what was going on, but others with intentions to instill fear and chaos. Those mutants were part of the Brotherhood.

Brayden crouched on top of the Native American History Smithsonian. Watching, waiting, ready to do whatever necessary to stop any acts against Senator Robert Kelly. He is currently raving about how mutants are dangerous but Brayden was not concerned with what Senator Kelly was saying. He was watching Quicksilver, Avalanche, and Pyro making their way to the front of the crowd with a lot of difficulty.

"Storm, where's Toad? And Blob? We know Juggernaut is with Mystique," said Brayden turning to Storm.

Almost if it was on cue, Toad's toxic saliva landed right next to Storm. Brayden rose off the roof of the Smithsonian and blue energy formed around his hands. Brayden was now Equinox. Storm also rose from the roof, her eyes turning completely white, and lightning crackling around her hands. More of Toad's toxic saliva flew at them along with a dumpster. Equinox flew forward passed the dumpster and saw Blob. He stopped above him and released two blasts of energy at Blob. Dark clouds gathered in the sky, lightning crackled, and the wind picked up. Toad jumped from the side of the building onto the roof and released a spray of toxic saliva at Storm. The wind blew the saliva to the side as Storm unleashed a bolt of lightning at Toad. Toad leaped to the side but did not see the second bolt of lightning which hit him square in the chest shooting him off the roof and into Blob. Equinox unleashed two more bolts of energy into the Blob-Toad pile blasting them into a dumpster.

~ ~ ~

"Maybe it was a good thing that you two were attacked. The sudden change in weather dispersed the crowd and stopped the Brotherhood from attacking Senator Kelly. Good work Storm and Equinox. Now that the threat on Senator Kelly is over let us get back to class."

With that, Professor X dismissed Storm and Equinox back to teach their classes. The debrief was over and they were both relieved to be back at the Mansion.

((Edit- LN13 and Sandragon are both accepted))
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in confusion 3 View Post
    What he said, Hail Hitl- I mean GA!
    Quote Originally Posted by freeze2 View Post
    GA=BA end of story.
    Quote Originally Posted by flutflutflyer View Post
    He a tank and a bromancing studhorse.

Default Character Sheet

((Still open to join?))

Name: Cressida Meadows

Description: Cressida is 142cm (4'8") tall and thin past the point of being unhealthy from undernourishment. She is very pale and has large amethyst eyes and a dark, round, mouth, giving her a perpetually haunted look. Reminiscent of Want and Ignorance from "A Christmas Carol," most people avoid looking at what they see as another hungry, homeless, and hopeless street urchin.

Background: Put into the streets as a baby, she was taken in by a family of illegal immigrants who were soon deported. Learning to starve on the streets, Cressida sank into a pattern of despair and bitterness, losing any resemblance to the cheerful girl she once was shortly before discovering her mutation. Only her efficient metabolism and unnatural speed protected her from cold, thugs, and hunger for 5 years. Then the MRA was passed.

Code Name: Flinch

Side: Neutral

Costume/Uniform: Torn street clothes and occasionally blankets in the winter. Her favourite colour is deep violet, so with the remaining shards of her vanity she searches for such cloth.

Abilities:

Major: Efficient Metabolism
    Flinch can run at speeds belying her short legs and weak looking muscles. She can also jump several times her height and switch direction very quickly. Her muscles are very efficient, allowing her to eat very little at the cost of not overusing them. She can also spin, jump or dodge projectiles and other dangers very fast, inspiring the nickname "flinch."

Minor: Heightened Awareness
    A greater sense of what's going on around her allows Flinch to respond almost instantly to things going on around her at the cost of being detached and unable to focus for long periods of time on one thing. She can see someone about to trip and help catch him, or see someone about to lunge and dart to the side.
    He who tames the dragon, dies in flame

((I resemble pretty closely the Hunter from some zombie game (left for dead I think?), except with conscious thought and ulterior motives. And I don't rip people up with my mouth or eat human flesh.))
    He who tames the dragon, dies in flame

((Yay! i was accepted to the game!
    btw. how and where do i start? i have pretty much nothing to do and what to write))

((Polloth you are accepted as well.
    @ Sandragon- Write an intro post. I have some stuff written up for after everyone's intro post.))
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in confusion 3 View Post
    What he said, Hail Hitl- I mean GA!
    Quote Originally Posted by freeze2 View Post
    GA=BA end of story.
    Quote Originally Posted by flutflutflyer View Post
    He a tank and a bromancing studhorse.

(( i won't be here to comment for 2 days or so.. just so you know))

I walk up to the great doors of the mansion, "wow, those are some big doors.. they look like someone taken them straight out of a middle ages book.", i pick up my invitation to verify that this preticular mansion, even worthy of being called a castle, is the place i was supposed to go to.
    i read the details and say "yep, this is the place."
    i walk up to door, curious and not knowing what to expect. i proceed to place my invtiation infront of the door, just like says too, and.. ((you continue please))

((P.S, i know that my comment was FULL of godmodding - claming that the mansion is big and it has middle-ages-like doors, that i got an invitation and it tells me exactly what to do. I don't and never play like this normally, however i wrote this comment the way i did because i had NO CLUE what to do and what to write. i hope you will approve.))

Elia had been relaxing in the branches of one of the tree's near the entrance when he spotted a young man about his own age wandering towards the main house. A sight that got his attention almost immediately.
    A newcomer, thats not something you see everyday. Well every so often it did happen, but still. Its not always that Elia had been given the dubious honor of being the first one to introduce himself. The others had learned ages ago that he at points his manners made Logan`s seem like those of a gentleman.
    A smirk came to him as the other pulled out a small piece of paper, most likely a invitation to the school of sorts. Why the prof still handed out paper instead of simply mail them or just fry the immage in the newblood's mind was something the young man could never understand.

Without even bothering to come off from his resting place he simply looked down towards the guy and shouted.
    "You know kid, knocking often works better."

Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up.

((I'm assuming you're talking about Sandragon's character. If you are, it's a he. If you aren't, never mind.))

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeppa View Post
    We should worship you and build you a temple and crap

((whoops fixed))

A moderate studio flat with a dusty window staring at a brick wall, filtering the few strands of pale moonlight that seeped in with admirable effect, with floating floorboards that creaked at every entry, every exit, with a number of chairs and bits to accent the open space, with rice paper partitions walling here from there, with a modest and unbecoming aura housed a young lady with a lamp and a laptop computer upon an old, oak desk that would creak in eery unison with the world around it. The scene took to a cartoonish view, the silhouette of a person staring into the unnatural glow that cast upon the open space, letting her eyes burn out slowly though surely. That was what the news would say, no? O the woes, she thought, of poor Lisa Brannigan, blind in a year for her compulsive addiction to colourful light with right-angle edges. She had just the attitude desirable to be browsing a certain image board late in the night, or, at this hour, perhaps early in the morning.

In particular, a thread concerning the mutant conventions and statutes caught her attention, no mention, among the rather uncivilised contributors of the rather concerning lack of political correctness of the term 'mutant'; it was rather harsh and foul for the elegance its benefactors possessed. That was just hers for reserved amusement, she supposed. With attempt to disregard the humans and mutants alike making discourse upon laws and action and peace and villainy, she wrote with vigour a comment—a call to action—“This 'war', if you follow the popular US hype of terming everything so ridiculously, is an embarrassing abuse of power for both sides of this mess. The MSA efforts are juvenile and ineffectual, while mutant protesters fight back in pitifully disorganised mobs. An issue has arisen that is well beyond the massive sphere of influence this or any state claims. We are bound for an independent league, and of no parallel to the spineless cowards that answer to X-Men.”

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast