Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 56

Thread: Now what?

  1. #11
    Thorned Warrior
    Join Date
    30.01.2015
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Well....

    The server is over, no smack talking from Legeshyte anymore either.

  2. #12
    Thorned Warrior
    Join Date
    18.06.2007
    Posts
    46

    Default

    This isnt s2 that I was use to were has all the fight gone. Bring back the hate. What happen. Were has the big hitters of old terron heatmister what a big upset on my return after all this time

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason123 View Post
    This isnt s2 that I was use to were has all the fight gone. Bring back the hate. What happen. Were has the big hitters of old terron heatmister what a big upset on my return after all this time
    's because other people are playing Travian Kingdoms. BTW how is that?

  4. #14

    Default

    Okay, since it seems like V has all won, can I get some clarification on what really went down. Bare in mind. I can only give my views on things from a Mid level ONE member's perspective.

    I don't know if It was propaganda, but was Nemesis actually offered peace/merger with One? If so, it seems like a crying shame as felt like the SE was one of the strongest quads. (Of course this is bias due to my limited knowledge) I feel like it was Nemesis game to throw away and they in fact, did.

    I feel like overall this was a weak server. This is my first full round ever, and the first round after being gone for 7 years. I mean, I'm top-ish in defending/offensive with only a mid level population. Personally I killed around 100k Nemi troops in offense, while thwarting countless chiefing attempts of my allies village.

    I know there are a few more weeks left. (Right?) I hope Legesis gets their **** together and gives V a run for it's money. I'd hate for this to be a blow out. Even if you guys are the baddies.

  5. #15
    Axerider Jadom's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.01.2010
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Speaking from the perspective of a NE leader, yes - the SE could've rivaled the NE in terms of manpower and such. Had ONE and Nemesis merger gone through, this server would've been quite different.

    I know very little of the conversation, but it appears that the talks between Alex(HB)/Sin and Fyb2000/Mad Hatter had occurred several times, but always had broken down into slander and further hostilities.

    Though I much appreciated our alliance with ONE, as friends and even confeds, I was not an advocate of the merger...and still believe that remaining as two separate entities would've been the best option for the both of us...however said, it's a bit too late to voice any opposition to that . I had always been of notion that 'quality>quantity' was the most rewarding way to play a server, a smaller meta 'trimmed' of any liabilities and unnecessary players would've been my route. The 'win' should be dignified and respectable - and in order for that to happen, it must be challenging as well, a victory via efficiency, organisation and compelling leadership and not through pure manpower alone. The NW, I felt, had quite a few nice hammers/anvils - and I would've liked to have cherry-picked them into the ideal NE (with a 'lil bit of NW) meta. Funnily enough, the NW's name change to 'V' was spontaneously random and something I was not aware of (nor were many other leaders).

    and in this regard, diplomacy aided us but was also our biggest fall from grace...we had not alienated anybody too early (as with LEG - NWM and Nemesis - ONE)...yet we had allowed it to become a huddlefest In hindsight, I would've pushed for a meta half it's current size and gone for a more active win .

    Anyways, probably will have to elaborate on this a little more when the server is done...

    I do hope to see some spectacular WWKs from Legesis in the mean time.

    Happy Hunting ya'll

    //James

  6. #16
    Guardsman
    Join Date
    14.05.2015
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadom View Post
    Speaking from the perspective of a NE leader, yes - the SE could've rivaled the NE in terms of manpower and such. Had ONE and Nemesis merger gone through, this server would've been quite different.

    I know very little of the conversation, but it appears that the talks between Alex(HB)/Sin and Fyb2000/Mad Hatter had occurred several times, but always had broken down into slander and further hostilities.

    Though I much appreciated our alliance with ONE, as friends and even confeds, I was not an advocate of the merger...and still believe that remaining as two separate entities would've been the best option for the both of us...however said, it's a bit too late to voice any opposition to that . I had always been of notion that 'quality>quantity' was the most rewarding way to play a server, a smaller meta 'trimmed' of any liabilities and unnecessary players would've been my route. The 'win' should be dignified and respectable - and in order for that to happen, it must be challenging as well, a victory via efficiency, organisation and compelling leadership and not through pure manpower alone. The NW, I felt, had quite a few nice hammers/anvils - and I would've liked to have cherry-picked them into the ideal NE (with a 'lil bit of NW) meta. Funnily enough, the NW's name change to 'V' was spontaneously random and something I was not aware of (nor were many other leaders).

    and in this regard, diplomacy aided us but was also our biggest fall from grace...we had not alienated anybody too early (as with LEG - NWM and Nemesis - ONE)...yet we had allowed it to become a huddlefest In hindsight, I would've pushed for a meta half it's current size and gone for a more active win .

    Anyways, probably will have to elaborate on this a little more when the server is done...

    I do hope to see some spectacular WWKs from Legesis in the mean time.

    Happy Hunting ya'll

    //James
    First, I personally think, why not both? (I mean quality AND quantity) Not that that's happening here, but it's possible.

    Second, what do you mean by "alienated"?

    Last, I'm interested to hear more on the diplomacy that took place in the NW and SE both sides- if anyone is interested in telling.

    Another thing, V's WW and ONE's WW are speeding upwards, and both have now reached 20. I don't think there have been any serious hits on them- maybe Legesis is bidding its time. Also, I don't see why Legesis has not started building their wonder, having 7 of the plans. Anyone got any information on that?

  7. #17
    Thorned Warrior
    Join Date
    30.01.2015
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supeen View Post
    First, I personally think, why not both? (I mean quality AND quantity) Not that that's happening here, but it's possible.

    Second, what do you mean by "alienated"?

    Last, I'm interested to hear more on the diplomacy that took place in the NW and SE both sides- if anyone is interested in telling.

    Another thing, V's WW and ONE's WW are speeding upwards, and both have now reached 20. I don't think there have been any serious hits on them- maybe Legesis is bidding its time. Also, I don't see why Legesis has not started building their wonder, having 7 of the plans. Anyone got any information on that?
    I will be happy to tell you more about it

    With "alienated" James was trying to say that we didn't pick any big fights early one, Legesis / One did do that however. The original JR was a small alliance of 20 players to start with who dominated the early game as some of you might remember.

    However with Trimmer upcoming, toxic lurking around the corner we decided to do the right thing. Being diplomatic. We did what Marshy couldn't do. We succeeded in our diplomacy and united the NE. After that we were really on the verge of a pretty big war with the NW what would've really become a stalemate. In the end through some very, very smart talking we managed to unite the NW.

    The SW were still hassling about and we knew beforehand that we would face you on day or the next. So you guys decided to take a hit on fyb2000, we got some wind of that and reinforced fyb and walled 400k. That was the first big blow that we gave the legesis meta (by then not allied yet though) This continued on and on and we had some fun busting caps and croplocking villages.

    Then as the game went on and the WW's were taken the race would've been a fair and tight one, we had the slight advantage of manpower and Legesis had the UA. After some scouting we found out that the defense at the UA really was non-excistent. Taking the UA away would give V the edge and basically the win.

    We were hitting caps / WW / UA with fakes and reals for days allready and we then put out some bigger guns with real targets. 3 hammers came after the UA to steal it. Intertwined with that action we put on some bigger hammers at the Legesis WW. That was a great success. The defences at the UA were annihilated and our rammer / hammers took down the entire WW infrastructure.

    BAsically knocking Legesis back by 3 weeks. That immediatly answers your last question as in why Legesis their WW isn't growing. The server have been a very weak one. Quality of players lacked on both sides. The server will come to an end were I asses that V will be Victorious. The loss of the UA gave Legesis the final shot, the killing blow.

    I hope we get a tougher server next round with more competition, difference allegiances forged, more action in attacking and bigger hammers. I will open a WWK/WWR assesment forum post when the shyte has hit the fan

    Take care

    Jeroen.

  8. #18
    Pikeman
    Join Date
    04.08.2015
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuta View Post
    ....However with Trimmer upcoming, toxic lurking around the corner we decided to do the right thing. Being diplomatic. We did what Marshy couldn't do. We succeeded in our diplomacy and united the NE. After that we were really on the verge of a pretty big war with the NW what would've really become a stalemate. In the end through some very, very smart talking we managed to unite the NW....
    The coup did this, if White Wizard didn't go quiet which was the reason why the coup in NWM started this would have been a fun server. We guessed NWM was going to team up with someone after the coup, With the leaders of the coup backed by V throughout it was inevitable what the outcome of the server was going to be. V knew if the coup went through NWM wouldn't have a chance to win anymore a merge just sealed V's victory and just forced everyone else to meta up.

    It's a shame but I said this was going to be the outcome 3 months ago.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DD4 View Post
    The coup did this, if White Wizard didn't go quiet which was the reason why the coup in NWM started this would have been a fun server. We guessed NWM was going to team up with someone after the coup, With the leaders of the coup backed by V throughout it was inevitable what the outcome of the server was going to be. V knew if the coup went through NWM wouldn't have a chance to win anymore a merge just sealed V's victory and just forced everyone else to meta up.

    It's a shame but I said this was going to be the outcome 3 months ago.
    "Okay, since it seems like V has all won, can I get some clarification on what really went down. Bare in mind. I can only give my views on things from a Mid level ONE member's perspective."

    Well Legesis is strong too. From what i can tell, this just became a war!

  10. #20
    Thorned Warrior
    Join Date
    30.01.2015
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elecstorm83 View Post
    "Okay, since it seems like V has all won, can I get some clarification on what really went down. Bare in mind. I can only give my views on things from a Mid level ONE member's perspective."

    Well Legesis is strong too. From what i can tell, this just became a war!


    Legesis was strong, but then their "legs" got broken by V.

    And I agree with NWM, Wizard had to go because he was unstable, V knew that with the support of NWM we wouldn't get stuck in a hot pocket sand wich between leg, nem, one and nwm. As V had the quad locked down from day 1 basically with no major fights it would turn up to be a 4 vs 1. WIthout problems.

    Now don't tell me that's not true because we all know that that would've happened at one point. V eliminated the possibility that NWM would join up with Leg/Nem/One. And later that One would raise hands versus V.

    A server is won on huge anvils, huge endgame hammers, smart diplomacy and very thorough thinking, that's what V did and the Legesis meta didn't in the end.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •