Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Systematic use of farming and boosting accounts

Unhappy Systematic use of farming and boosting accounts

How come this huge problem with boosting and farming accounts isn't more heavily discussed? It seems like most people have come to accept some strange and unfortunate fact that "Multi accounts is just the way the game is played today". Why aren't Travian itself keen on punishing obvious use of these methods, when it clearly ruins the game for a lot of people and kills off server activity? Travian as of today is a game which loses players faster than it regains them (or atleast the "regular" servers are), and this is might very well be one of the reasons.

A very obvious example:
    The entire PRIME meta is farming even numbers in huge chunks (visible the first minutes of new weeks) and tenfold what others are, while everyone else encounters heroes or mysterious troops that no scouting reports show in their quadrant. A certain "very Red" PRIME player often farms in chunks of 60k at a very controlled pace and got 180k between 00:00-01:00 the 26th of december.
    Similar farming accounts exist in the other quadrants as well, but very clearly not as much.
    Why is this so horribly overlooked by the staff members? A few have been punished for it from time to time, but no real results are ever showing. It is a blow in the face for everyone who still plays this game the way it was meant to be played.

I take PRIME as the example here because of how everyone knows they are doing this. It does of course occur in the other metas as well, and that should certainly not go unpunished either.

I am hoping the people who actually are able to do something about this starts caring more for the player base that is still left. Many countries servers are closing in on their final breath with little to no active players, and I think (or mostly hope) showing improvement and will to take on big problems like this will rejuvenate the will to play this wonderful game for a lot of people.

This will probably fall on deaf ears, but it is worth a try to get some more eyes to look at the issue even if it's just two.

ummm as a non gold user i often time have overflows on my account which i dont mind sharing ... dont report me for boosting my neighbour)

Also travian has already introduced rules for push control... you can suggest to admins idea for their improvement
    *free hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by lanrola View Post
    ummm as a non gold user i often time have overflows on my account which i dont mind sharing ... dont report me for boosting my neighbour)

Also travian has already introduced rules for push control... you can suggest to admins idea for their improvement
    But you donīt share with all your neighbours do you? You share with one or a few specific neighbour and if somebody else comes you put in defence, build wall and spend your resources. Travian has push control through marketplace yes but pushing through being someones private farm seems to go unpunished and very much unhindered in most cases.

life is not fair

Natarian Knight

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyWoodpecker View Post
    life is not fair
    It may not be, but at least in the real world we got NATO.
    Don't be a poser, Mongoose. And that is the Final Word.

The risk of mass deletions and a dead server is high.

Could we at the very least get an answer from Travian on what their thoughts are
    on this issue and what they are doing to fix it? We deserve that much at least.

Of course you'd def against all non friendlies. Yet it needs to be differentiated - accs played by real players (who just give volunteerly acc for partly farming by a friendly) and multiaccs (those that are created and played by one same player or bots). Don't put it all in one bucket...

On this server there are both present indeed.

p.s. Admins also still did not respond to why in T4 they started removing inactives faster which reduces raiding a lot and pushes players to search for workarounds
    *free hugs*

The problem is, those guys (PRIME) simply jumped into the wrong server. If they really wanted a competition, they could easely get wildcards and join in Finals DACIA's quad getting a proper fight against Emerik and Co (if you (PRIME) are still dunno how to get 5 cards on 8 e mail's, knock me private and I will teach you ) Since the 1st Final Tournament started, ppl tend to play normal speed x1 COM servers not for hardcore battles, but mostly as a pleasure to stay in a communion..
    Just 4 months ago CWL won COM 2. Started in one quad with around 130 ppl splitted in 4 wings, without personal farm alliances for top off. players. The first and the last advantage was, CWL started as the only premade meta on the server. That was the most boring 8 months I ever played. No competition, 13 wonders and all arties in one hands ect.
    It is not even question does TG want to make this game a bit cleaner or not (money does not smell ), but as I know travian after 10 years of playing, this is a pure wasting of time and gold for PRIME as well as for the rest of the server.

P.S. For those PRIME's who want to discuss:
    1. Yes I am russian
    2. Yes I know what I am talking about, an account on Final I am playing for now is in top 10 robbers several weeks in row, so I know all this stuff pretty well
    3. And yes, dont post those funny, stupid logs anymore, please. Looks like 14 years old teenager robbed 8 years old little boy, taking sweets
    4. This post is not against russians at all (I am russian as well) and even not against PRIME (You are doing well as most of RU in this game) but about the situation as it is for now, do we like it or not......
    Last edited by sir_kaban; 27.12.2016 at 00:26.
    MightyRU & CWL

Pikeman

In an ideal world you should be allowed to build a support account, which solely focuses on giving resources. The reasons for this could be many, for example for building a good WW-hammer, which would get much easier if two accounts could cooperate.

However, in this game we have
    1) automatic pushing rules - which are easily avoided by farming
    2) a rule about only playing the account to its own benefit, whatever that means, which is also easily avoided because it's extremely rarely enforced
    3) rules against more than one account belonging to, or being played by, the same person

Now, the idea is that multiaccounts isn't fair, because that would give a player the opportunity to with little effort gain a lot of extra resources. If resources are endless then there is no strategy left, and no game either.

The automatic pushing restrictions are there to lower the motivation of creating multiaccounts. When someone truly wants to create a multiaccount, there is no way to detect this. There are certain browsers you can use to hide your Ip, and you can play via proxy. Maybe that's the same thing. Anyway - mutliaccounts will happen, they are impossible to avoid, because they are often impossible to prove.

So, I'd argue these other rules, against pushing and against playing an account solely for the purpose of another account, which are there to prevent people from wanting to go about the trouble of creating a multiaccount, these rules don't do their job correctly. The way these rules are at this moment we will see a lot of tech accounts, that in a lot of cases are multiaccounts.

To ensure a fair game, and lower the probability of multiaccounts, the rules should be changed to make it harder for supportaccounts. The real support accounts maybe don't deserve this, but the risk of multiaccounts is too high.

One way could be to extend the automatic pushing restrictions to farming. Maybe make an exemption for inactive accounts. Another way would be to define what playing for the benefit of your own account is, to make sure that rule is enforced more.

Either way, the current possibilites are too wide and it's too easy to use tech accounts, which makes it too tempting to use multiaccounts. And therefore we see multiaccounts and bots.

Hi all. I'd like to put my 2 cents here. Though I am not involved directly in the multihunting now, my experience as a Head Multihunter for several years is still with me. And I know how hard it is to catch multies especially the ones that are not connected directly. Hard, but not impossible at all. So, first what I'd recommend - if you see some of those multiaccounts, please report them to Multihunter. Obvious, but it helps a lot. But this is not what this post is about.

Recently we announced a change in pushing protection for RoA world which also took 3rd type connection (in other words not connected players) into account. According to the planned rules, players could only raid 20% of village daily production. That was planned to do in order to make multiaccounts with no connection type less desirable and less interesting to create. Something pretty close you are talking about here. And what did we receive? A strong negative reaction from almost everyone. Therefore I'd like to ask you if you have some idea which might be used against multiaccounts (apart from using MH tools), please post them in the idea section. They'll be forwarded to the devs.

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers, Ameno

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast