Thread: Smaller map

Guardsman

Default Smaller map

Hello everybody,

Simple but very wanted by almost everything in my network.
    The map is 800x800 spots large (400 north, south, east and west).
    The average players on a server is like 1500-2000.

A small piece of math: 800x800 = 360.000 spots in the map.
    Pretend the average amout of villages of players is 10. That means 15.000 / 360.000 = 4% of the map will be players. Ofcourse there are some lakes, forests and oasis, but everybody knows what I mean.

The advantages:
    - No players who are simming around 350|350 and are useless for the gameplay
    - Scatterd Empire will be more interesting. Make the regions twice as small and you're done.
    - Small artifacts won't spawn so far away.

A while ago the map was 500x500 (250 in each direction). They changed it because of the large amount of players. Those players are gone now, so why keep the large map?

PS: Excuse me for my bad English. Grammar isn't my strongest point
    NLX: Team Rocket, HIF, V-Vogels

Hi there. Thank you for that idea. This is already being discussed by the devs, but I don't know when it is implemented. I'll forward your feedback to them.

Guardsman

Thank you. If there would be a poll created by TG, I bet at least 60% will vote for a smaller map instead of the regular map.
    NLX: Team Rocket, HIF, V-Vogels

In the regular game, yes. But in the Finals, no. There we have so many players, though maybe half are multis, for all I know, that we do need the bigger space.