Thread: Map and regions

Natarian Knight

Default Map and regions

1. Good map is highly desirable. In game map has very little use right now for planning. I understand it's a big task to put different type of a map in the game and will probably so full of bugs so I'm not suggesting that. However, it should be very easy for TG to publish full map of the server on grid somewhere on forums or blog.

I have some struggle understanding which region opens what, especially over water. For example at the moment Delphi can be populated (I guess because of Brundisium) but Caralis can't. Easiest way I think would be having a map on which you can click on a region and see what will open after 10K population. If no map, this information should at least be added to the region overview, i.e. it should say which region(s) need to be populated to open settling in the one you are looking at.

2. I see no logic in how artifacts are assigned to regions. On traditional servers artifact location is defined by it's power, i.e. unique will spawn on certain radius, large on other etc. This create a map on which you can go in any direction from the center and have equal chances. This map seems chaotic. On the current map some directions are much more desirable than others.
    The map is static, meaning location of an artifact is not changing from server to server.
    I suggest you make it variable and publish a map for current server with announcement of the server so an alliance will need to pick a new path every time.

3. Starting regions are too big. Aquileia, for example will never be captured by anybody due to huge number of spawns. Maybe it make sense to change you spawning algorithm to limit spawned villages by region.

4. I don't think changing amount of point to highest being assigned to small artifacts is good idea. Small are more desirable than large and uniq. Many players will not be able to build TC20 without alliance help, you can only activate one per account, TC20 can be targeted and expensive to rebuild and now even area worth less. That makes regions of unique artifacts barely interesting.
    Last edited by Ele; 03.09.2016 at 01:36.

Will someone answer for Ele questions?

I forwarded those questions and comments to the devs. As soon as they answer, I'll post it here. Sorry for delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ele View Post
    3. Starting regions are too big. Aquileia, for example will never be captured by anybody due to huge number of spawns. Maybe it make sense to change you spawning algorithm to limit spawned villages by region.
    Maybe it should be possible to chose region in start?

A newspaper about Travian since 2009