Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Server Analysis....sorta

Default Server Analysis....sorta

So I am fairly bored today, and decided to do some number crunching, and a brief server Analysis. I don't think I have ever done a serious one before. So forgive me if this isn't very good.

Also, I am only going to do the 4 main alliances. So forgive me if your alliance isn't on here.

Statistics are all 4-5 hours before the end of week 11

NW

Dominant Alliance: Grid
    Number of wings: 4
    Members: 199
    Average member pop: 2,377
    Members in top 50: 8
    Members in top 100: 22
    Members in top 200: 51
    Resources Raided: 118,352,510
    3 wings in top raiders
    2 Members in top raiders

Grid, coming here a preformed alliance. Winning their past two servers is here for s1 to take the crown. Originally the quad was split between them and L.G.N.W however due to light of recent events, and some attacks, they have dissembled L.G.N.W and have taken the quad for themselves.

Given their history, and my knowledge of their players and leadership Grid is one of the most dominant contenders for the WW. They have a strong system in place, and play a very aggressive style. Using the maps of how they positioned their quad, they have focused wings to defend against the NE. This could mean several things, they expect heavy hits from the NE so they want to make sure they have the quickest response time, and don't expect much from the SW. Or it could mean that Grid has plans to befriend the SW. Looking at their wing GRID R, it is best made to protect from attacks against the SE, however it is left very vulnerable to attacks from the NE and SW. But if the SW is friends with GRID then the threat from the NE would be greatly reduced.

NE

Dominant Alliance: SGR
    Number of wings:5
    Members: 249
    Average member pop: 2,566
    Members in top 50: 16
    Members in top 100: 35
    Members in top 200: 65
    Resources Raided: 140,884,052
    4 wings in top raiders
    4 members in top raiders

SGR after taking a break for a server, and most players teaming up with CWL, godz, and several other players from other alliances to form GOATs is officially back. They have joined hands with Chaos, a very strategic move. SGR's previous server lost fairly badly to wild, and has been losing a large part of the core. However teaming up with Chaos they bolstered their numbers, and core back up to regain strength. However SGR does not have their quad locked down yet. Their are still many small alliances, that are very prominent in the quad. This could prove to be a weak point if another alliance decided to use them as an advantage to steal artys.

Given that the slackers have joined up with chaos, and have recently taken a new wing in from the NE, that moved saved hammers, and upped the defense amount. This has put SGR back to their contending day of being a well known alliance, and also makes them a huge contender for WW. However due to their large amount of members, it makes it possible for everyone to want to go to war against SGR. Looking at the map for organization, SGR is positioned to defend themselves against the NW, however, their wing M is positioned to take hits from all 3 quads. Their most vulnerable wing is C their newest, if hit by Dynasty in the SE it could be picked apart easy. However, from an observational view point, this could also mean that like the NW, the NE plans to ally with it's southern neighbor.

SW

Dominant Alliance: Alphas
    Number of wings: 4
    Members: 182
    Average member pop: 2,095
    Members in top 50: 10
    Members in top 100: 21
    Members in top 200: 42
    Resources Raided: 30,376,24
    1 wing in top raiders
    1 member in top raiders

The first server, in many years that Gold is not the main name of the SW, originally the SW started as Gold, however due to low retaining member counts, they had decided to become the Alphas, not knowing much about them, I had messaged their leader to fill me in a bit. The Alphas, have several core groups of people in them, all here to have fun this server and of course win. However all seeing that the quad needed a total stability, they merged together to form the Alphas, a nice merge that seemed to happen without much bloodshed.

Now that the Alphas control their quad, and them being a new, alliance, they will face the trial that all alliances have faced before. Becoming a team and a well oiled machine. Talking to their leader, it seems they have bonded very nicely though, which is always good as it means competition for everyone else! Nothing personal, but the alphas seem the underdog this server, since they have not worked together before, and have low numbers. However, this gives them a huge advantage as other alliances would want to have them on their side, or overlook them meaning the Alphas are in a strong position to give someone a rough time! Looking at the setup of their wings, they are set up to defend attacks from the NW, and SE, however their wing XA is setup to be vulnerable against SGR, could this mean the old GOLD blood of the SW wants to be friends with SGR for another server, to again fight off invading alliances? Which could mean that maybe they aren't with Grid, and Grid is underestimating them.

SE

Dominant Alliance: Dynasty
    Number of wings: 3
    Members: 152
    Average member pop: 2,414
    Members in top 50: 14
    members in top 10: 19
    Members in top 200: 36
    Resources Raided: 67.812.094
    2 wings in top raiders
    3 members in top raiders

From what I know, Dynasty is made up of a good amount of WILD and Infamous players, as well as others here because they heard Grid was coming, and Chaos joining SGR here. Banning a bunch of groups of players together they formed here as Dynasty, looking for a good fight. Early on Dynasty had a problem with I believe the alliance was called ELITE, can't remember for sure. Now that threat has been eliminated and leaved Dynasty to control their quad.

Knowing that Dynasty is made of many players who have worked together, they are fairly preformed, but not a fully preformed meta such as SGR, or GRID. However many of their players have worked together before. This puts Dynasty as a good contestant for a WW. While GRID and SGR fight (both are not fighting at this point) Dynasty might watch them and then pick scraps of what's left. Leaving them well rested and ready to fight! Their wings are based to defend each quad equally leaving no weak points. This could mean SGR isn't working with them, and instead underestimating them.

In conclusion, the server is quiet now. However, it is clear their are many veterans, and very experienced people on this server. And if it wasn't for the time restriction of WW's I would think this would go a very long time. Right now it is clear, GRID and SGR won't be friends.... unless they want to be...... THAT GUY..... which means what will happen with the south, will they watch as the two preformed alliances duke it out, then come in when each go to lick their wounds? Will the West Fight the east? Maybe SGR and the alphas will team up, or Dynasty and GRID. It could possibly be Grid, vs SGR vs Dynasty, and the Alphas. Who knows!
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.
    si vis pacem para bellum

I tried my best to be unbiased, I am sorry if there are any errors, or you guys don't like it.

If you do, I might do another one after artys are released.
    Let me know if there is anything you'd like to see be added or any pointers
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.
    si vis pacem para bellum

Pikeman

lol, nerd.

Pretty good read thx bud
    TS2 - AssassinZ S4 - ExpreemAssasinZ TS1 - AssassinZ -

Axerider

Nice to read, raiding numbers could be bit off if a wing wasnt in top 10, but besides that about as good as it gets from just looking at the leaderboards besides maybe a nice getter map. As always is nice when warfare/artis come out to make more speculation.
    2013 Com 2-Infinity w/ Infamous.... 2013-2014 Com 5-Necoforce w/ BA.... 2014-2015 Com 6-Ragnarok w/ Infamous.... 2015 Com 1-Icequeen w/ Dynasty....2016 Com1-Senior Sparrow w/Dynasty

Natarian Knight

nice analysys it is still better then my fisrt half hearted attempt

i just wish to add that border proding has begun even if only with small scale number, thats all from me

Nice job, sharp, especially for your first attempt. I expect you to keep us updated now for the rest of the server.

As for Grid massing on the NE side of our quad, you should take a better look with getter maps. Grid has strong wings on both flanks of the NW because we expect strong competition with all the other quads, although, to be honest, we did consider SGR to be our strongest competitors when we started the server. But I think it's still anyone's game and I hope we continue to have a good 4-way fight to the end.

Suggestions for future anaylsis updates: Attack points have become more important than population, although population will always be a factor in alliance comparisons. Defender points, right now, tell mostly who's getting stomped on by the larger players as each meta locks down their quad so this stat isn't very significant. Later in the game, Defender points will be more informative and you'll want to include them too.

Axerider

Quote Originally Posted by Terreciel View Post
    Nice job, sharp, especially for your first attempt. I expect you to keep us updated now for the rest of the server.
    Agreed. Thats 2-0 you have to now
    2013 Com 2-Infinity w/ Infamous.... 2013-2014 Com 5-Necoforce w/ BA.... 2014-2015 Com 6-Ragnarok w/ Infamous.... 2015 Com 1-Icequeen w/ Dynasty....2016 Com1-Senior Sparrow w/Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Terreciel View Post

As for Grid massing on the NE side of our quad, you should take a better look with getter maps. Grid has strong wings on both flanks of the NW because we expect strong competition with all the other quads, although, to be honest, we did consider SGR to be our strongest competitors when we started the server. But I think it's still anyone's game and I hope we continue to have a good 4-way fight to the end.

Suggestions for future anaylsis updates: Attack points have become more important than population, although population will always be a factor in alliance comparisons. Defender points, right now, tell mostly who's getting stomped on by the larger players as each meta locks down their quad so this stat isn't very significant. Later in the game, Defender points will be more informative and you'll want to include them too.
    I was actually talking about your wing GRID D, its more favored toward the NE side, like how SGR T is favored toward the NW side.

But thanks guys, I plan on doing one after the artys, I will go more into detail with that one, might do a vertical and horizontal analysis too, depending on how much time I have
    si vis pacem para bellum

Guardsman

Quote Originally Posted by sharp444 View Post

But thanks guys, I plan on doing one after the artys, I will go more into detail with that one, might do a vertical and horizontal analysis too, depending on how much time I have

Please keep it a weekly affair the server is dull for now This was really interesting .
    May be you can flame a few folks so that we guys can get the pop corn machine rolling
    Napalm - s9

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast