Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forwarding/Merge

Natarian Knight

Default Forwarding/Merge

Please confirm that there is no forwarding or merge on the server. I have to admit I'm disappointed, for forwarding especially.

Thorned Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Ele View Post
    Please confirm that there is no forwarding or merge on the server. I have to admit I'm disappointed, for forwarding especially.
    Seems they don't actually listen to us and use what we don't like and discard what we do like

Guardsman

They do listen, because there is no forwarding/merge on the server. Merging is a no-go, but I could live with forwarding.
    NLX: Team Rocket, HIF, V-Vogels

Natarian Knight

This is your opinion I agree that merge on regular server brings more trouble then good. But this is SE. Unlike regular server, people settling more than one cluster, some time days away from each other. No army will be build in remote regions. Unmovable defense with days trip home becomes useless etc.

Natarian Knight

Still would be nice to have a confirmation. Removal of merge and forwarding was never announced.

Guardsman

Well okay, I'm not experienced with SE. This is my first one
    But still, merging is a no-go for me. Forwarding is oke
    NLX: Team Rocket, HIF, V-Vogels

Thorned Warrior

Forwarding yes
    Merge no
    SE based NO
    aEU based YES

Forwarding was incredible once the bugs were ironed out. Game changing strategy changes and no advantage to gold heavy users. Benefits all but predominantly those with effective strategies and team work. With the multiple towns over varied regions the forwarding would be welcome in birthday specials from my opinion.
    I had quit this game prior. Am now back on ruthless account. Hello to all.

Teamlead Customer Service Phanttis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ele View Post
    Hello,

thank you very much for your report. And sorry for the delay, as it was such major feature that was missing, it had to be found out very carefully if it was intended in this version by the game design, or not.

In the end, the features were missing due to a bug. It has now been fixed. But hey - this is why Beta rounds exist. If issue like this would occur in global release it would cause a big(ger) mess.

Regards,
    Phanttis
    You've got a question? You can find the answer here: T2.5/T3 Answers / T4 Answers / New User Moderation

Moderators work on a voluntary basis and are therefore not available 24 hours a day.

For Travian: Legends support, please first take a look at answers. If you cannot find what you are looking for, use the in-game support request form or write in-game message to Support.

Travian: Legends global scoreboard

Dissapointed to see merging return. Here is why:

Who uses it? Who benefits?

1 - Elite players/raiders with loads and loads of spare resources
    2 - Players with loads of gold to use
    3 - TG for making heaps more money off addicted gamers.

The average player (such as myself) would never use this feature. Last server, all 3 major sides had a very small minority use upwards of 2500 gold to move hammers around the map. There is no skill in that. All sides accused the other of only dominating due to extreme gold abuse. The accomplishments on all sides were tarnished, as wins were moreso attributed to gold abuse rather than teamwork or skill.

Who loses?

1 - Everyone who does not use it. Say you settle a nice cropper and somebody else wants it, they settle a 6c directly next to it and merge their spawn hammer (catas included), directly next to you for 1000 gold. Your capital is gone before your alliance has any chance to arrange reins. Even if somehow you manage to anvil the hammer directly next door to you the attackers spawn is producing more offense that will soon merge next to you again and again you are doomed.

I would love to see merging removed, or at least DO NOT ALLOW the merging of catapults. Maybe make merging resources only. Forwarding is a great strategy that anyone can use. Merging is an overpowered advantage that only benefits the richest.

Travian has done such a good job this round trialing no auctions to reduce the advantages of heavy gold use. If merging stays there is a very good chance I wont bother with the birthday special when it launches.
    I had quit this game prior. Am now back on ruthless account. Hello to all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast