Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Downtime

Thorned Warrior

Well done Travian team you have finally brought me to my senses.., over the years my wife has asked time and again "why do you waste money on thst stupid game?" My answer was always because I have fun and meet new people. In fact have met a couple of my fellow teammates that I met in game in person. Over the years I usually spent two E pack a month up until arty release or shortly there after. This server was slightly different as I chose to play less but regardless still bought at least one E pack of gold per month at $62.49 .. I never once stopped or cared about the money until now. As this server has been repeated BS downtimes, roll backs , and please forgive us from travian you have made me think, " Am I getting what I pay for?"

So I started to think back over the server I have played.. Some being very quick and some taking well over a year to finish back in the classic days.. My first server being in 2009 which if I recall you did not offer E packs then , gold was in smaller packages so I may have bought more than a couple a month.. As I cannot recall exactly and am far to lazy to pull up old cc record I decided to estimate the early years and give more accurate of the last couple years of T4.

2009(my first server) - 2012= Figure $24.99 a month for 36 months. $899.64 one server (keep in mind I played multiple servers a few times during this period but am only trying to rough estimate)

2012- present = 40 months x $62.49= $2,499.60 As i stated i usually spent two e pack per month up until arty release and then dropped to around one.. But as I did not take breaks between server into account the two average out..

So on the light side over the years I have spent at least $3,400 on this game happily and even defended it to my wife.. But thanks to your staffs incompetence and repeated acts of BS you have shown me the light and the ridiculousness of spending any money on this game or its service.

When I buy something I expect a quality product or experience and sadly that is no more.

So again thank you for showing me the light as you have seen the last of Dogger and his credit cards..
    Last edited by Tschena; 03.04.2015 at 07:59.
    Dogger

Guardsman

Quote Originally Posted by mobiyou View Post
    Now that made no sense whatsoever. It seems you have been playing a different server or are enjoying the ganja a bit to much.
    Yes Im too small , in Rank , in offense and in defense stats to keep talking to you .....
    No wonder who is playing in a different server....
    And definately the arguments you use and we all read reveal your experties in forum and of course the level of communication you try to establish with your comments. Sorry but I cannot follow you to this path.
    Last edited by Mafiozos; 03.04.2015 at 01:02.
    Al Capone - HELLAS-CWL-IMMORTALS com4,com5,com7
    KillerCap Goats-Com1
    Grk-Com1,com5

Guardsman

Quote Originally Posted by debal View Post
    You are right, its ok to blame the resturant. Then why are you blaming the other customers who have been eating in that same resturant for the food poisoning they all had?

get your analogies straight. You and I are both customers to TG. So blame and complain to TG not wild
    I didnt blame of Wild for the posetive influnece the mistakes of the game had to them
    I blamed the Travian unreliable game to set a fair server with all these crashes
    It's undebiable even from the first time player of this game that seting no starvation period in WW phase
    while the enemy team started attacking is far more than a descent and fair game to play. Wild were just in place to take advantage of it...twice(once more just after roll back that revived a big hammer of wild after being zeroed)
    So , once more I tell you clearly to understand. The mistakes are of Travian Team , the one we blame ,and not wild. Just Wild took great advantage of these continues crashes that ended up not to be a fir fight with all these that happened
    Last edited by Mafiozos; 03.04.2015 at 00:57.
    KillerCap Goats-Com1
    Grk-Com1,com5

Quote Originally Posted by deepak007 View Post
    on the other hand people who were suppose to launch on WILD artifacts/WW/WWk could not do so cause of server downtime giving WILDER more benefit.
    at the same time wild can't do planned inserts, send defense...on attacks that were en route. it effects ALL involved on com5.
    at the same time this downtime happens on com1, us, uk... all servers, effecting ALL involved.
    at the same time some of these posters sit there thinking travian revolves around them! some even self proclaiming themselves as Gods!

I always thaught travian was game of gold abusers and multis"
    well you thought wrong. you don't need to abuse gold to have a successful/useful account for the meta.

and i start with com1(goodluck aza)
    Thanks

-----------

understand that this gesture(asking for rollback) intends to try and make it a fair play, because of the downtime. tunex posted a link to official TG announcement on this matter (here) as all can see, even they don't have a lot of information.

Now, if you don't see the rollback as fair, that's fine. You have a right for an opinion, suggestions, just as much as all others do.

BUT do not come here, and accuse with such crazy allegations. really outrageous, and clearly, disrespectful.

All these aside, WILD did put up 15+ defense in the wonder, and that is impressive.

AND if you can't give proper credit, what other kind of response would you expect?

soon, we shall see what has been training in your villages. and if you guys have so much doubt in your alliance, i suggest to not tel the opponent know. because it's not over yet... fireworks are soon, right?

P.S. Hi Dogger! hope you will "rollback" to travian
    Last edited by aZameGa; 03.04.2015 at 01:20. Reason: a
    s9- ONE('09) | s5- MAD('10) | ts10- Ultima('10) | ts6- PPGoDz('13) | ts1- GOATS('14)
    ts5- WILD('14) | ts2.us- H&S('15) | ts1- SGR('15) | ts4- Ruthless('15) | ts2- CWL('16)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by aZameGa View Post
    P.S. Hi Dogger! hope you will "rollback" to travian
    i wish i do not, i am fed up of being convinced to join over and over again :/after all we love the game no matter the accusations!!

what makes me fearful is that TG doesnt have any kind of system to deal with these kinds of situations. YES, i consider roll backs a scenario, but rolling back just for a couple of players like last time, was unjustifiable. (depending upon the zeus side, because they spent endless time planning and faking targets, even "they" said they lost troops as they weren't pre informed about the roll back, which is a WTF! o.O sign for TG and WILD because they still lost their def),
    There was no possible correct solution that would make both sides happy. what if villa was gone, zeus hammers gone, but the def returned? would it have been an equalised situation then???

In this scenario, its even worse!!
    What do we do now? we cant have a proper rollback unless its a lot more than 48 hrs!! and less than i think not more than a few hours tops.
    Travian is over, atleast for me
    now i can complete my higher studies in peace :P without having to wake up in the middle of the night npc'ing, when all it actually takes is a few extra logins/outs, and the server crashes. EUREKA! save crop, no starvation!!
    Last edited by ani911; 03.04.2015 at 01:34. Reason: :^)
    S5-IM ; S3-TR!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Davis View Post
    @ocean11 : we didn't ask for Gira's offer. At this point let the bad hand play.

Why is it only wild player's asking for rollback? I thought IM played a bad hand LOL...
    yeah, i knew what IM want long time ago. just understand better now. After yesterday IM splat on our hammer village, i don't want rollback either. and i can say, most of wild players and leaders don't want rollback.

now, we have put up enough def in WW. let's see IM's last hand.

Quote Originally Posted by tuffty1 View Post
    When I buy something I expect a quality product or experience and sadly that is no more.

So again thank you for showing me the light as you have seen the last of Dogger and his credit cards..
    I am of the same situation (thought I do hope that since 2007 I have spent less than $3,400!)

The money I spend on gold each month should guarantee a certain level of service, and given I am one of thousands on a server, of the tens of thousands on a domain, the service delivered is abysmal. And no doubt we will get an email with 100 free gold to .com, and a 'Come Battle For Supremacy in T5!'.

I am glad that this is my last server. Ive put in more effort than any before, and am happy with my results, but also glad to call it quits hereafter.

On the topic of a roll-back, my view is it is purely to present the players with an equal footing for the final few days. Hammers at full strength, defence at full strength, hard work prepared to be put to the ultimate test.

Pikeman

Gira's first post was written during the downtime. She had no idea at that point that TG would revive starved troops, or setting a long non-starvation period. What she asked for was a freeze and then rollback, meaning that Wild would not see which attacks were real before they actually happened.

I think this would have been a good idea, but TG chose their "standard quick fix", revive troops + a day or so of non starvation. In middle game or so, this is usually ok, but this late in EG it is just ridiculous. Almost bizarre having a WW of 90+ and WWKs marching on it with starvation deactivated. I guess TG wanted to start all their servers asap, and doing the quick fix everywhere was the quickest way to do it. Understandable to a certain point, but still a terrible way to handle your customers IMO.

I am pretty sure Wild would be able to feed the WW until the attacks, as I believe IM (and allies) would be able to feed their WWKs. They missed the chance to add more attacks in the right order and timing, we missed the chance to send inserts (on the non WW attacks) and def to WW from some locations.

Maybe this is still a slight (I think it is much less than you do) benefit to Wild, but as Gira and other Wildlings has stated in this thread: We don't want any such advantage

Let's hope this downtime didn't decide the outcome of the server.

Thorned Warrior

Last week they send fake attacks to Pink Unicorn, and Wild changed from UD to Large Architect, call all-in. In the end, we still be able to feed our troops, so I don't know why we cannot feed them this time.

The downtime affected IM in 3 ways:
    1 - Starvation of WWK troops: TG reversed that negative impact; and they don't have to feed their WWK marching to our WW (easier for those who have to change cap, and those who have to rely on friendly push to feed their troops);
    2 - Inability to launch troops: So far no one complain, so I hope that all was sent
    3 - Starvation of WW defense: Of course it benefit us, but as wrote above, we are confident of feeding our troops, with or without deactivation of starvation

Guardsman

Now is it understood how ridiculous was the previous discussion , when a WW is at 90 some days left for the ww race and when
    the enemy team send their ww hammers on that WW you give free pass starvation mode for all those hours allowing enemy team to send everything offense and defense in their WW without worrying that they will starve their offense armies even by a single unit as normally they would have great starvation first as biggest numbers from same village and would never been sent)
    It happened first time in travian history and ofc with the also first time in travian history all hammers of a meta to dont even do a scratch to this WW . Enjoy your honorable victory Wild and wish you all the servers from now on to be played with these
    standards for you so as to enjoy your game
    And for travian team this was the biggest mess up I saw you have done in a server the last 10 years I play travian
    Congrats all.... and sweet dreams
    KillerCap Goats-Com1
    Grk-Com1,com5

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast