Thread: Lets close up alliances!

Natarian Knight

Default Lets close up alliances!

As Ameno suggested in another thread here is my idea how to fight multiaccounting

Lets restrict reinforcements and shipments (except market trades) to confederacy members only. Then for push accounts will have to be included in the confed and multies created to be farmed will be defenseless, i.e. farms for everyone.

Of course confeds should be exclusive, i.e. if you have confederacy with someone and making new, new member automatically has confederacy with your other partner.

That would limit total number of account participating in given confederacy to 240 (I would make it lower, but it's my taste). If someone want to include multies in this number - be my guest, honest accounts will always win if numbers are comparable.

Of course this is not a remedy, but it will make creation of multies much less profitable, to a point of being useless.

Natarian Knight

Nobody wanna talk to me? Ok, I will talk to myself.

- Sitters coverage can be restricted to confed members as well (bye-bye 80% of spying, as a side effect).
    - 3 weeks for sitter without owner login is unreasonably long. Such period can be granted by MH if requested. Maybe first time it can be a couple of weeks, but should be reduced for second etc. Unexpected stuff happens of course, but maybe if you unexpected stuff, 3 weeks long, happens more than twice a server, you should not play the game and deal with your life instead.
    - registration should be closed earlier, after one month maybe.

- TOR must die!

Guardsman

I am not sure you could ever fight multiaccounting effectively.

For example, if your aim is to push yourself. Get resources "illegally" then you only need to register a second account, found the capital in close proximity to a hammer you want to build (or you settle your hammer-village TO the capital of your multi) and then you can always use that capital as a troop-parking.
    And there is no way to prevent that.

And you don't have to do it that way, but the fact that you can save yourself MILLIONS of resources just by parking your troops somewhere else and let them pay for the consumption, that alone makes an effective means to stop pushing impossible. From my point of view.

The ideas you suggested are not bad, they are reasonable. But they won't solve the problem. You could argue that Travian could at least make it harder for people who want to cheat. But this is a double-edged sword.
    Because (at least on German servers) they suspect that someone is a multiaccounting, they have a few indications (for example the multi accounts was NEVER online when the primary account wasn't. Or when the alliance of the primary account got attacks, suddenly the multiaccount came online.. and stuff like this) but they only ban the account when they are 100% sure.
    Of course, .com MHs sometimes ban you for no reason at all, so for them thoroughness is not as important as for the German MHs, but what I am trying to say here, is, that the only way to prevent multiaccounting is to increase the uncertainty for the majority of players. In the form that suddenly these indications are enough and there does not need to be an IP match.
    But then... it could happen that the amount of wrongly punished people might even increase - and it already is too high. Sooo... well.. not sure if that really is the way, but maybe if gave some people reading here ideas how to tackle the problem, after all that is a discussion thread, opened by the awesome ELE, so participate or DIIEEE!

Hi. Thank you for your message. I'll forward your ideas to the dev, sure.