Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corner

Default The Corner

Qualification drawing

The call to battle finally arrived and planning can begin for real.

We have the same hosts as previous years. International English and International Arabic, Russia, Germany, Turkey and France.

There are many domains and 12 are invited to dedicated servers. Which twelve differs a bit from year to year.

The ones that wasn’t chosen in the first unofficial lottery are welcome to International on .com
    Last year .com was exciting and eventful from beginning to start with many unexpected turns and Greece won after a turbulent endgame.

I look forward to see what happens this year

The Arabic server is primary for the domains in the Middle East. Here we have a very strong ally that usually dominates the server. Their opponents chose to play on .com last year.

Group A: Host - Russia. Guests: Czech, United Kingdoms and Baltic. No one have ever been able to threaten Russia on the home server. The guest needs to cooperate if they wants to achieve something and not split over the whole server. The Swedish ally Def&Dest played on this server last qual and ended with nice rankings.

Group B: Host - Germany. Guests: Brazil, Hungary, Netherlands. All countries with experimented and hungry players. Diplomacy is the most important tool here if you wants to win the server.

Group C: Host – Turkey. Guests: Poland, Chile, Taiwan. There are always a lot of wars going on on this server. Guests will not have it easy here either. After several years of chaos, Turks have begin to cooperate and did good last Final. There is a rumor that TP will return to the Tournament. If so Turkey might have a surprise coming. But of course their sheer superiority is heavy weighting.

Group D: Host – France. Guests: Indonesia, Portugal, United States. France have the upper hand here but they have lost a past qual to Ukrainians. US is an unexpected guest and I think many of them prefer the .com qual, but we will see

China, Thai, Vietnam wasn’t among the 12 chosen this year. They played in different metas in Final. Will they chose .com and find new friends this round? And what will Dacia do?

New constellations is a good base for an entertaining Final

A question often asked is where it will be easiest to qualify. There are three different ways to qualify: by pop or by off points or by def points. 4-5 villages is enough on most servers or do as I did last year – I killed animals from my one-village accounts and qualified by off points It didn’t work on the Turkey qual – as I said – they loves to fight.

This year I will try to find accounts that are willing to host me on the different servers and only hold my own account on .com. I have enough of qualification medals (chuckle).

I look forward to meet both old and new friends!

Edit: China and Taiwan is the same I'm told this morning.
    Last edited by Safiren; 30.05.2017 at 08:21.

A newspaper about Travian since 2009

Then , I m going to translate all your speech to Turkish forum now

You are so sweet!

Thx a lot

Default Prestart interviews

Before start there is a lot of hyschhysch and we all are so curious about who will play where. I've ask some leaders for interviews and here are the first ones. Enjoy and happy reading!

Razor COF X, one of the leaders of Turkey (and also my host on the Turkey qualification).

My questions:

1. Turkey did well last Final. For the first time in real cooperation and fighting Russians. What are your thoughts about next Final?

2. What do you think about the start field?

3. You have Poland Chile and Taiwan (China) as invited guests. What do you expect from them?

4. Anything you wants to say to the other qual servers?

Razor’s answers:

How we will do will be decided in the qualification , because there are 2 another Turkish groups like COF. First Turkey alliance will play at the same group as COF and its alliances but in the quadrants + - , COF will play at + + quadrants. And DİRİLİŞ MARAZ will play on International com with nearly 400 players.

Alliance Turkey includes ADAMUS and Anti-COF alliances (many of them were defeated in national servers against COF) and many of the players are all old players from 1st qualifications.

It is too complicated to comment on for now. As COF X leader. I dont want to conflict against Turkish players , but if they want , we are going to answer it... I hope It doesnt happen...

I heard about Poland, they have respected players containing TP alliance... I haven’t heard about the Chile & Taiwan team too much. But I expect that to have new alliances with them. At least we have great Diplomats

Group A ; The RUSSIAN Group. It is too clear that Russians will gain too many tickets over there ,

Group B : We have a lot of friends over there like German , Hungarian friends. I hope they will be successful.

Group D : This is a different group. I have never seen something like it before , I will be interested on that server too...

Maliah Dao from Vietnam

My questions:
    1. I’ve seen Vietnam participating in the Tournament for some years and always with high rankings but we don’t know much about you. Can you tell us about your ally?

2. What do you think of this years start field?

3. You are going to the Germany server. Why did you chose that one?

4. Will you cooperate with Turks again in next Final?

Maliah Dao:

1. We are a group of players from Vietnam. The last two qualifiers we have started to build ww, our def was approximately 20m with the accounts Zajzaj and Hungbig in top of the qualification (2015 and 2016 ). Our allys that regularly attend the Tournament are r@tos (VNteam), t@p, VN@FINAL (VN-FINAL), ....
    In addition, there is another group that also won the high rankings but has not the same goal as us.

2. This year's qualifiers are on fewer servers , I think it will be more exciting, the competition for final tickets will be more fierce as more players come in a group.
    However, we from Vietnam will have trouble if Travail Games does not open the gold loading port of VTC (a popular gold gate and usually used for vietnamese players that don’t have VISA). If the TG supports the VTC gold reloader, our players will be more dedicated and join more crowded to the Tournament.

3. We chose Germany for many reasons, in which the most prominent reason was that Germany played very enthusiastic, good players, brave, fairplay and good organization. We want to figth and study

4. The continuation of federal cooperation with Turkey in the future: for us federalism is based on the principle of equality, mutual benefit. Good cooperation but imperfect coordination will not be good for the parts, so this will be considered when requested!

(P/s: I'm only temporarily represent some of the vietnamese teams during preparation, after which the Vietnamese leader will direct our players.)

Emerik (Teutonic Steel) a Dacia leader

My questions:

1. One of the most asked question is where Dacia will play. Can you tell us?

3. Russia was very strong last Final. Will it be possible to beat them this year?

Emerik:

1. Dacia meta will not play qualifications, not Dacia from last 2-3 years anyway. Many players I know avoid getting involved with travian during the summer or if they play they rather choose a speed server for some quick fun rather than a serious tournament server. I do have a group of friends and we are going to play qualification server on COM / international other Dacians might follow other leaders and try to have some fun in France group I heard, but nothing major.

2. First of all I must say I am a bit disappointed that Romania is out completely from the draw / not in the group of 16 countries selected to play in Qualification groups . As far as I know, Dacia (Romania) was one of the main teams of the tournament in the last 5 years and we always come in the Finals with hundreds of players. Maybe countries like Indonesia, USA, UK might have more players on national domain, but in the Finals they dont' even exist ! Very strange decision , but not the first one from TG
    This year start field is not much different from last year, an active player will surely qualify for the Finals regardless of the group he chooses to play, but i guess the best fun will be on Russian server, on Arab server and at last but not least, on com/International.

3. Russia was indeed very strong last time and if they play like they did the last time, I don't see another team capable of stealing the win from them. But last years tradition say that Finals always have a different winner the following year so we might witness a big surprise .. maybe the first ever arab victory ? Turks have been a big and nice surprise in the last finals but they still have a long way to go before winning a tournament.
    Anyway, Ru team comes in the next Finals as favourites , again.

Ekaterina (promter) International

My questions:

1. You are known as promter and you have played the Tournament for several years. Which qualification servers do you usually play? Which is your favourite and why?

3. Which countries do you think will play on com?

4. Your plans for Qual?

Ekaterina:

1. I usually play com servers. And those are my favourite as well. It's always an exciting pattern of different nations. It makes the server more interesting, but also tricky to play. I refer not only to the gaming side, but also to the multi cultural aspect.

2. It's an interesting mix. I would especially like to observe the group C with aggressive teams of Turkey and Poland. If so happens they start in the same quad, it's going to be hell of a battle.
    The group D on the other hand is quite opposite with the three deff oriented teams. However, without much local wars one could expect record size wwks by the end of the round, which are always pleasure to watch.

3. Hard to say now or maybe not everything can be announced just yet Based only on the information openly posted I expect to see some of the arabic groups, some russians, possibly greeks, and of course a usual international team.

4. As I have no doubt that everyone on board of our team will qualify, I want just a nice, clear, and active game (or at least as clear as it is possible with the overwhelming amount of those annoying bots). I don't make any plans for the end game yet. We will see how well our team does through the early and midgame.
    Last edited by Safiren; 06.06.2017 at 09:30.

Hey , Safiren , very nice work ! Thanks for the interesting observation of common qualifications. It is always very interesting to read such things , especially connected with tournament.
    Unfortunately, there is no interview from Russians.
    What do you think guys , will Ru Team become the best again?
    P/S:
    I recommend you to post this theme in ru forum also , cuz there are a lot of active people there.

Regards

Nice job, Safiren

by hugo234 from HongKong

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman2 View Post
    Hey , Safiren , very nice work ! Thanks for the interesting observation of common qualifications. It is always very interesting to read such things , especially connected with tournament.
    Unfortunately, there is no interview from Russians.
    What do you think guys , will Ru Team become the best again?
    P/S:
    I recommend you to post this theme in ru forum also , cuz there are a lot of active people there.

Regards
    Thank you I'm waiting for some more answers, no one from Russia yet, but hopefully it will be sooner or later.

I had my Corner on ru forum for some years now I'm back on .com. Half of them was polite and the other half snarled at me for not being able to write in Russian ^^ They know where to find me if they are interested.

Thorned Warrior

Turkish speed has just end. Tournament beginning time is just perfect. Turks are coming very strong. Probably at 60th day everyone will accept the winner

Quote Originally Posted by TurkC View Post
    Turkish speed has just end. Tournament beginning time is just perfect. Turks are coming very strong. Probably at 60th day everyone will accept the winner

Last year I heard the same about Turkish , one of them wrote in Russian forum about their great plans and power , but...
    They were suppressed and dismantled by Ru Team very easily
    Let's talk about real things , no chance for Turks against Russia -.-

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast