Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An End of an Era

Default An End of an Era

5 years. 5 servers. 5 wins.

11/3/2010 - s6.travian.com (T3.6)
    http://www.***********.com/s6.travia...-Travian-world
    WildE vs ME and Outlaws (dont remember who else)

1/6/2011 - ts7.travian.com (T4)
    http://www.***********.com/ts7.travi...-Travian-world
    Wild vs SWAT

11/5/2012 - ts2.travian.com (T4)
    http://www.***********.com/ts2.travi...-Travian-world
    Wild vs MDS, Godz, U -

13/5/2013 - ts1.travian .com (T4)
    http://www.***********.com/ts1.travi...-Travian-world
    Wild vs SGR, Gold, Classic

12/8/2014 - ts5.travian.com (T4.4)
    http://www.***********.com/ts5.travi...-Travian-world
    Wild vs IM, EXP, BA

It is the end of an era.

Wild was born from a friendship between 4 people, Ceril, Ice, Fox and myself, and a long ago server where CWL suffered its first defeat. (s6 2008-9).

Wild was a dream of creating a great group - one where each round we challenged a new idea and refined it. A group where we were a family with all its craziness but also all its care for one another. A group dedicated to doing its best in offense, defense, diplomacy and espionage.

I think Wild succeeded.

For the longest time, our defense tool was unique among teams - an innovation that served us well year after year. Our offense was modeled on the CWL lessons we learned that first round, hit early and often and hard. Diplomacy served us well for several rounds until our reputation became great enough that every server became a 3v1. And our espionage...well, official policy is that we neither confirm nor deny it :P Our team model was rooted in details and data - driven by the officers and their tireless dedication to organizing and filtering the massive data sets that travian generates. It required time and energy and work, something we split into manageable chunks and poured ourselves into together.

Together. The living beating heart of Wild has always been its members, 1130 of them. This round, some looked with contempt at the 21 million defense, but I looked at it and knew that it was a badge of honor for all of our family from the least to the greatest. No one can build a wonder alone. Despite being housed in one account, it is owned by the team. It in many ways, is the measure of our dedication and teamwork. And this round, the team was exceptional, even for Wild.

Wild will be forever in my heart - you cannot take away the real friendships it has given me, nor the bone deep identity we forged here. We are WILD, through and through - and like every great group, those memories stay imprinted with us for the rest of our lives.

With s5, Wild passes into memory. New goals, new groups will be spawned from its leadership and members, but here, the Wild we know and love says goodbye.

Girasoul
    Mama Bear of Wild
    Founding Alpha 2010-2015
    If Elephants Flew, If Whales Walked, If Tigers Tittered...
    And in Travian Men act like Mice and Mice spread their Wings and Fly
    Just dont get under the elephants when the mice go by

Natarian Knight

When we created Wild the idea was to push the boundries of what was possible to accomplish in Travian. To get there a culture was created where the team and unselfishness was valued, where new ideas were tested, and while good ones were reused, still always adapting to new circumstances and enemies. New members were included with open arms, and also trusted to take part in work that other alliances keep to a select few - like OC and DC.

While the alphas were the beating heart of Wild - Wild would have been nothing without the members. In every server you have been amazing.

I was the first alpha to leave active duty after two servers, and I have since felt very privileged to be allowed to follow your deeds in the alpha chat.

While fighting, and all other aspects of the game are fun, in the end what matters is the friendship. I hope that 10 years from now when we all think back of Wild, we will fondly remember the game, the fighting, how we made sacrifices for each other, but fomemost I hope we will think about how without Wild we would never have met some of our best friends.

Now that Wild is closing down, while I am feeling a bit sad, I am also feeling very proud of having been a part of Wild and all that Wild has accomplished. I wish all of you Wildings, and our enemies as well, all the best in the future.

/Ceril, founding Alpha

Thorned Warrior

For me, the special thing about WILD always was the combination of incredible smart and dedicated leaders on the one and so many nice and skilled members on the other hand.

Even while all the others would earn a call out too, Gira and Ice kept blowing my mind year for year in terms of how much they were willing to invest and especially how good they are in "reading the game". After several years I still feel like a noob compared to them

But none of that would matter without a great team. I wasn’t really active this round and only heard it might have been the best we ever had. No matter if thats true or not, I know its not only a great team, but also good friends. Best example of this is my trip from Hamburg to Phuket last fall, visiting an old WILD team mate that quiitted Travian years ago, but we never lost contact.

It was a great journey with all of you and I’m proud to be part of it.
    Grueni / Simming Dwarf |*Wild Alpha
    Last edited by Grueni; 07.04.2015 at 14:58.

Ever seen a kid looking at an expensive toy and say, "Daddy I want that toy"? And then that look on his face when daddy replies, "Son not yet." I had that look of disappointment each time I applied to WILD and was rejected. Yes, it was my first server (ts7) and I applied to WILD numerous times. Each time I was rejected. I even got thrashed by them. Thanks Rurik!

I should have bought some lottery ticket the day when WILD contacted me via IGM that same server and invited me in, it was end game. To heck with that! I am now part of WILD. As I was put into the skype common room, I was greeted "New meat!" Damn I felt like a sheep amongst WILD animals.

A year later, just before the s2 endgame I was taken into the WILD leadership, and made an Alpha. Sounds like an promotion right? Sure it was. Well that's what it looked to me.

Then came s1 and finally s5. 4 servers calling myself WILD and now I realize that we are at the end of the road. It was an era, an era where we achieved what we aimed for. Excellence in different aspects of the game. Each server had it's targets, and each server we met them without fail.

I always preferred endgame to any other stage of the game, and to me ending s5 with 21M defence without getting a even a level knocked off the wonder has been the biggest achievement. An achievement that the team helped achieve. And that is what was best about WILD, it's a wolf pack. For the team is the only thing we believe in. I haven't played with any other team,and hence I will not compare WILD to any other, but WILD has been a well oiled machine.

It has been a family to me, I had them when I needed them the most, even with real life matters.

The other thing that I learnt from WILD was :

We'll be singing
    When we're winning
    We'll be singing

I get knocked down
    But I get up again
    You're never going to keep me down

As a team we were knocked down numerous times, and as a team we got up again. Only to land the knock out punch on our opponents.

Won't make it any more lengthy than I already did, but WILD created legends. Winning 5 servers in a row,each time overcoming a tough opponent.

But it's time to end the legacy. The team may be disbanded but in heart we were, we are and we will always be WILD. If ever you want me or need me, reach out and I will be there.

Farewell WILDlings
    Debal | WILD Alpha

Natarian Knight

I am saddened that the Wild ride is over, but I am equally proud that I was allowed to be part of this incredible team. There will never be a team like it: the innovative game play, out of the box thinking and strategic insight of the founding alphas. Nurturing every member from the largest to the smallest account, no preferential treatment, no bossing around. Wild's emphasis was so much on team play and a sense of comradery that I walk away with many friendships that I expect will last for a long time.

I am humbled by the invitation into the Alpha council 3 servers ago, but even more humbled by the support of Wilds officers and members which allowed me to be the best I could at DC. Wild could only be what they were because of its members. But alas the ride is over and I think this is the right time. There is nothing more to proof, nothing more to try out. And as real life is interfering with Wild style leadership more and more, it is time for something new.

The journey will not stop. I and my team of duals will continue to play the game and I will never change the name I adopted in Wild. I am excited to learn what the future will bring. But whatever that future holds, I am and always will be a Wildling

Mobi AKA Mobothor
    Winner S1 2009-10 (Eximus/Ave) Winner S6 2010-11 (Wild/Exile), Winner S7/S2/S1/S5 (Wild), Winner S2 2013 (Infamous)

Thorned Warrior

Greetings Wildlings,

Thank you for the amazing run we have had these last 5 years. Without a doubt the best travian decision DF and I made was deciding to co-found the WILD along with Ceril and Girasoul. The WILD has achieved more than the ambitious goals we set out for ourselves of excelling in all aspects of the game. I think a defining characteristic of the WILD was that we were an inclusionary group that did not allow its unrelenting drive for excellence close itself off.

Each server had its own set of challenges, its own highlights, its own story but all them had one thing in common and that was that unparalleled teamwork resulted in impressive victories and achievements. Each Alpha brought different skill sets to the WILD: DF his OC work, Ceril her defense tool, Gira her personal engagement with our members, and my logistics and endgame planning. It was our working together that allowed us to create the WILD. I think our set up of an alpha council in which we all equally shared in the responsibility and leadership of the team is what allowed for the innovation and visionary leadership that made us unstoppable. Thank you to the other Alphas and officers who joined us and helped keep the alliance moving forward each year. The responsibility of leading is to great for just 4 people over the course of 5 servers, so for that I am eternally grateful.

Personally, s6 and s2 were the two most entertaining for me but what we accomplished on s5 was amazing. I learned a lot in this game and from this game, lessons that will serve me well whether I continue to play this game or simply in real life. I am very honored to have been part of the WILD and wish everyone the best in the future. Although this is an end of an era, its not good bye. I hope you will join us in our new adventures.

Yours truly,

Ice
    Founding Alpha 2010-2015

Wild has been a journey for me. I have learned many things and have completely enjoyed virtually everyone I have come in contact with from the very first person who was Sporty with Gira following right after. Other than working on the Wonder the thing I always enjoyed the most was working with all of the very interesting people.

While I wasn't a formal leader until this year I did seem to get involved with various leader things starting with the 2nd server and now I truly understand the level of time commitment leaders put in.

The journey as a wildling may be over but the idea of working in smaller, looser, leadership style is very enticing and I hope others will seek their fellow ''ex-wildings'' they have met and find lovely new comrades as well.

It has been a lovely ride and I wish everyone the very best in their journey of life.

Sarcy
    If Elephants Flew, If Whales Walked, If Tigers Tittered...
    And in Travian Men act like Mice and Mice spread their Wings and Fly
    Just dont get under the elephants when the mice go by

Thorned Warrior

Farewell Fellow Wildlings

I am proud and relieved to be saying goodbye to all of you on this occasion of our 5th and final server victory. 5+ years has been a long time. Those 5 years have taken us through so much. It was a journey that started when me, Ice, Gira, and Ceril first got in a group chat to discuss what Travian alliance play and leadership could be if done “right”, to now several years later, after an unbroken string of victories, usually won in the most dominating fashion or against the longest odds. It’s funny to think about how it all came about. I feel that we were probably one of the greatest teams to play travian. Not because we necessarily invented any one thing, but because we were perhaps the first team to put so many of the right pieces together.

Ceril’s defense tools may not have been the first, but was undoubtedly the the cornerstone of our scientific and data-driven approach to defense analysis. Again, I may not have been the first OC to issues attack orders but we were surely amongst the first alliances to switch from an elite attacker focus to a mass-activation, full alliance participation offensive model. When we started artifacts were a novelty, but we quickly adapted to turning them into server deciders. The hands on approach to alliance management and player engagement, I have not seen done before or since to the levels reached by Girasoul. In addition to her encyclopedic knowledge of travian, Ice helped put together our defensive A-team, our purpose-built defensive anvil team that helped us protect our artifacts on strategic points server after server. To all the succeeding alphas that were foolish enough… err make that brave enough, to take on this heavy burden of responsibility knowing full well the obligations involved.

WILD is still one of the strongest proponents of radical transparency, the idea that almost everything that is possible to be shared with membership should be shared, because players where are treated as unthinking drones act like unthinking drones, but players who are invited behind the curtain will give you more than you have any right to expect.

Which brings me to the culture of the WILD. This was not created by the Alphas. The most we could ever do was foster a place where we would like to play and I think we did that. It is extremely difficult to define what it means to be WILD, but I will try. To be WILD meant that you had great expectations of yourself and those around you. It meant even if you were new to the game and you were smart, willing to learn, and could read MMs, you could end the server as equals among some of the best players to play travian. It meant that you cared about this game, your account, and your alliance. It meant that you had friends looking out for you. It meant that we had an us against the world attitude, and usually with good reason. When we say it is time to retire the WILD, it is not due to any failings of our members, or because the game was no longer fun. But because if anything, as is true for the alphas and likely to many of our comrades, being WILD, is tough, it is exhausting, and it demands a level of commitment that unfortunately we may no longer be able to meet.

Alone, any of the innovations I listed above would have made a good team great. But all together they made the WILD nearly unstoppable… just ask our opponents.

I am reminded of a Dave Chappelle quote, “The mark of greatness is when everything that came before is obsolete and everything that comes after bears your mark.” By that standard the WILD most definitely is one of the greatest teams to play travian.

WILD I SALUTE YOU!
    Farewell to all

Desert Fox
    Founding Alpha

For me, WILD was super crazy team when I first met WILD as opponent. I learnt how to play travian A to Z through many battles from Wild. Wild enable more communication and an open atmosphere with opponents. also Wild gave me to join into the team, then gave chance to do with fully trust.

Travian is not solid game, its required team works. Although I am short period of Wild leadership as DC and Alpha, I can say Wild is incredible team as like well oiled machine. The combination of each part Wild, made great result again. Without all of members supports, Wild cant be here now.

Sadly the journey under the wildling is going to be over. my duals and me may keep playing in somewhere but not use Wild name. even I dont use Wilding name, I am and will be a Wilding. I wish you all wildings good luck

/Sakura aka Sparky, SimsQueen

ME, WILD, GODz, Infamous, Goats, CWL, SGR

The moment I heared we are going to disband WILD I was kinda dejected but that is the most logical and needed choice we had to take. Its been so long 4+ years been part of WILD and during these period have met lots of peoples and all of them were honest, dedicated to the game(WILD), team player. It's really something to be proud of. When I first joined WILD which was on s7.com(2011-12) that was my 2nd run on normal server, I learned lot from all WILD leaders. WILD alphas invited me to join officer group that same server.

On next WILD server got promoted to WILD alphas. After that I discovered WILD's secret of success. The effort, dedication, time these so called Alphas gives for the sake of WILD. On s2.com(2012-13) we saw almost every WILD players loosing their cap fields more than once but even so our enemies(Godz and Samurai) were fierce, we were too determined to not just leave and delete instead we overcame that hurdle and fought like winners till the very end. Next was s1.com(2013-14) we won that round without much difficulties.

After s1 ended we decided to fight a real winner and choose s5.com(2014-14) where IM ruled for past 3 rounds. Here we got really exceptional pull of players. Achieving 21mil defense is just astounding. Our DC team really did great to defend most of the target on each attack round against us. Anvil players should get same amount of credit for following the DCs every time they were called for. Offense player reponded proficiently on each round. This is the server where we had largest amount of hammer marched on each attack round. Scouter did good job too. And finally our End Game Crew. Don't need to say much about them. Their action speaks for themselves. WILD is famous for their end game strategy but this round we took it into all other level. Finally all the players in WILD team, Its my honour to play along side you. Now I must say goodbye to all of them. We might play on some other servers with diff play style but gonna miss WILD. Heart wants another WILD server but mind doesn't.

Once again it's been really fun ride with you all and wish you good luck for your future servers.

Naruto, Wild Alpha
    Naruto/HolySmoke ts7(WILD*2011-12)/Holysmoke ts2(WILD*2012-13)/BoomBoom ts9(TOP*2012-13)/Sparky ts1(WILD*2013-14)/Sparky ts5(WILD*2014-15)/Godz ts4 (Ruthless*2015)/Godz ts3(Ruthless*2015-16)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast