Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 119 of 119

Thread: WW race

  1. #111
    Natarian Knight Monster Mash's Avatar
    Join Date
    19.09.2009
    Posts
    1,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mobiyou View Post
    Yes! Monster would wish SGR was anywhere close to Infamous. But Infamous didn't get 100+ capitals smashed by a superior opponent.
    ummm no, I seem to remember wild has had a lot of there caps smashed too, you really have a poor memory, among other short comings you neglect to mention here. Not forgetting we also have many of ur players targeted in a current ops too, but congrats all the same on being the first winner to post something totally UN-related to this thread (golf clap)

    Quote Originally Posted by Final Word View Post
    It would probably help to know he's not referring to SGR but the previous round, in the meta GoldFAT.
    Shhh don't tell Mobi that, afterall everything must be about Sgr
    guess he is still upset SGR splatted his army as well as many of his counterparts. Not to mention what Gold did in the SW. Might be embarrassing to Infamous if you start trying to compare wild to the winners here mobi

  2. #112
    Natarian Knight
    Join Date
    12.09.2009
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    You're a funny guy Monster. Sure, I have shortcomings; math not being one of them. Not sure why you want to discuss more of S1 in this thread. I was annoyed to see you comparing your S1 experience with Infamous achievements on this server. In fact, I had no clue as to why you were posting here anyway. Unlike me, you didn't play this server.
    Winner S1 2009-10 (Eximus/Ave) Winner S6 2010-11 (Wild/Exile), Winner S7/S2/S1/S5 (Wild), Winner S2 2013 (Infamous)

  3. #113
    Natarian Knight Monster Mash's Avatar
    Join Date
    19.09.2009
    Posts
    1,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mobiyou View Post
    . In fact, I had no clue as to why you were posting here anyway. Unlike me, you didn't play this server.
    I was using my past com1 server experience as an example, that's all. I was actually posting on subject and responded to an Infamous poster who said they were too lazy to plan attacks, because they didn't need too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate300 View Post
    I
    We've been doing the most lazy co-ordination the last 2weeks as well, via IGM instead of GT. What's the point of beautifully co-ordinated ops anymore when the enemy no longer seems to have any actual defense, nevermind a DC!

    The Natars will put up a better fight against us and I wish I was joking

    In reflection I merely stated that i had experianced a similar white wash victory that was a bit boring too. To which lews decided to chime in to try to correct the oc.. some how u got annoyed and took this as some sort of attack against wild and decided to trash SGR, don't really know what u were on about Mobi

    Unfortunately reality of it all is quality of players joining t4 is not the same. Few guilds are left from a bygone era that are efficient. Resulting in a heavily lop sided server we have seen here. As you say the need for an expert operation is diminished, resulting in you becoming lazy as the need is not there anymore, which takes away from exciting operations that could have been.. your guild does not get to improve as a result..
    And

    Might as well be playing against the natars as you guy's say. This is replicated for the opponent also, afterall what amateur meta would want to play against a seasoned guild, that they have no hope against ? what is the fun, point of it all ? except for the novice, bemused quads asking for you to finish the server early..

    Than from lews, but, but "actually it wasn't as easy as our oc's make out". This is all quoted for your own eyes nothing about out current com 1, oh yea

    Quote Originally Posted by lews View Post
    Flame and -> Shoo. (that's not very nice of you lews I welcomed you on com 1 and u claimed to not even play their)

    Whoops monster wasn't flaming Edit: To be fair, Chezz did call it lazy coordination, but he's a bit of a forum spinster and likes to exaggerate things to make it seem as if our victories are completely effortless. He and Amara have been the most active, hardworking leaders this server and haven't had time to be lazy. They were coordinating zeroings/chiefings involving multiple accounts right until a few hours before server end.
    Lets not forget for some reason, you turned this in to com 1 Mobi. I am more than happy to continue any com 1 discussion in the com 1 forum thread where it belong's , however lets not kid ourselves and accept this server for what it was, infamous simply bet 3 quads with little to no competition and had a relatively boring UN-challenging round. or don't be honest about it suit yourselves, I understand the need to sugar coat for members so I'll avoid posting here again mobi, if you bit your tongue about com1

  4. #114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Mash View Post
    I was using my past com1 server experience as an example, that's all. I was actually posting on subject and responded to an Infamous poster who said they were too lazy to plan attacks, because they didn't need too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Mash View Post
    I was using my past com1 server experience as an example, that's all. I was actually posting on subject and responded to an Infamous poster who said they were too lazy to plan attacks, because they didn't need too
    It's pretty obvious you're trying to knit pick over a comment and twist it to mean a conclusion that it simply does not mean.

    My comment: "We've been doing the most lazy co-ordination over the last weeks"

    Your interpretation, "oh, so that's because your opposition are so weak and it means your win here is worthless, so infamous, you're not as great as you think you are"

    Reality: Doing 15 highly co-ordinated operations since artefacts, all with 30-40 hammers, in the months prior to endgame was the reason we could afford to be lazy at the end. It's not because our opposition sucked. This server had the potential to beat us, there were some very good players on here, ElMyamo, Chaos_N_Erin, original Babyface, Cranberries etc are just to name a few. But we just blew competition out the water before it could pose a threat. It is as simple as that. The nay-sayers of Infamous can comfort themselves with the idea that "this was a weak server, Infamous was always gonna win", blah blah blah, keep telling yourself that, you never even played it. We're unbeaten in 4 servers because of who we are, not because of who our opposition are.

    And remember, I was calling it "lazy" by our standards, Infamous's standards. In the final two weeks of our server I was simply using a method that the majority of average meta's use.

    Anyhow, we'll let the facts do the talking, it's just sad that when we reach our moment of achievement, there are those jealous few that cannot help but downplay it. Why? Because they have achieved nothing of their own.

    Chezz
    Aka: Chezzmate Current IGN: Team Chezzara ts6.com | Infamous OC)

    Last server IGN: Belgarion | LCN OC ts2.com 2014

  5. #115
    Natarian Knight
    Join Date
    19.02.2009
    Posts
    1,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate300 View Post
    And remember, I was calling it "lazy" by our standards, Infamous's standards. In the final two weeks of our server I was simply using a method that the majority of average meta's use.
    Sending attack orders via IGM makes one an average meta? Or did you mean the average meta does this method over *********** planning? Because if it's the first, I beg to differ.
    Don't be a poser, Mongoose. And that is the Final Word.


  6. #116
    Natarian Knight
    Join Date
    12.06.2011
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hiraya View Post
    Yup i am and will not change ... Good movie btw :P
    that is good.. it's is better to be remembered like a crazy team, that guys who fought only for fun... yep, those 300 warriors from Sparta were some crazy guys.. isn't? Who would have thought that they will win? only a "crazy" team can fight against all... and can win... were they crazy? it is a pejorative word? of course, I'm a crazy guy, and I'm proud to be in this way...

    anyway,
    @ lews: "but we locked some WWs way back in the day." yea, that was a CRAZY server.
    @ catch, nice movie

    @all congrats for a funny server and the victory.

    Good bye... travian and s2..

  7. #117
    Axerider MALJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.10.2012
    Location
    Monaco
    Posts
    316

    Default

    There are times when a less formal op style works fine and all Chezz really did the last 2 weeks of the round was take out the tedious work of entering fakes and reals into getter. We ran a show of organized chaos. "Ask our account for a target and we'll give you one off the list, number of waves, and what to aim cats at." They chose their fakes within a certain criteria. When they were workable special requests by the hammers were also fulfilled.

    I literally have no idea how many targets we handed out to hammers (as well as anvils whose toy hammers met a minimum requirement) via IGM or on Skype. This different method Chezz decided on allowed the hammers to constantly keep moving (To the point that trainer rotation came almost to a complete halt.) with much more schedule flexibility at a time when it was very much needed by many of our hammers due to the holidays. It allowed me to even give out orders quickly from my cell phone at times.

    Infamous hammers already know how to send on the formal ops he planned all round and while such perfectly planned ops are preferred this different style gave our hammers a chance to try new things so it most definitely was a learning experience for them and they had a lot of fun. Getting to toss your hammer around as much as you want/can and on your schedule, while still helping your meta to meet its objectives, how does that not sound like fun?

    Is it disappointing and even discouraging when you find yourselves facing a lower caliber of competition then usual? Of course, but we'd be no better than our competition or bored crybabies in other metas on various servers if we just started mass deleting. While it was not the job of Infamous to make the server more competitive by not playing to our full potential it was our job to entertain ourselves and not expect others to do the work for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by bg|mod View Post
    Ignore the poor attempts at trolling, carry on as usual. Please allow me to handle the troll. -bg
    http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img537/8903/PpzdvJ.jpg

  8. #118
    Natarian Knight lews's Avatar
    Join Date
    17.01.2009
    Posts
    1,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Mash View Post
    infamous simply bet 3 quads with little to no competition and had a relatively boring UN-challenging round. or don't be honest about it suit yourselves, I understand the need to sugar coat for members so I'll avoid posting here again mobi, if you bit your tongue about com1
    I am sorry that your alliance is bad and ours is good. If you'd like to learn how to play hard so that your victories are "easy", please get in touch with me and I'll help you with that. Or not, since I think trying to teach you would be a huge pain in the behind
    ninjaplatypi -s8 2012- Infamous DC
    Ad Astra -s2 2013- Infamous DC
    Popsiclepadawan -s6 2015- Infamous DC

  9. #119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Mash View Post
    however lets not kid ourselves and accept this server for what it was, infamous simply bet 3 quads with little to no competition and had a relatively boring UN-challenging round. or don't be honest about it suit yourselves, I understand the need to sugar coat for members so I'll avoid posting here again mobi, if you bit your tongue about com1
    "Little to no competition" is not an absolute thing. Infamous strikes hard at enemies until their competitiveness goes down. You keep hitting them regularly until they give up or delete. How may people continue playing at the same level once their caps are smashed 2-3 times or their armies splat or their non-caps are chiefed? There are a lot of them who deleted once both their caps and armies were gone.

    The smaller number of players on current servers makes the task easier as the ratio is much more favorable for us these days. On previous servers, we faced much more resistance as covering every enemy player was relatively difficult considering the small size of our meta.

    Unlike zerg metas where most of the members have no visibility on the meta's goals, it would be impossible for you to find an Infamous member who is clueless about our goals. I find your use of "sugar coating" highly offensive as it is insulting to the Infamous members who made this victory look so easy.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Similar Threads

  1. WW race
    By zigma in forum Politics & diplomacy - World 6
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 05.01.2011, 16:02
  2. WAR-PFF seems they already won the race
    By WAR ZONE in forum Politics & diplomacy - Speed
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 16.12.2010, 14:01
  3. MDDragon win the race-Long race!!!!!
    By bea in forum Politics & diplomacy - World 5
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08.10.2010, 04:05
  4. NC will win WW race right ?
    By zigma in forum Politics & diplomacy - World 4
    Replies: 256
    Last Post: 28.05.2009, 07:46
  5. WW Race in S2
    By B_boy Marc in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06.02.2009, 23:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •