Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Truce ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    It's always been the same, why would they change it just because you have a complaint
    That's such a poor argumentation you got there. Every single change starts with someone or a group of people complaining about it.
    I used to be practice to hit women some years ago. Although it has always been that way, some day, we (ofc sadly enough not all of us) changed this kind of practice. I hope, you get the point

Is this the German domain? No it is not. It is the international domain what is so hard to understand about international? I personally have been on the international domain since 2009 and every year i have been here has been exactly the same. Sure it would be lovely to have a truce over Christmas and New Year here but it's not going happen and its definitely not going to happen in the end game stage and if you fail to see the importance of that then i feel sorry for you.
    If you fail to see the importance of complaining about grievances I feel even more sorry for you. Maybe you already adapted to this situation and that's just fine for me. But it does not change the fact, some of us still got the energy to talk about it once again.
    Do you really need to defend your so loved .com like you were the one deciding it? You are going with the decisions the CMs make like all of us. If you haven't got anything to complain, alright, then keep playing but please do not destroy other peoples attempts to change something.
    I didn't say it has to be the way it is on .de. All I did was giving another option to think about just to show that there are still other possibilities than just doing it like you always did. And since I am only playing on .com and .de I had to choose .de.
    Ofc I know the importance of the endgame in Travian, I've been playing more than enough. But you must agree the players wishes and priorities change from time to time and the endgame definitely lost importance over the last years.

I have PM'd the mod and directed them to this thread just for you.
    Thx for that. I don't wanna have an argumentation with you guys, I just want the CMs to know that there are probably more people who wish for truce than there are those who do not. And managing the community includes responding to the communitys wishes - at least for me.

P.S: Icetea, pls, do not feel ignored. Your argumentation was just that good that I can't fight my words to respond to it

Guardsman

1. SYN™ 52 poles/serbs (christians)
    2. AoG - 4 56 romanians/serbs (christians)
    3. AoG - 2 39 romanians/serbs (christians)
    4. Animals 44 italians (christians)
    5. TQL 34 norwegians (christians)
    6. AoG - 7 56 romanians/serbs (christians)
    7. EIS 18 germans (christians)
    8. ASA 44 don't know exactly, europeans (christians)
    9. AoG - 3 39 romanians/serbs (christians)
    10. RU 31 russians (christians)
    11. AoG - 1 29 romanians/serbs (christians)
    12. AoG - 5 27 romanians/serbs (christians)
    13. AoG-TLL™ romanians/serbs (christians)
    14. ET 15 scandinavians (christians)
    15. Nuby 25 poles (christians)
    16. SYN™ w poles/serbs (christians)

[the other alliances are too small even worth to mention]

well, naturally I know, that not everyone has to be Christian who comes from a certain country. But at least 95% of the player playing here are from the same cultural environment called 'The West'. You don't have to believe in god to celebrate Christmas but you still celebrate it because it is a party of your culture.
    Of course you will find a few people who do not want to celebrate Christmas but these few you find easily on every singe Spanish, Italian, German or Norwegian server too. But the majority of players would appreciate a truce at Christmas and anyone who denies that fact has no clue.

Supporting argument: In Germany are only living 62% Christians. But no one would ever come up with the idea to cancel the Christmas truce because there are 38% non-Christians who may not celebrate it. And it is the same here. The server is called "com" but in fact we are mainly all Europeans who celebrate Christmas. So I don't get the point in ignoring the fact.

I would love a seriously response. 'Seriously' in this context means, that the author thought at least 5 seconds before he starts to write a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnuffihäschen View Post
    That's such a poor argumentation you got there. Every single change starts with someone or a group of people complaining about it.
    You are still missing the whole point, despite not only being the 'international domain' its in endgame stage. The rules your domain follows are different to here. I come from Australia, We celebrate Christmas, our domain has a Christmas truce, but does not have a truce if its in 'endgame'.

I used to be practice to hit women some years ago. Although it has always been that way, some day, we (ofc sadly enough not all of us) changed this kind of practice. I hope, you get the point
    You practiced hitting women? It was a practice to hit women in your country? OR You practice hitting on women?

If you fail to see the importance of complaining about grievances I feel even more sorry for you. Maybe you already adapted to this situation and that's just fine for me. But it does not change the fact, some of us still got the energy to talk about it once again.
    You can complain all you want about your grievances about not having a truce on your game over Christmas, but Durisbane, and myself have already told you why there is no truce, and you tell him not to point because he has no official powers. You are the type of person who can give it but can't take it

Do you really need to defend your so loved .com like you were the one deciding it? You are going with the decisions the CMs make like all of us. If you haven't got anything to complain, alright, then keep playing but please do not destroy other peoples attempts to change something.
    My so loved domain would be .au not .com we never said we were the ones deciding it, we were simply telling you (who is new to this domain) how the truces work here.

I didn't say it has to be the way it is on .de. All I did was giving another option to think about just to show that there are still other possibilities than just doing it like you always did. And since I am only playing on .com and .de I had to choose .de.
    I play on .de speed server that started like a week ago i am not on there preaching for them to change it so we have no truce over Christmas because the Pakistan alliance doesn't celebrate Christmas

Ofc I know the importance of the endgame in Travian, I've been playing more than enough. But you must agree the players wishes and priorities change from time to time and the endgame definitely lost importance over the last years.
    again you are making it about YOU, because technically the endgame has not lost importance, it is the deciding factor in who wins the game.

Thx for that. I don't wanna have an argumentation with you guys, I just want the CMs to know that there are probably more people who wish for truce than there are those who do not. And managing the community includes responding to the communitys wishes - at least for me.
    The honest truth is that the CM will most likely respond to this thread as they don't seem to check in here a lot, despite a PM asking them too, you are better off sending a PM and i guarantee you will get the same respond Durisbane originally stated.

So if it was not for people like him you could have gone the rest of the server not even knowing why there was no truce over the Christmas period.

Quote Originally Posted by Schneeente View Post
    Pointless stats about how i know where every player comes from
    i pretty much answered everything you stated above.

Quote Originally Posted by Schneeente View Post
    Supporting argument: In Germany are only living 62% Christians. But no one would ever come up with the idea to cancel the Christmas truce because there are 38% non-Christians who may not celebrate it. And it is the same here. The server is called "com" but in fact we are mainly all Europeans who celebrate Christmas. So I don't get the point in ignoring the fact.
    I found this quite comical. Well i just came up with the idea to cancel the Christmas truce on the de domain for the 3x speed as i am playing there. 61% of the top 200 players do NOT celebrate Christmas so i think we should cancel the truce.
    Quote Originally Posted by bg|mod View Post
    Tis true, I wouldn't mess with The Tim. You're pretty much asking for a lightening bolt where the sun don't shine! BOW TO THE TIM. BOW! DO IT! DO IT NOW!

Guardsman

Whew, I'm so relieved that you'll never be in a position to decide anything but your own actions. With such short-sighted thoughts you could ruin many lives ^^
    Have a nice day Timbo and don't start to use your brain - this could cause a catastrophic overload which melts away the remaining sawdust.

As I already wrote you in a pn, I am truly truly sorry for missing a "t" in my sentence. The fact you need to point it out is just some evidence, you are bored and need someone to argue with you.
    You now stated like the second time you and that other guy already told us about the reasons there is no truce. Now Schneeente took those arguments, made a list and you state it as pointless. So you aren't even interested in those facts but only in tradition?
    I know you guys already told us your superior opinion, but to be honest, I am only interested in an official statement. That has nothing to do with you, it is just due to the fact that I have seen more than enough statements which proved to be wrong in the end.
    And since it is a serious matter to us (those interested in this thread), I would like to hear that official answer. Phanttis put himself as Moderator of this area, so he should have a look at it from time to time. If you are not interested in it or even already know it, just fine. Nobody asks you to respond or follow this thread. Just leave it be.

P.S. It's just a matter of fact that the endgame lost in importance. You can easily see this in different threads where players asks for new endgameideas etc. I am wondering who is making about himself here...

Thorned Warrior

say it need to change cause so many people not in it?

you tell ppl not to reply to this thread they told u fact why there no truce you just blatantly ignorent ppl
    Last edited by Phanttis; 19.12.2013 at 11:55. Reason: edited

Axerider

Honestly the more you argue with Tim the more you bury yourself, every post you make trying to out do him, just looks ridiculous.

I was simply trying to offer you my advice and experience to why there was no truce, but you go and throw it in my face because i don't have an authority title. That's fine and all, I don't mind if i was in a better mood i would argue with you too like Timbo but right now i just can't be bothered to point out all your flaws.

So i will take the more civil approach to the situation.

66% of the world population of 7.1B are not christian, now im not saying that all 66% don't celebrate christmas, But statistics prove that close to 2.5B people do not celebrate Christmas.

Of course the players can make some agreements themselves. You do not need any support from travian team.

And ice tea, idk who you are, but chill out.
    Want to be a better player? Come watch my vids.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcvcMFxBPNs

Teamlead Customer Service Phanttis's Avatar

Hello,

COM is the only International domain in Travian and as such we try to be as culture/religion independent as possible, not to favor one over another. Christmas is both culture and religious holiday... we simply cannot honor it over other religious holidays. I mean, from our perspective Christmas is exactly as important reason for a truce as any major celebration of another religion or culture.

In the end we cannot have truce every 1-2 weeks due to one of the over 100 nationalities that play in this domain, having an important reason for it. National domains may honor all their nationally important days, but we simply cannot do them all and we are not the ones to decide which are 'more equal' than others.

It is 'all or none' situation and so, we decided that New Year is the only common one and we can have that only. Also, it is not generally a religious celebration. Even about that we received some questions why we honor it, but not the Chinese New Year. That is usually somewhere around end of January to mid-February, changing yearly.

Regards,
    Phanttis
    You've got a question? You can find the answer here: T2.5/T3 Answers / T4 Answers / New User Moderation

Moderators work on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

For Travian: Legends support, please first take a look at answers. If you cannot find what you are looking for, use the in-game support request form or write in-game message to Support.

Travian: Legends global scoreboard

Quote Originally Posted by CM Phanttis View Post
    Hello,

COM is the only International domain in Travian and as such we try to be as culture/religion independent as possible, not to favor one over another. Christmas is both culture and religious holiday... we simply cannot honor it over other religious holidays. I mean, from our perspective Christmas is exactly as important reason for a truce as any major celebration of another religion or culture.

In the end we cannot have truce every 1-2 weeks due to one of the over 100 nationalities that play in this domain, having an important reason for it. National domains may honor all their nationally important days, but we simply cannot do them all and we are not the ones to decide which are 'more equal' than others.

It is 'all or none' situation and so, we decided that New Year is the only common one and we can have that only. Also, it is not generally a religious celebration. Even about that we received some questions why we honor it, but not the Chinese New Year. That is usually somewhere around end of January to mid-February, changing yearly.

Regards,
    Phanttis
    Ty Phanttis

Also i believe Chinese new year is the equivalent to "Christmas" for the people that celebrate it, anyway that's what the Chinese ally i was in last server told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bg|mod View Post
    Tis true, I wouldn't mess with The Tim. You're pretty much asking for a lightening bolt where the sun don't shine! BOW TO THE TIM. BOW! DO IT! DO IT NOW!

Guardsman

I agree, in theory you are doing the right thing. If the players were from all over the world in equal share, celebrating Christmas would be an insult, true. But in reality the majority of the players on .com are Europeans/Americans/Australians and they all celebrate Christmas. You can easily figure out with the help of the IP address or just ask the top400 manually (top400 is enough because everyone below 10k pop isn't playing seriously anyway and wouldn't even notice the truce).

Even our CM is from Europe and probably everyone discussing here is celebrating Christmas too - it's such a farce.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast