Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: On Sabotage and Sock Puppets

Thorned Warrior

This server is quickly becoming a farce. What is it now, 15-20 IM accounts hacked? Sigh. So much promise of a legendary server rapidly spiralling down the drain.

Quote Originally Posted by i_love_travian View Post
    What you did is no different from breaking into a house and ransacking. And you'll get the same amount of respect as someone who breaks into houses. Weak password is no excuse, the same way a weak door is no excuse to break in.

I'd be disappointed if you're a person older than 17. If you're indeed a kid, please read this: Sabotage is not the way to deal with disagreements. You'd do much better if you are able to state your disagreement, hopefully without damaging the relationship, and move on. (That way you get things off the chest and focus on your priorities).

It starts with figuring out what's really important in your life. Was it so important to you to damage a few in-game accounts that you forfeit any chance of gaining friends or respect from this group of players?

Hope you grow up sooner than later.
    If he is a kid, he shouldn't be playing Travian, since the terms of Travian Games state clearly that the game is only for people over 18 years of age
    Past com servers : finals, com10, com2 -com1-com5 (WILD!), com4 (IM)

Default You got me!

You got me guys.

I'm 8.

Thorned Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Pignouf View Post
    If he is a kid, he shouldn't be playing Travian, since the terms of Travian Games state clearly that the game is only for people over 18 years of age
    An under 18 reading the TOCs and sticking to them for a browser war game. Now there would be a miracle

Thorned Warrior

Hi Everyone... I am hardly in forum sorry for the guys which sent pm to me and got answer a bit late..

We are totally shocked by seeing this happened again in the 2nd server which we are playing under our old team tag... We're still in contact with TG about these issues cause if this continues to happen ,then we are not gonna play here anymore. Cause it will be only a waste of time if we are going to find our accounts hacked in weeks later ...

Quote Originally Posted by le-frigo View Post
    Hi Kizzy.
    Yeah, this last server those cheatings took down a lot of moral. I sincerly hope that this time TG takes strong action against all forms of cheating. Talking about hacking but also the attack-planners being used by AXIS. It really seems the same group/person being behind it and it is for the second time on an AXIS server while AXIS is not being targetted. Last time we had GRID and Axis blaming each others for causing all the cheating ...
    Quote Originally Posted by le-frigo View Post
    Well, GRID accused Axis to hack PPGoDz accounts and send those attacks on GRID. Axis blamed GRID to have done it. Both join up and from that moment on deny any hacking incident...

Sometimes it was even just about converting gold into silver and back to gold and to silver again and back to gold, ... History, mrs_h and around 10 accounts in total got effected. Some of them quit travian after that. And Gold got refunded by TG but the awkward feeling didnt.

I am on holidays, cant see what is written on skype. But it all looks very similar to the last time, just with IM instead of PPGoDz being hacked. It is an open secret that the top crew of AXIS is using any means and doesnt play too much to the rules. Hence they have been banned already for other verdicts this server and didnt get banned on com6 due to a MH ignoring facts. From what i understand about this server: IM got an alliance called Titans that dont like IM. Those Titans are connected to Axis and Panth. So there are numerous option still open, my bet is as usual on AXIS

As for the backdrop of the server: i doubt this is an option to be chosen. TG first avoided to take over any responsibility last time when these issues happened. Although after long conversations gold got refunded.
    It's a shame that this friend is blaming us about it...
    Firstly, I don't remember we blamed GRID on that issue in ts6, nor PPG/GODZ or any other teams in that server.
    Same is here.. We don't blame any team cause we respect our enemies and hoping they do the same
    Ofc It's our 2nd server with this name but I've played lots of com servers before and see it happened at those servers,too.. It's not new.. So take my advice dude, think before you say something...

Quote Originally Posted by Daki View Post
    I would say, Axis is playing this round.
    Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by MementoMori View Post
    It was me.

Why just IM? Perhaps discontent is trying to be expressed? Maybe it was a petty grudge from another meta? Could it be a ploy to weaken IM as a whole? Who knows?

Will it stop? Again, to be decided.

Memento Mori.
    heh It is unsightly that you are proud of it ! We (as Muslims) believe that one day you will pay for it , So I got nothing more to say ... Try my account Maybe then these guys will stop blaming us..
    here's a guidance for my pw: :P

----------------------------------------------------
    Attacker is mentioning that IM is his target... so leave the hack which has been done weeks ago on wilds !!!
    ----------------------------------------------------

At last but not least , As the hacked troops are on the way to a wild player, I kindly ask from Wilds leadership to stop defending those troops and dodge them.. The stolen resources and damages with catas (if there is any cata) can be restored.

Quote Originally Posted by Nizahi View Post
    Hey please you know why we wanted little compensation, we have around 300 animals which have cost alot of gold so yeah ofc we are interested of gold. But that thing is now done. We need to look in the future and stop this freak show.

-Nizahi | Natsu
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffty1 View Post
    Hmmm?? i posted in IM leadership room that i would buy the 250 gold and release animals but it was insisted that it go thru paypal (which I could not do)and not sitter function. Was this the offer you are referring too?

I 100% agree time to move past, have a great game all
    Quote Originally Posted by VVV View Post
    Damn,

I wished I'd known about this earlier on, I would have bought the goddamned gold myself to end this ****...

@Natsu(s) : My friend(s), I believe you can play an important role in this matter. All we achieve from this game is new friends and nothing else.. So try to find a nice way to help others not to make them think bad about you

Sorry for being a Chatterbox :P

Best Wishes,
    Mehdi

Quote Originally Posted by Mehdi AvAtAr View Post
    @Natsu(s) : My friend(s), I believe you can play an important role in this matter. All we achieve from this game is new friends and nothing else.. So try to find a nice way to help others not to make them think bad about you i
    We have indeed found a solution. Anything else (our poor animals) went out the window when we saw the large scale of the situation. Everyone have to work together on trying to fix something like this.

@MementoMori:

I too have held grudges in the past. It's just not worth it. It only makes you unhappy. My advice to you would be to focus on something positive and the door will be open for good things to come to you.

Natarian Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Final Word View Post
    Just an FYI for all: because a password has symbols and numbers, like @!132etc, doesn't mean it's "strong". It's actually harder to crack 4+ word phrases like "my pretty little pony" (spaces included). Also, don't download anything on skype just in case someone's trying to pass along a keylogger.

http://xkcd.com/936/ illustrates this pretty well.
    Just bumping my post here, as it's important.

In addition, this table shows the password entropy one can achieve with various types of passwords (numbers only, alphanumeric, case-sensitive etc.) and the length of characters required to achieve a sufficiently strong password:

http://gyazo.com/51198f86cae0a56cde6d05b29af39666

Those wondering what Diceware passwords are - it is using a randomized list of words (over 7000 included in Diceware's database), to create a passphrase. A person uses a 6-sided die to roll 5 times. These 5-number strings then correspond to a word. Then you do that for however many words you want to use. This creates randomness rather than thinking you're being random. Entropy only increases sufficiently with the number of words and characters used, not hiding or replacing individual characters with symbols. In some cases, for example replacing all "A"s in your password to "@"s can actually make it easier to crack.

Diceware's English list can be found here: http://world.std.com/~reinhold/diceware.wordlist.asc They also have other lists in several other languages. For other language databases, Google is your friend.

The desired entropy is currently minimum 80 to about 256 (considered impossible to brute force in your lifetime). For Diceware, this means using 5-30 word passphrases. Thirty is a bit much (and probably no room to input, but 5-7 words is sufficient for a year long server.) For numbers-only password this means using 25-78 number string, and for alphanumeric (all lower case), it's 16-50 character strings. The phrases, therefore, are much easier to remember, but they must be truly random.

In addition, change your password not often, but 2-3 times over the server, sticking to the randomness technique. If you change your password often without really increasing the length, you actually stand a greater chance of making an easier password out of sheer laziness.

That's all.
    Don't be a poser, Mongoose. And that is the Final Word.

@Final Word

Have to give comment...

1. Longer password, stronger.
    2. Random sequence of characters/symbols? Problem is hard to memorize. If you put sequence of real words instead it's easier to memorize. So you say it's better to use sequence of real words. What is problem with that idea? Well first would say social engineering, but as you said let's presume they are truly random in some sense... Do I see problem still? Yes, because you assume only way machine can do code cracking is by randomly rotating all possible letter combinations, which is very false thinking. Most obvious in what you are presenting, what if someone have that 7000 words list? How hard is to crack it then? You suddenly are piss easy to cracked...

To put it short, if you choose between random word sequences, or randoms symbols/characters, presuming both are in total of same length of characters... would pick random symbols/characters any day.

Regards
    com5 - Sparky

Default F U with Love :P

Quote Originally Posted by MementoMori View Post
    You got me guys.

I'm 8.
    lol,
    and what trained by NSA :P , under the order of gruffyn to hack IM into pieces?? , then send them to WILD
    you ought to know better by now. you will never make friends, you will never WIN and will always end up hacking the accounts of people who you can only hope to win over a fair fight!
    So yeah, go lick your lollipops, and die in your basement

As tunex said, we are we, do hell with yourself
    let the rest enjoy the game, unlike you who can only cry over losses in battle

YET, i pray to god that you get back your sanity or atleast end up in the care of a nice mental institution somewhere in the world,may be , just may be.. there is still hope for a brain surgery *optimism* *sarcasm* *finger*

PS: do you have short term memory loss or something? memento is a movie related to the same. :^)

============================================

On another Note:
    Please change the passwords everyone Dont let such Fools come in disguise and make you regret for the rest of the server
    and cheers to supporters, it helps to know you are there.

As a fellow IM, I am glad that the players are extending full support to the ones affected by this thank you and please continue to do so *bow* ; this is virtual humanity

-A
    Last edited by ani911; 05.10.2014 at 18:50. Reason: adding some more details for memento :P
    S5-IM ; S3-TR!

Guardsman

Quote Originally Posted by Daki View Post
    @Final Word

Have to give comment...

1. Longer password, stronger.
    2. Random sequence of characters/symbols? Problem is hard to memorize. If you put sequence of real words instead it's easier to memorize. So you say it's better to use sequence of real words. What is problem with that idea? Well first would say social engineering, but as you said let's presume they are truly random in some sense... Do I see problem still? Yes, because you assume only way machine can do code cracking is by randomly rotating all possible letter combinations, which is very false thinking. Most obvious in what you are presenting, what if someone have that 7000 words list? How hard is to crack it then? You suddenly are piss easy to cracked...

To put it short, if you choose between random word sequences, or randoms symbols/characters, presuming both are in total of same length of characters... would pick random symbols/characters any day.

Regards
    How would having that list make it any easier to crack? And how else are you going to crack it besides randomly trying combos?
    2012 com7 Farmageddon CWL =:= 2011 com9 Yadz Demons =:= 2009 com8 Farmagedd0n Kindred
    2008 com8 Ekar apeiron

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast