Thread: New type of cropper

Guardsman

Default New type of cropper

Okay so I seriously doubt I'm the first one here with this idea (it has actually already been discussed very briefly in the UK forums afaik), but would such a layout work?

(credit to TermiNatars for the picture)

A village with 12 croplands and 2 each of the other resource fields.
    Just cause, y'know, not all of us can use NPC trade all the time, or have gold club for a hundred huge farmlists.
    A village that (without being capital) can produce a decent 560 each of lumber clay and iron per hour (without oases and buildings) and can build AND hold a respectable (?) army if it *is* a capital.
    Unlike the 15c, it can sustain itself in the three resources and is still superior to the 9c.
    Can also make a secondary army village or a defence village for players making hammers.

If it works, I would suggest the Travian team introduce them, and if it doesn't, I would appreciate it if you let me know why.

Cheers

Thorned Warrior

It looks interesting....good idea.

Guardsman

This should totally be implemented!!

have you made some math behind it? i just wonder. In my fast opinion (without any calculations) the resource fields (other than crops) won't be paid up for a long time if they're only 2 of each. It's critical already in 9c. So, it wouldn't make much sense to build them up, just like in regular 15c. Another problem regards bonus buildings. Are they in or out? coz taking away three slots inside the village for doubtful bonus doesn't seem like a great idea. Every 9c holder knows the struggle around them.

Guardsman

Quote Originally Posted by slow ciliatus View Post
    have you made some math behind it? i just wonder. In my fast opinion (without any calculations) the resource fields (other than crops) won't be paid up for a long time if they're only 2 of each. It's critical already in 9c. So, it wouldn't make much sense to build them up, just like in regular 15c. Another problem regards bonus buildings. Are they in or out? coz taking away three slots inside the village for doubtful bonus doesn't seem like a great idea. Every 9c holder knows the struggle around them.
    As I already mentioned, the 560 each of lumber clay and iron is WITHOUT any oasis, building, hero or gold bonuses, and only up to level 10 (non-capital). With buildings, it can go up to 700 but I didn't mention it cause no one will do that. But 560 of each is decent for players that don't have NPC trade, trade routes or farmlists. Also remember that if you make it your capital and upgrade the fields to 13 each, it will produce a nice 1386 each without any bonus (or 1050 if you upgrade them to 12).

While in crop the slight disadvantage of 12-croppers against 15c can be explained by the fact that those who will take this cropper as a capital will only do so because they cannot fully use the advantages of 15c due to a late start or any other reason. Thus it will give them something to use properly and still an advantage over 9c. A non-capital 12c can produce 5040 crop without oasis, while in capitals it depends on how far you go.

Hope this helped.