Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Battle for Ayrea- An Empire RPG

Natarian Knight

Civilization Name: Dragonis

Lust: All that glitters, gems and gold above all others

Species: Half dragon half human hybrids. large wings and natural armoured scales.

Leader: On paper and as far as any of the other races know the leaders of the dragonis are the elders, not one single outsider has met Gleu or any of the other dragons.

With the way they are spoken about it would be assumed they are mythic gods just like everybody else's (( i realise your races believe in your own gods existance my point is that you would have no reason to believe in mine ))

Due to living in the frozen lands they have powerfull wings alowing them to fly in even the hardest winds.
    The smallest of the females stands at 7 foot while some of the more powerfull warrior cast can reach almost 9 foot.

Hundreds of years in the climate have given them all snow white skin, to blend in with their homeland with dark black eyes that see well in the dark but dont glitter in the light.

Head shape is more draconic in nature but they speak quite fluently for having a serpents tounge.
    Most wear hand crafted leather even in the city, not to try and be intimidating but as it is all they know how to make. Their scales make up the difference in armour.

Culture: Primarily a warlike race the dragonis have long been at war with the enviroment and creatures around them, making them some of the strongest indivdual fighters around.

The broodmother Gleu is a very old and powerfull dragon that the race treats as a god, She is the only one who can grant a half dragon the ability to have a child, and her blessing must be obtained every time. Sometimes at a great cost.

While Gleu demands one powerfull warrior from the tribes every 10 years she also protects them all with her magic, a power she holds so close that no half dragon has the ability to use it.

History: Despite being warriors at heart the dragonis were one of the first to sign the peace treaty as they fight enough within their own borders, never with each other but simply the enviroment and the host of wild animals that live in their land.

They have learned to farm some of the less preditory of the creatures in the land, and have been selling the meat and fur in the main city when they send an envoy to trade for a few months every year.

While some of the half dragons decided to move to the main city they are a very rare sight, not only because they cannot breed outside their land but also because the numbers are so few.

Often mistaken as unintelligent by the other races due to looks and primitve culture the half dragons have spent most of the time on the council simply watching and rarely voicing an opinion unless it involved their own lands or they have been asked to by another race. Not wishing to make enemys or play favourites they have helped the first race that asked more often than not.

A half dragon is always taken in by something that shines, If it is a gem or gold they see it as worth more than most other objects and will sometimes trade in what other races consider foolish ways to obtain them.
    Such objects are almost never traded away from the dragonis nor are they ever seen wearing them.

Military description: While each unit is incredibly tough, numbers are the greatest limiting factor for the dragonis.
    They will use their wings to great effect in any ground based combat.

Groundish Units:

Swordsmen - Using twin blades and light armour the half dragon swordsmen are fast and agile,

recurvebowmen - Halfdragon bowmen use recurve bows made from the bones of the strongest creatures in the land. Massive power and range, but in short supply.

Tank wall - using a heavy sheild these are immovible obejects on the battlefield. able to soak up massive amounts of damage and simply keep advancing or defending.

Champion - Aka the elite guard. These are the units that never stray far from home. covered in a bone plate and using weapons blessed by their anchient's of war.

All half dragons have a powerful breath attack that can freeze enemys solid, it is like getting hit by a snowstorm in the arctic.

Cavalry -

Lancers- Mounted warriors that ride into battle on massive drakes with fearsome lances. Carry throwing spears also

Mounted Archers- What it says on the label

Tusked beasts - think wooly mamoth but bigger. This can carry a platoon of troops.

Dragon brood - powerful air unit's (( they go under air units as well )) they can land and cause massive devistation
    one rider sits on them to control but they can fight alone.

Air Units:
    Dragon brood - as above.

Siege Units:
    Brood mother - the anchient that all half dragons worship, she is their god ( she is just a really big old dragon)

Sons of Gleu - Large monsters more dragon than human, only semi intelligent, they are very powerful creatures.

Elders of war - Dragon brood that have survived for an age, learning the common tongue and magic not as powerful as Gleu but still formidable.

Naval Units:
    None, they fear the water when it isnt frozen and will breath attack and walk accross (( or fly if its a river, just ocean seemed a bit ott to fly over))

Land - The land is completly frozen all year round, with harsh snowstorms and blizzards often devistating the land.

All visitors that manage to survive long enough to find a settlement are always welcomed into any home they come to, provided with warm food and a place to sleep.

The entire land is surrounded by a raging river almost 100m across that flows no matter how harsh the winter is. This and the wild animals stop the dragonis from traveling to far in any direction alone.

(( i cant help but feel im missing a few my brain is mush atm add more later <3 ))
    Last edited by zekedog13; 19.06.2015 at 14:05.
    You've got a question? You can find the answer here: T2.5/T3 Answers / T4 Answers / New User Moderation

Moderators work on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

Arcca, i love you ^^
    puǝ ǝɥʇ oʇ ǝɯ ɹɐǝɟ 'ǝɯoɥ ʎɯ sı ssǝuʞɹɐp ǝɥʇ 'sıs ʎɯ sı ɐɹɹǝʇ 'ǝʞǝz ɯɐ ı

Quote Originally Posted by flutflutflyer View Post
    Flanks heaving, fangs bared
    Ears forward, paws pounding hard
    As first blood is drawn

In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

((This is all a prototype. I don't have much time but I figured this all out in public transit whilst going to and from today's exam.))

Empire Sheet:
    Civilization Name: Kingdom of Valnia
    Lust:
    Probably more land and power and to spread their influence as it's a medieval kingdom with many power hungry nobles. The king of course is content to have things stay as they are. But he has to keep the nobles pacified. And the church frowns on warfare in general. But it frowns less if its against infidels. So it's ok if they go conquer. So I guess the answer is lethargic world conquest.

Race: Human
    Leader: The current Valnir, whose name is at this point irrelevant as he shall always simply be refereed as such is a relatively young man in his early 20's. He ascended to the throne three years ago after his father died. And he is still inexperienced at the whole king thing. That is what you should know of him for now. That and the fact that your envoys will most likely have little experience with this new ruler, making him an unknown.

Culture:
    Valnian society is highly stratified. On top you have the Valnir (King), an absolute ruler constrained by no one and nothing. In theory at least. In practice a good king needs to keep his nobles pacified or else he might end up dethroned.
    Beneath him are various tiers of nobles ranging from lords holding massive swathes of territory to those with little more than a village or even no holdings at all.
    Beneath all of them are the peasants. Nominally free (as in not serfs) they own no land of their own instead working fields belonging to a noble for rent in either coin or labor. This makes it difficult for them to move around much as they have to set up legal contracts with their new land holders. And poaching peasants is considered bad form.

Permeating throughout their society is the Valnian Church. Originally just one of many cults worshiped by the local population it rose to become an official national religion with the establishment of a unified state and has since completely supplanted all others.
    The tenants of the Valnian church are ascetic. Their priests, even those up high do not amass much wealth for it they believe distracts from worship and the practices thereof. The Valnian church worships a single deity who among his primary aspects is the protector and giver of magic. Thus its priests are all powerful mages and magic is in turn restricted to the priesthood.

The church takes no part in the political dealings of the nobles or realm. Although due to its neutrality it is often called upon to mediate. Its lands are sovereign and subject only to the king. It is in these lands, especially the great Cathedral Cities that the bulk of Valnian craftsmanship and trade occurs. And it is here that the most marvelous of all Valnian creations, magic armor is created.

Valnia is the worlds finest producer of magical and enchanted items. And its produce are sought after all round the world. The profits of this trade of course go to the church which uses it to actually keep the nation running in spite of the best efforts of its squabbling nobles.

History:
    The nation of Valnia was founded 5 centuries ago. (Or how ever short it takes to make them be younger than that city of yours.) Before that the land was split into a number of petty kingdoms lorded over by tyrannical despots. For centuries these petty kingdoms were locked in constant wars with one another bickering over who was more despotic.

The first king of Valnia, Valnir was born to one such warlord. An illegitimate child he was shipped off to a monastery belonging to a little known cult to keep him away from the line of succession. As thing had it however his father died without producing a legitimate heir so the young monk ended up becoming a king virtually by chance. During his reign, a period known as the 20 years of war he united all of Valnia and proclaimed him self the first King. Since than the title of Valnir has been passed down through his descendants.

Military description:
    The Valnian army is composed out of a mixture of social classes all equipped according to their wealth.

Valnian Knights:
    All Valnian nobles are knights and are expected to act as such. Noble children are trained for warfare from a very young age. They are masters of all sorts of weapons as well as riding and each of them must own some form of plate armor.

The wealthiest of these warriors form a unique core of heavy troops unmatched in the world. Commonly known as Valnian Knights they wear full suits of plate armor enchanted and often heavily customized to the wearer so as to provide not just supreme protection and basic magical enhancements but also special and often unique magical effects. A Valnian Knight in full plate will shrug off musket rounds and blades and proceed to expel fireballs or lightning all the while wielding a halberd as if it was a hand axe.

These elite knights are few, typically serving as commanders of much larger groups of men as is befitting of their status as high ranking nobles. They are rarely seen in numbers except when the Valnir him self leads his army out into the field. But when he does, few if any are those who can withstand their charge.

These are basically my hero characters more or less. Each of them is unique and getting one to even show up for a fight is a big deal. Killing one off is even bigger deal.

Valnian Knights Errant:
    The bulk of Knights encountered in Valnian armies are formed out of the ranks of the Knight Errant. Sourced from landless or poor nobles, or children far down the succession line these individuals are every bit as skilled as their more famous counterparts not as well equipped. They all have horses and full plate armor. However the enchantments placed on their gear are of the more mundane kind offering only the most basic of magical effects such as enhancing strength and endurance.

They will still wield a halberd as if it was a dagger, but have none of the fancy anime style magic stuff I intend my elite knights to have. And whilst their armor is going to stop musket balls and crossbows at long range you can still take them out with a close range volley.

Knights Errant can either be individuals hired to fight for the king or belong to various knightly orders and bands. Although I am not sure if I am going to have any orders strong enough to rival nobles yet. I'll think of that in game.

These are basically my actual heavy cavalry troops.

Mercenaries, Retinues and Levies
    No matter if rich or poor, all land owning nobles have an obligation to provide troops to their lord should he request them. The richer among them tend to hire foreign mercenaries or keep groups of professional retainers for this role whilst the poor contend with raising levies of peasants from their estates. The quality and equipment of these forces thus varies immensely from group to group and can be anything between just weaker than Errant Knights and peasant mobs using farming implements.

Place on Map and Color: You handled this fine enough. Location 8 and Purple.
    Land description:
    Valnia is a generic medieval European kingdom as far as geography is concerned. There are large open plains where farmers grow their crops but also forests, mighty rivers and some high mountains as well (I'll draw up the map as we go.) but no explicitly impassible terrain. The climate is mostly temperate and similar to Mediterranean nations along the coast thanks to the protection provided by the two huge islands flanking its shores.

The capital city is located in the eastern most section (will be marked on the map). And there are a number of major cities dotting the country. Some of these are owned by nobles but many are under the jurisdiction of the Valnian Church. There are also a number of fortified castles dotting the coast and border regions.
    Last edited by Purple; 14.06.2015 at 20:08.
    Purple Qwrq

THE FOUNDER OF THE ELITE ORDER OF THE NON SPAMING NATARIAN KNIGHTS.
    I am have returned! 100% Active, 100% inspired! Read The Mod comic -
    Weekly Updates

((When's the deadline for this?))

((Monday, June 15th I will start the RPG))
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in confusion 3 View Post
    What he said, Hail Hitl- I mean GA!
    Quote Originally Posted by freeze2 View Post
    GA=BA end of story.
    He a tank and a bromancing studhorse.

In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

((One thing. I just noticed that at no point did you request we say anything about our leaders.))
    Purple Qwrq

Weekly Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    ((One thing. I just noticed that at no point did you request we say anything about our leaders.))
    ((F. I knew I forgot something. If you guys could please edit your posts and put your leader under a new part of the character sheet. I edited my character sheet post with it.))
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in confusion 3 View Post
    What he said, Hail Hitl- I mean GA!
    Quote Originally Posted by freeze2 View Post
    GA=BA end of story.
    He a tank and a bromancing studhorse.

(( done ))

((Reading your character AAA, I am genuinely curious as to where you are going with it. It's definitively... unusual.))
    Purple Qwrq

Weekly Updates

((Dw, it's all planned and calculated!))

((Now I am scared. Intrigued, but fearful at the same time.))
    Purple Qwrq

Weekly Updates

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast