Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The WW thread

Thorned Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Avesnis View Post
    Dave, I'll have you know I'm an incredibly humble individual...
    yeah totally it just doesnt translate when he speaks (rofl)

BB

Well it looks like it's allmoist time for last drinks den. Hats off to the Golden Knights!

With the plants, disruptions and chaos at hand , it's a wonder in itself how we have done as well as we have. Sittingpoised to finish ahead of Dynasy and will probably beat SGR too.

Quote Originally Posted by Some asian guy View Post
    i know nima sucked at leading this so called alliance but he is a nice guy.
    Nima didn't suck. He was one of the few that stood his ground and did the best he could with what he had to work with.

You know we could have easily sided with SGR or Vinci, yet we choose the honourable option as opposed to a much easier path to glory.

Not everyone was happy with the road we paved. It meant even more obstacles stood in our way, including those disgruntled or lacked the team spirit required to work in a great team, yet despite our short comings. Our golden knights have rose above to stand tall.

Unfortunately for the sw quad we were/are the only quad that was not pre- arranged like the metas vinci/sgr/dinasty. Unless your counting the hand full of players that returned to join knights and I that formed the early frame work for our team. Our greatest challenge never came from the other quads, despite heavy bombardment..

For us our mightiest challenge was solidyfiying and bringing together the SW, which was split and diverse. Our intial objective was to go down in a blaze of glory. yet here we still remain :P

For quite a while Knights and gold players were taking pot shots at each other early. We realized we could have blown the quad up or joined together with knights. Nima worked very hard on diplomacy early and brought us together even in the wake of those who betrayed us or worked against the grain.

We never could never have imagined doing better then the former champs Dynasty have done. or doing almost as well as the chumps in SGR.

Just look at us now! @ what we have accomplished it's nothing short of amazing

Together we stand tall, our wonder is there for you all.
    The glorious fighters of the sw and our stunning ww wall
    We are the natural flow.
    With the shimmering Golden glow.

From the golden gates of beyond we came
    With our Golden knuckle dusters we tame
    We put honour back in the game.
    This round remember the Golden Knight warriors, the team that put your metas to shame

We earnt our place the hard way. And yet the server is still not done

Wonder of the World

Player(s) Name Alliance Level
    1. TriForce Veni Vidi Vinci Vinci B 96
    2. Hansel&Gretel Wonder of Slackers SGR WW 58
    3. Knight Golden Knights Knights 47
    4. Senior Sparrow D&T: Forbidden City DynastyT 45
    Last edited by Monkey Magic Ooh!; 12.11.2016 at 07:02.

Default Congrats :)

I want to add my congrats to Vinci, WW team, DC, OC all the player for this so fully deserved win. And thanks for the exciting end game we enjoyed (it's so so rare seeing an interesting end game ).
    You did everything perfectly (quite ), great coordination on WW, beautiful hammers (that monster... wow) and great defence.
    It has been a real pleasure playing (against) you
    I'm really happy we're playing togheter on other server with some of you!
    com1 - Hybris&Nyx | com3 - Hybris&Nyx

Guardsman

Quote Originally Posted by cris@ View Post
    I want to add my congrats to Vinci, WW team, DC, OC all the player for this so fully deserved win. And thanks for the exciting end game we enjoyed (it's so so rare seeing an interesting end game ).
    You did everything perfectly (quite ), great coordination on WW, beautiful hammers (that monster... wow) and great defence.
    It has been a real pleasure playing (against) you
    I'm really happy we're playing togheter on other server with some of you!
    I could not agree with you more.

So... it's been almost 4 days since the server ended. Are you guys planning a grand victory speech or something?

Thorned Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by LastSpartan View Post
    So... it's been almost 4 days since the server ended. Are you guys planning a grand victory speech or something?
    No .

Least I don't think so

Axerider

Quote Originally Posted by LastSpartan View Post
    Well I know I've been catching up on some sleep

We joined in after Ruthless finished to do a quiet defense account and didn't know many in Vinci at all and the quiet account thing didn't turn out so well for my dual and me.

It was a super challenging and interesting wonder race to be part of. First time being a sitter on such a small wonder account. Such a small account certainly had great manageability to it but I am not sure that I would recommend that to anyone in the future.

All of the people on this world deserve a big round of applause. Four wonders being actively built and continued to be rebuilt and so many people staying to the end and growing some great defense and some great offense even within the last 2 days. I was getting sore fingers from loading all of the attacks.

Great game everyone,
    Sarcy

Overall par performance by SGR and Dynasty you played it safe. We played the Under dog card perhaps a bit too hard.

There was also a lot of play under the table, we even helped tiremi at times early against Dynasty then I acused other quads of doing the same, unconfirmed so did SGR (tho I believe Dynasty cottoned on albeit eventually and finally side lined tiremi by having them on side

(SGR leaders had a pact with some of us not to attack (we also play under SGR in other servers fyi just not this one) until a goldie took a great trainers, then it was time to placate SGR and SGR and Gold knights were good humoured about the round.

Server settled in to mid game, we (golden knights) were being tested by vinci and Dynasty now and after our arti haul were being treated much more seriously, some said we acted weak when we were strong, vinci worked out quickly we were just as capable of defending.

Where as Dynasty learnt we were capable of both. With our attacks and defense said to be comparable with Dynasty =.

Vinci offered 1 wing of Golden knights (including urs truly and no more then 20 players ) a golden handshake, to work only with vinci disbanding from our meta, which urs truly also respectfully declined.

It was decided The efforts of my dual and Nima and everyone playing with us in the sw, were not to be undermined and the SW proved more important then just a couple of dozen players.

Word eventually spread that some players were given an opurtunity to leave the Gold knights fold to join vinci. And it caused a bit of a divide between some players that really wanted the win and argued it would only come with vinci, even questioning our judgement. But we were not about to turn our backs on the majority of sw players, just so a few could piggy back a win.

The round was better then most of the servers I have played in the last few years. And a fitting way to hang up the boxing gloves perhaps for the last time.

Well deserved Vinci, you took the most chances, thought outside the box and steam rolled in the end with SGR and us hot on your heels.

I said it straight of the bat this is the year of the monkey, now where did I put my over size ego and red suit ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAbE36IBTZY

p.s Seasoned Greasing's! to you all. And a happy safe one, until my sword is un-sheathed again.. have a bloody good one mate
    Last edited by Monkey Magic Ooh!; 03.12.2016 at 02:15.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011