Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Downtime

Pikeman

Default Downtime

Well this sucks the whole server was down for hours tonight. I guessing a lot of players have lost a lot of troops. Hammers incoming on city's big def in WW city got to hope they do some thing to bring the server back on track as this is shocking. All the hard work to build the troops and travian goes down and kills it for us all. So sad to see lets see what or if they do any thing about it at all. We can only hope i guess.

Starts to be hard to remember server were wasn't any end game issue...

But yea... it is safe to presume that some end game hammers might have starved (lucky I wasn't among them), and for sure some defense in WW villages. And considering this is not announced or unannounced server maintenance, but unexpected technical problem that caused it, we might have decent chance to see a roll back.

Meanwhile, I guess we will see hammers on the way now.
    com5 - Sparky

Savages eating themselves. My troop numbers dropped by 20k. This is a disaster.

Wohooo, more server issues... Maybe TG should get some stable servers before they pump out new travian versions only designed to net them more income!

Odd how TG in the days of T2, early T3, could afford stable servers for 25k players at start, and 10k players around endgame PER server, when the only thing you could buy was Travian Plus, yet it's impossible now to have stable servers for a TOTAL of 17k players ON ALL of the .com servers...
    Last edited by wishmaster3; 02.04.2015 at 09:47.

Animis opibusque parati
    Latest server: SGC @ com1 - http://i.imgur.com/PDGiaoa.jpg | Current: Retired

Default Downtime

(5 hours ago)
    to Travian
    I am hugely disappointed in the enormous crash today of the travian servers. Our wonder race was in its critical last hours with our enemies hammers inbound on us landing in two groups, on our wonder hammers 9:50 today and on our wonder at 3:50 tomorrow. As we were juggling our plans, dodging them to a chiefable village, landing chiefs seconds after and needing another round of chiefs in motion to take the village with the wonder needing to be queued at 1:28 and the plans activating at 2:13... the server flickers. 2 minutes until the hero lands to move plans and its down...then up briefly and I was able to demolish the treasury..and down again... and my chiefs hit without my teammate being able to take down the residence

In all seriously, this downtime is ruining the end of a long hard server for us. We have 16.5 million troops in our wonder, we have a ton of endgame hammers that were getting orders. We have a hammer train incoming that was lining up IM's last best chance at stopping us - and they still had HUGE hammers to add (*sniffle* DUDE we want to see you!) - now there is no way their hard work and beautifully timed landing can be pulled off. These last hours are so neck and neck for the win that for the first time in 5 servers, Wild is not the absolute clear winner - and we are all on the edge of our seats to see if we can bring in the 20 million defense total we need to bounce their hammers. Or if there is one last hammer remaining that will tip the victory in their favor....

I do not know how you can fix this. We cannot just resume play suddenly, not for planned events like this. The game end is scheduled for Sunday if they cannot knock us back. None of us can hover over the computers obsessively to see if it become live suddenly again. IF you rollback to the first errors that occurred, you would need to do a delayed and announced resumption of the server so that everyone was ready for it to occur - and on a holiday weekend for a good portion of the world this would create havok inside families and create an enormous amount of undue hardship.

I hope that you do consider a rollback - I want to see IM's hammers hit in their glorious precision and watch Wild roll out its layered defensive plan, as well as launch its own retaliation against IM. However, I would ask that you announce that due to the server crash, the server will resume Monday at whatever time the errors started occurring - and that you announce the time it will resume, and the server time "day" and "time" it will restart at. This gives all of us a chance to resume play where we left it off - for IM to finish launching their hammers on our wonder, for my team to finish dodging around our artifacts under the incoming and for everyone's hammers in motion to resume as they were scheduled - and with their owners ready to start where they left off. Wild might lose out on on the element of surprise for our defense, but its worth it for knowing that everyone had a chance to be there and be ready and finish out the server well.

In support of the current state of the server, I emailed our excel file that shows our 953 incoming that IM has sent....please give them a chance to finish launching so we can also finish defending....

Thank you for your consideration,

Girasoul
    Founding Alpha of Wild
    If Elephants Flew, If Whales Walked, If Tigers Tittered...
    And in Travian Men act like Mice and Mice spread their Wings and Fly
    Just dont get under the elephants when the mice go by

Thumbs down We will miss you travian

After having played for 8 years, the maintainance on this server has been the worst! EVER!
    each time ending up in the opposite favor of IM. Unlike others, i wouldnt say they favor WILD, as i would like all sides to reach a reasonable decision, but no side should be left with a disadvatageous situation.

Same goes for this round. Many hammers of IM are enroute to WILD WW and artifacts, this is no big secret.

Due to the unannounced and blissful maintainance, many of the hammers enroute starved, some starved at home. The TG team says they will restore the troops, but what about the delays WE had in sending those attacks because you couldnt maintain a server with lesser players than ever before. We now cannot land in the order we wanted to, our strategy scrapped!!!

Regarding roll back, why do you want a rollback now? after having made so many players frustrated enough that they have decided this to be their last server!!

What will the roll back achieve if our hammer lands and then you guys decide to do a roll back, the enemies will have our hammer counts upto 99% precision. They can develop the perfect defense strategy!!
    WHat do we do then, will you give us a random boost in troops count to make the numbers differ?? will you somehow erase their memories of our landings?? Or perhaps you should simply abandon the server right here, as any decision taken now forth will be an abomination to good sports-spirit.

There is no correct answer to this. IT will always be debatable, the most depressing fact is that despite spending 100's of $$ on this game, we least expect it to stay up and running, especially at such a critical point of time in the server where all the months of work goes down to the drain.

once is a mistake, twice is ignorance...you know what third is

Travian has changed over the years, and not for the better!! WE will MISS you, our old mostly "available" travian

As the good bye note, this server will be my last on travian T4. I will still finish the one server i started on Kingdoms as good faith i share with my friends there.

-ani (known by many other names as well )
    Last edited by ani911; 02.04.2015 at 12:19. Reason: Felt bad for scolding travian, so removed a few cuss words :@
    S5-IM ; S3-TR!

I think there were more issues than just downtime in the server upset; my troop counts in battle reports did not match my troop counts @ rally points. (Battle report numbers were wrong). I don't like balancing my checkbook and I sure am not going to keep playing a game where I have to double check troop counts. Sayonara.

Quote Originally Posted by Daki View Post
    Starts to be hard to remember server were wasn't any end game issue...

But yea... it is safe to presume that some end game hammers might have starved (lucky I wasn't among them), and for sure some defense in WW villages. And considering this is not announced or unannounced server maintenance, but unexpected technical problem that caused it, we might have decent chance to see a roll back.

Meanwhile, I guess we will see hammers on the way now.
    Starvation or not i realy hope we will not have a roll back ,all i want is to end this sh.t server
    "

Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae."

Quote Originally Posted by girasoul View Post
    (5 hours ago)
    to Travian
    I am hugely disappointed in the enormous crash today of the travian servers. Our wonder race was in its critical last hours with our enemies hammers inbound on us landing in two groups, on our wonder hammers 9:50 today and on our wonder at 3:50 tomorrow. As we were juggling our plans, dodging them to a chiefable village, landing chiefs seconds after and needing another round of chiefs in motion to take the village with the wonder needing to be queued at 1:28 and the plans activating at 2:13... the server flickers. 2 minutes until the hero lands to move plans and its down...then up briefly and I was able to demolish the treasury..and down again... and my chiefs hit without my teammate being able to take down the residence

In all seriously, this downtime is ruining the end of a long hard server for us. We have 16.5 million troops in our wonder, we have a ton of endgame hammers that were getting orders. We have a hammer train incoming that was lining up IM's last best chance at stopping us - and they still had HUGE hammers to add (*sniffle* DUDE we want to see you!) - now there is no way their hard work and beautifully timed landing can be pulled off. These last hours are so neck and neck for the win that for the first time in 5 servers, Wild is not the absolute clear winner - and we are all on the edge of our seats to see if we can bring in the 20 million defense total we need to bounce their hammers. Or if there is one last hammer remaining that will tip the victory in their favor....

I do not know how you can fix this. We cannot just resume play suddenly, not for planned events like this. The game end is scheduled for Sunday if they cannot knock us back. None of us can hover over the computers obsessively to see if it become live suddenly again. IF you rollback to the first errors that occurred, you would need to do a delayed and announced resumption of the server so that everyone was ready for it to occur - and on a holiday weekend for a good portion of the world this would create havok inside families and create an enormous amount of undue hardship.

I hope that you do consider a rollback - I want to see IM's hammers hit in their glorious precision and watch Wild roll out its layered defensive plan, as well as launch its own retaliation against IM. However, I would ask that you announce that due to the server crash, the server will resume Monday at whatever time the errors started occurring - and that you announce the time it will resume, and the server time "day" and "time" it will restart at. This gives all of us a chance to resume play where we left it off - for IM to finish launching their hammers on our wonder, for my team to finish dodging around our artifacts under the incoming and for everyone's hammers in motion to resume as they were scheduled - and with their owners ready to start where they left off. Wild might lose out on on the element of surprise for our defense, but its worth it for knowing that everyone had a chance to be there and be ready and finish out the server well.

In support of the current state of the server, I emailed our excel file that shows our 953 incoming that IM has sent....please give them a chance to finish launching so we can also finish defending....

Thank you for your consideration,

Girasoul
    Founding Alpha of Wild
    We dont need a roll back you can have your win , at this moment did more then 50% of the IM members deceid to quit after this server .

Is it not weird that with every move we make or when the situation is hot for Wild something happens in favor of Wild , sure you wants a roll back becos you would like to know what our plan was and how big our punny hamers are after the starvation.

Plz travian do me one favor do not a roll back and let Wild win so we can end this server
    "

Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae."

Natarian Knight

Quote Originally Posted by wishmaster3 View Post
    Wohooo, more server issues... Maybe TG should get some stable servers before they pump out new travian versions only designed to net them more income!

Odd how TG in the days of T2, early T3, could afford stable servers for 25k players at start, and 10k players around endgame PER server, when the only thing you could buy was Travian Plus, yet it's impossible now to have stable servers for a TOTAL of 17k players ON ALL of the .com servers...
    I tend to disagree on this one. T2 and T3 had rollbacks and lots of jams. But of course looking back usually things disappear or get seen better than they were.

But yes, at that time money was secondary. And servers had way more players (maybe off and def planning has been less professional as these days) and worked quite fluently. So given the fact that since 2005 communication items should have improved anyway, and sadly due to our money we spend, I would think providing reliable servers cant be that hard. TG definitely failed a lot in the past.

Why dont bring us back travian honeycomb-styled?

Anyway: I hope all hammers of IM launched in time and there is noone that couldnt make the window due to this server issue. Same as I hope that WW def didnt suffer too much. Situations like this same as at BB just cause losers

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast